The Student Room Group

What was before the BigBang?

Either something existed before the Big Bang or not...

What is your thought?

Can you justify your point, philosophycally or mathematically or scientifically?

Do you know that the Big Bang is not the only theory of how the Universe came into existence?

What is the importance of such a research or foundation?

Scroll to see replies

I dont know and have no way of knowing right now therefore I dont have any thoughts about it. :h:

Thats justified scientifically and philosophically.
(edited 8 years ago)
A world of K-pop that was dull, repetitive, and lacked of SWAG. :p:H

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CTced9CMMk[/video]
I'd say something triggered the big bang, which I think was God.
but obviously some aren't religious and probably disagree with this
foreplay
Reply 5
Well scientists and philosophers are having a big debate on what was before the big bag?

Some say absolute nothing was before the big bang

Some say relativistic nothing was before..

Some claims another Universe gave birth to this Universe

Some say the black hole was the cause of this Universe

Some say it wasn't a big bang...

So problem is not solved yet.

Yes the big bang is the most famouse among the theories...
Reply 6
I'm a fan of the 'Big Bounce' theory.

This suggests that there was a similar Universe to ours that existed before, and another will exist after this one ends.

Time has no beginning and no end...
We don't know yet, the question itself may not even make sense considering that it's believed time originated with the Big Bang.
Reply 8
FB_IMG_1444138619163.jpg
But to answer your question idk. Probably black jack and hookers.
Reply 9
Original post by howtobealady
I'd say something triggered the big bang, which I think was God.
but obviously some aren't religious and probably disagree with this

Well a true scinetist opens all posibilities on this occasion, and should not deny any hypothesis or axioms...
Reply 10
Original post by jsMath
Either something existed before the Big Bang or not...

What is your thought?

Can you justify your point, philosophycally or mathematically or scientifically?

Do you know that the Big Bang is not the only theory of how the Universe came into existence?

What is the importance of such a research or foundation?

I personally believe that the cload of dust that caused the big bang was created by God and was his way of starting the universe - kind of like pushing the start of a domino line.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jsMath
Well scientists and philosophers are having a big debate on what was before the big bag?

Some say absolute nothing was before the big bang

Some say relativistic nothing was before..

Some claims another Universe gave birth to this Universe

Some say the black hole was the cause of this Universe

Some say it wasn't a big bang...

So problem is not solved yet.

Yes the big bang is the most famouse among the theories...

Some are also saying it's a cycle... before our universe was created there was another one before ours, which died out/collapsed
Reply 12
That's deep bro
Reply 13
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
We don't know yet, the question itself may not even make sense considering that it's believed time originated with the Big Bang.

That is a good point, and the reasion why some might see invalidity of this question is because cause only operate in time, and because time does not exist then there is no cause...

Due to some understandings of reletivity spcaial time, and space and time started with the so called big bang.

Note: there is no sound in space, so the term bang is just to make it interesting...

But yet relitivity does not imply nothing was before the bigbang, it may imply space and time was not before the big bang. This is where some scientists get it wrong!

However, we may ask a ligitame question: Are there other types of causes?
Reply 14
Some are also saying it's a cycle... before our universe was created there was another one before ours, which died out/collapsed

Yes that s what i said some believe that one Universe gave birth to another, or a star collapsed and dies forming a black hole, then the BIg Bang...
Reply 15
Original post by A level sufferer
foreplay

You're not funny! lol
Original post by jsMath
Yes that s what i said some believe that one Universe gave birth to another, or a star collapsed and dies forming a black hole, then the BIg Bang...

I find cosmology interesting. It's a mystery. I like lol.
not trying sound like a pessimist but i don't think we will ever know. we only just found out about water on Mars
do you think the black hole leads to anything?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
I find cosmology interesting. It's a mystery. I like lol.
not trying sound like a pessimist but i don't think we will ever know. we only just found out about water on Mars
do you think the black hole leads to anything?

Some scientists believe that a black hole leads to another Universe...

Some scientist don't even believe in black holes.

I believe in multiverse, and to me it is an axiom that there exists more than one Universe..
Original post by jsMath
That is a good point, and the reasion why some might see invalidity of this question is because cause only operate in time, and because time does not exist then there is no cause...

Due to some understandings of reletivity spcaial time, and space and time started with the so called big bang.

Note: there is no sound in space, so the term bang is just to make it interesting...

But yet relitivity does not imply nothing was before the bigbang, it may imply space and time was not before the big bang. This is where some scientists get it wrong!

However, we may ask a ligitame question: Are there other types of causes?

True, many people mistakenly imagine the Big Bang as producing some sort of ear-deafening sound, when actually, it was completely silent.

Well to be fair, science does not say that there wasn't anything before the Big Bang. There may have been a state of being without space and time.
Reply 19
For those who believe cause only operates in time scale, they face a huge problem or a paradox...

The clear contradiction is that the cause of the Big Bang did not require time, but yet they say cause only operates in a time span!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending