The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Excuse Me!
For those with the network - Unfiltered with Kevin Owens, Legends with JBL (Bischoff), and Table for 3 with Ryback, Ziggler and Bryan are all fantastic watches.

Anyone else watched them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I loved both parts of the JBL/Bischoff interview ... compelling television!

WWE24: NXT Brooklyn from last night is a must watch. Wow. Amazing documentary
Reply 3581
Buzzing for NXT TakeOver: Respect tomorrow.

Fully expecting Asuka, Jason Jordan & Chad Gable, Bayley, and Apollo Crews to get the wins.
Original post by IanDangerously
I loved both parts of the JBL/Bischoff interview ... compelling television!

WWE24: NXT Brooklyn from last night is a must watch. Wow. Amazing documentary

Yeah, I was surprised how good a interviewer JBL is. We were supposed to get a new one with Road Dogg after Smackdown but for some reason that hasn't happened.

Saw the new 24. Love the behind the scenes aspects, the whole womens match was just amazing and it was cool to see their mums, HHH, Becky and Charlotte react to it and the way Owens congratulated Bayley.

Still think the best 24 episode was Wrestlemania 30 though.
Original post by Mackay
Buzzing for NXT TakeOver: Respect tomorrow.

Fully expecting Asuka, Jason Jordan & Chad Gable, Bayley, and Apollo Crews to get the wins.

I'm not 100% sold on Apollo Crews yet but then it took me till Kevin Owens had a long match to enjoy his work. I'm a big Tyler Breeze fan so will still hope he wins!

Jordan and Gable (particularly Gable) are super entertaining and have the best tag team finisher .

I'm expecting a Samoa Joe heel turn on Finn.

Womens match is gonna be incredible hopefully!
Reply 3584
Original post by Excuse Me!
I'm not 100% sold on Apollo Crews yet but then it took me till Kevin Owens had a long match to enjoy his work. I'm a big Tyler Breeze fan so will still hope he wins!

Jordan and Gable (particularly Gable) are super entertaining and have the best tag team finisher .

I'm expecting a Samoa Joe heel turn on Finn.

Womens match is gonna be incredible hopefully!

Just watching the WWE 24 NXT documentary. Brilliant viewing.

I'd be amazed if Samoa Joe didn't turn and then debut on RAW soon.
Joe is unlikely to be on the main roster anytime soon. Vince likes to keep 'top guys' from others companies held back s little while as so suggest the best from these smaller promotions wouldn't even make it on Raw without a lot of training and "improvement". When Christian returned from TNA a few years back he was jobbing his arse off for 6 months or so. I was surprised he didn't even put Howard Finkel over.
Reply 3586
Original post by Redemption?
Joe is unlikely to be on the main roster anytime soon. Vince likes to keep 'top guys' from others companies held back s little while as so suggest the best from these smaller promotions wouldn't even make it on Raw without a lot of training and "improvement". When Christian returned from TNA a few years back he was jobbing his arse off for 6 months or so. I was surprised he didn't even put Howard Finkel over.

Joe's been in NXT a while now, though.

The main roster is also suffering a dearth of quality heels. Owens and Rollins are exceptional, but Sheamus is lacking any real momentum despite the MITB briefcase, and Rusev is in the middle of a farcical programme with Ziggler.
Reply 3587
This week's SmackDown results:

Spoiler

34 mins till NXT Respect!

Just been catching up with some NXT. Kana's a bit screechy on the mic, look forward to seeing what she can do in the ring.
Sasha Banks is a killer heel.
Original post by Mackay
Joe's been in NXT a while now, though.

The main roster is also suffering a dearth of quality heels. Owens and Rollins are exceptional, but Sheamus is lacking any real momentum despite the MITB briefcase, and Rusev is in the middle of a farcical programme with Ziggler.

Would you not say Rollins is more of a face now? Up against Kane who's choke-slamming everyone in sight and fooling HR and the medical staff (yawn) into believing him and the demon are two different entities. He's my favourite wrestler on the roster for sure though, so I may just be seeing things that way.
Reply 3591
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
Would you not say Rollins is more of a face now? Up against Kane who's choke-slamming everyone in sight and fooling HR and the medical staff (yawn) into believing him and the demon are two different entities. He's my favourite wrestler on the roster for sure though, so I may just be seeing things that way.

I'd say that Rollins' loss record is making it very hard for him to be a heel.

24 losses during his WWE WHC reign. That is farcical booking.
NXT Takeover Respect was fantastic.

I wish Jason Jordan and Chad Gable won the tag tournament.

Kana is great in the ring. Hopefully her talking doesn't let her down.

Bailey/Sasha was brilliant. I loved all the falls other than Baileys second. Sasha making Issy cry was horrible haha.

Commentary was fantastic as well, made every match more exciting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many more World Titles will Cena win, and how long does he have left?
Came across an article discussing Rock-Taker's involvement going forward and as it's a Friday and needed bit of time to kill at work, got thinking..

Just wondered to myself whether Vince thought of letting The Rock end Undertaker’s streak?

Rock is a bond fida star in Hollywood now and if he took the streak, Vince might have thought it brings the product into a more (not that it needs it) publicised event.

King of the box office Rock, taking Taker’s streak and riding off to all the adulation and the focus it would bring back to the WWE. Could have envisioned Vince thinking like that "Oh man, all of Hollywood will be on the WWE!"

Throwing it out there for discussion and to be shot down most likely..lol
Original post by Aky786UK
Came across an article discussing Rock-Taker's involvement going forward and as it's a Friday and needed bit of time to kill at work, got thinking..

Just wondered to myself whether Vince thought of letting The Rock end Undertaker’s streak?

Rock is a bond fida star in Hollywood now and if he took the streak, Vince might have thought it brings the product into a more (not that it needs it) publicised event.

King of the box office Rock, taking Taker’s streak and riding off to all the adulation and the focus it would bring back to the WWE. Could have envisioned Vince thinking like that "Oh man, all of Hollywood will be on the WWE!"

Throwing it out there for discussion and to be shot down most likely..lol

I imagine him hating that idea. Someone leaving and taking the streak with them, and the streak wasn't even that big a thing back then.
Original post by FFTypoCorrector
How many more World Titles will Cena win, and how long does he have left?

No Idea but he's bound to beat Ric Flairs record of 16. It's gonna happen eventually.
Reply 3597

Original post by ozzyoscy
I imagine him hating that idea. Someone leaving and taking the streak with them, and the streak wasn't even that big a thing back then.

This.

Vince would have despised the idea of giving up control to the Rock, really. He left in 2003, so the only times he could have ended the streak were at WM28 and WM29.

He fought Cena on both occasions. The streak wasn't that big when he left. Sure, they could have had him take on Undertaker at 29, but the Cena rematch was obviously used to elevate the former and avenge his defeat at 28.

I stand by it: Randy Orton should have ended the streak in 2006. I'm happy Lesnar did it, but Orton would have been the perfect man to back then. It was the ideal feud to see Taker lose.
Original post by Mackay
This.

Vince would have despised the idea of giving up control to the Rock, really. He left in 2003, so the only times he could have ended the streak were at WM28 and WM29.

He fought Cena on both occasions. The streak wasn't that big when he left. Sure, they could have had him take on Undertaker at 29, but the Cena rematch was obviously used to elevate the former and avenge his defeat at 28.

I stand by it: Randy Orton should have ended the streak in 2006. I'm happy Lesnar did it, but Orton would have been the perfect man to back then. It was the ideal feud to see Taker lose.

Vince loves mainstream attention and my thinking was he'd give it to the Rock so he can soak up the attention it'd bring for the franchise movie star taking ending the streak and trusting Vince's horrible booking for years it has been.

But agree on your point though. On Orton at WM21, 2005? I remember watching that, and it was a good match, and it'd have been worthy to break the streak especially the ending (chokeslam into RKO conversion) but even then I felt Orton was coming off a heel turn after his face turn flopped so didn't think he should have broke it but had Orton 2004 (beating Foley/Benoit) heel run then definitely, yes with the Legend Killer gimmick.
Vince loves mainstream attention and my thinking was he'd give it to the Rock so he can soak up the attention it'd bring for the franchise movie star taking ending the streak and trusting Vince's horrible booking for years it has been.

But agree on your point though. On Orton at WM21, 2005? I remember watching that, and it was a good match, and it'd have been worthy to break the streak especially the ending (chokeslam into RKO conversion) but even then I felt Orton was coming off a heel turn after his face turn flopped so didn't think he should have broke it but had Orton 2004 (beating Foley/Benoit) heel run then definitely, yes with the Legend Killer gimmick.

Think Undertaker wanted to lose to Randy but Randy said no.

Only reason the streak was broken was to make Lesnar even more legitimate and proper him into his dominant run from august to now. The Rock would have gone straight back to hollywood and WWE wouldn't be able to capitalise on it.

Quick Reply

Latest