The Student Room Group

Primary Teaching 2016

Hey guys, been searching for a while on here for things to do with primary teaching but nobody really seems to be saying stuff so though I'd make a new thread to talk about applications and interviews etc :smile:

I should hopefully be sending off my application in about 2-3 weeks to Edge Hill, Liverpool Hope, Derby, Chester and Worcester!
these next few months with interviews and what not are making me very nervous!! 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I'm applying to Cumbria, York St John, Leeds Trinity, Chester and not sure what my fifth choice will be! Just waiting on my reference and then I'm sending it off!:biggrin:
I'm so nervous about the interviews because I'm really shy, but I suppose everyone is a little nervous! x
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Hey! I'm applying to Cumbria, York St John, Leeds Trinity, Chester and not sure what my fifth choice will be! Just waiting on my reference and then I'm sending it off!:biggrin:
I'm so nervous about the interviews because I'm really shy, but I suppose everyone is a little nervous! x

you've got some nice unis there!! I've looked at all of them - I definitely struggled with trying to find 5 I really liked 😬

oh god I'm exactly the same!! group interviews make me so nervous... so worried people are going to speak over me and tutors will just forget who I am!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm currently doing a course I don't like from clearing from the 2015-2016 cycle. I'm planning to apply to Primary Education in Kingston, St. Mary's, Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Roehampton.
Original post by rosiemaria26
you've got some nice unis there!! I've looked at all of them - I definitely struggled with trying to find 5 I really liked 😬

oh god I'm exactly the same!! group interviews make me so nervous... so worried people are going to speak over me and tutors will just forget who I am!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mhm I'm really happy with my choices!:yep:
Yeeees, I hate interrupting people and always wait politely for my turn to speak! So no one will probably even notice I'm there! Fingers crossed for us both, anyway:crossedf:
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Mhm I'm really happy with my choices!:yep:
Yeeees, I hate interrupting people and always wait politely for my turn to speak! So no one will probably even notice I'm there! Fingers crossed for us both, anyway:crossedf:

definitely got all my fingers crossed!! good luck with your application and interviews!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunshine97
I'm currently doing a course I don't like from clearing from the 2015-2016 cycle. I'm planning to apply to Primary Education in Kingston, St. Mary's, Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Roehampton.

oh no that's a shame :frown: what are you doing at the moment?? at least you know what you really want to go for!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh no that's a shame :frown: what are you doing at the moment?? at least you know what you really want to go for!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Primary Education last year for 2 universities (my teachers were being stingy with my predicted grades), but got rejected after my interviews.

I realised my mistake, since I tend to get nervous I was trying really hard to prepare that my answers turned out too common and generic. I realised that I should speak from my heart next time, since I can talk many things about it rather than hiding behind short and pre-rehearsed answers.

I'm doing Theology at the moment. At least this time I'm feeling much more motivated to earn my place.
I applied for Primary Education last year for 2 universities (my teachers were being stingy with my predicted grades), but got rejected after my interviews.

I realised my mistake, since I tend to get nervous I was trying really hard to prepare that my answers turned out too common and generic. I realised that I should speak from my heart next time, since I can talk many things about it rather than hiding behind short and pre-rehearsed answers.

I'm doing Theology at the moment. At least this time I'm feeling much more motivated to earn my place.

so happy for you now you're more motivated - definitely best of look with interviews this time round!! at least you'll more or less know what to expect now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
so happy for you now you're more motivated - definitely best of look with interviews this time round!! at least you'll more or less know what to expect now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much :biggrin: Hopefully it all pays off this time round, since I'm also doing more work experience too. God luck to you too! Hopefully you get into your first choice uni :smile:
Hey guys, been searching for a while on here for things to do with primary teaching but nobody really seems to be saying stuff so though I'd make a new thread to talk about applications and interviews etc :smile:

I should hopefully be sending off my application in about 2-3 weeks to Edge Hill, Liverpool Hope, Derby, Chester and Worcester!
these next few months with interviews and what not are making me very nervous!! 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a 3rd year at Derby doing primary ed, if you have any questions 😊
Original post by glitterphobia
I'm a 3rd year at Derby doing primary ed, if you have any questions 😊

If you don't mind me asking:

What advice would you give to nervous and shy people like me in interviews?

What kind of skills will they look for and how would I talk about my skills?

How would I talk about how I would be an asset to the universities?
Reply 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya, try not to be nervous it's a long process but it's bearable!!! I have been through it very successfully!! If you have any questions or want advice on exactly what to expect just write here or send me a personal message on here!!! :smile:
Reply 13
]

Posted from TSR Mobile

you don't want to let that happen:wink:, if you want any good tips just ask:smile:))
Hey, I am also applying to Primary Teaching But i dont know what choices to make! Can someone recommend anywhere?

I'm looking at doing primary education at Kingston too! i've not heard of anyone going there so it's nice to know i'm not alone :smile:
Original post by mxntrose
I'm looking at doing primary education at Kingston too! i've not heard of anyone going there so it's nice to know i'm not alone :smile:

Omg that would be so cool if we both end up meeting eachother at the interview :biggrin: hopefully we both get in though.

Kingston's a good choice since it's known as the best institution for primary teaching, Roehampton and St. Mary's is also great too. You can look up league tables too for the best institutions for 'Education' related courses. If you want I can give you some links :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Omg that would be so cool if we both end up meeting eachother at the interview :biggrin: hopefully we both get in though.

Kingston's a good choice since it's known as the best institution for primary teaching, Roehampton and St. Mary's is also great too. You can look up league tables too for the best institutions for 'Education' related courses. If you want I can give you some links :smile:

It would be pretty funny :biggrin: I'm hoping so, everywhere seems to have low percentage of accepted applicants :s-smilie:

I really like the town but i was also thinking of Roehampton, that would be awesome if you could! So far i'm thinking of also applying to Stirling, Glasgow and Hull :smile:
Reply 18
It would be pretty funny :biggrin: I'm hoping so, everywhere seems to have low percentage of accepted applicants :s-smilie:

I really like the town but i was also thinking of Roehampton, that would be awesome if you could! So far i'm thinking of also applying to Stirling, Glasgow and Hull :smile:

It's such a rigorous interview and application process that it's true, only a small percentage get through compared to everyone that applied!!
Any questions just ask :smile:

Ikr! Let me know if you get accepted into any of the interviews, maybe we can meet eachother. Dont let that bother, my mistake was that I let it bother me too much that I was trying to say answers that I thought the intervieqers wanted to hear, so I used common answers.

The reason they reject so many people is because theres lot of applicants, they accept the ones that stand out the most to them. So what we have to do is make sure we stand out from the rest of the crowd, and say things from your heart (I knows its cheesy, but thats what I learnt). Since these answers would be unique as no one had said them before.

We can do it :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending