The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jammy4041
Considering the way the draft panned out, the fact that Bridgewater went #32, and that the Texans only needed to move up one place

To be fair, I'm sure they tried.
Reply 1541
Well they could have still taken Derek Carr at 33. No real excuses
USC has to be the most confusing team in College Football. Losses at home to Stanford and Washington; Won away at Arizona State.

The stars are aligning for Utah to win the PAC12 South -- and the PAC12 itself.
Original post by munn
Well they could have still taken Derek Carr at 33. No real excuses

But seeing the way Hoyer game-managed the ball to the free safety on their final play, I can see why they didn't feel the need to draft anyone.
Oh wow! Texas finally showed up!!! Some "Texas Fight" downed #10 Oklahoma.
Meanwhile, Laquan McGowan just caught another TD. Just went up the middle of Kansas' defense, showed some nifty footwork for a 410lbs man, and avoided a tackle at the 3 yard line with an elegant step-over and tumble.
yes!!! Idaho State beat FCS #23 North Dakota, away!!!! Big win!!! So happy for ISU!!! #GoBengals! Montana and Eastern Washington are losing in Big Sky play so that was a crucial win!!!

UP WITH THE NAVY!!!! If Navy manage to beat #15 Notre Dame, away, they should be ranked. No excuses. And they are giving Notre Dame a big scare in the most Navy Way possible. Their QB is 1/1 for 6 yards at the half; their running back has 95 yards on 9 carries, while their FB has 72 yards on 4 carries and two TDs. Their QB has another 29 yards on the ground on 5 carries. What amazes me about navy, isn't just the turnover and the navy service that they all will do, it's the fact that they consistently have one of the smallest lines and best running attacks in football. More teams need to use the triple option, flexbone formation. It's a thing of beauty. Air Force look good too...there will be a big battle for the Commander In Chief trophy, for sure.

Oh god. Poor Nick Chubb...awful injury apparently, but luckily he's regained conciousness. Georgia is thrashing Tennessee though. What went wrong for Tennessee?
Eagles Saints game on sky sports three and sky 2. I bought a now TV sky sports day pass but anyone with the basic sky channels can watch sky two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1548
Oh joy. The 2014 Jags O-Line is back. 3 plays; 1 run stuff, 1 9 yard rush which was all Yeldon and 1 sack against a 4 man rush. Also having the worst defensive pressure ever. Pick 6 Winston is 5-5 for like 50, the D-Line is even losing on the run half of the time.

Edit: The Jags O have got it moving a bit and the D is playing bend don't break pretty effectively through Q1. The moral of the story, they need Dante Fowler's pressure in 2016 and their O-Line has to continue to grow. TD HURNS. The pain when A Rob anytime is in your bet and Hurns is on your other fantasy bench.
(edited 8 years ago)
Rodgers noooooooo.
Man Joe Hadens confidence is absolutely wrecked. He's been awful this season.
Reply 1551
Original post by SmashConcept
Rodgers noooooooo.

You made me think he went down! He just proved he's mortal again!
Original post by Wattsy
You made me think he went down! He just proved he's mortal again!

Hahaha maybe that was melodramatic then. I'm on my 4th job since his last home pick FFS. And it took a tipped ball at the line for it to happen.
Reply 1553
Original post by SmashConcept
Hahaha maybe that was melodramatic then. I'm on my 4th job since his last home pick FFS. And it took a tipped ball at the line for it to happen.

Yeah Twitter says it was a tipped ball. That is a fairly remarkable stat though. The Jags cannot buy a turnover :frown: Winston hitting self destruct and still gets lucky.

The Jags suck. Can't stop Doug Martin, give up 50 yard run backs on ST and now throw picks to clearly covered receivers. Why do I do this to myself? It's like 0 fun. I usually say they're my penance for supporting Man U but seriously. A competent feeling game against anyone would be great.

Why can't it be 2 minute drill all game? Bortles looks great there. Game back on at least but the Jags need to score more than 3 in the 2nd half which I'm not sure they've done this season. And now we've kicked off out of bounds. The pain continues. Lovie Smith got boring and let them off for 0 points.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1554
Jamaal Charles does not look good.

The Jags hit self destruct again. This is so annoying. This Offense is possibly the most frustrating thing I have ever witnessed; so much talent, 20% execution.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Jamaal Charles does not look good.

Yea, saw him limp off on redzone highlights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1556
Original post by Motorbiker
Yea, saw him limp off on redzone highlights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might well be his season having actually seen the fall. It's really nasty.

Not watching the Jags again until they're not ****e. 200 rushing yards conceded and 0 turnovers off of Crab Leg. I'm officially off the Gus Bus, this coaching is terrible. Pretty sure they're chanting Fire Bradley at the Jags end.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
It might well be his season having actually seen the fall. It's really nasty.

Not watching the Jags again until they're not ****e. 200 rushing yards conceded and 0 turnovers off of Crab Leg. I'm officially off the Gus Bus, this coaching is terrible.

Yea I saw the fall as well. Unpleasant.

If it helps my fantasy guys on the eagles team are doing average whilst they win. Damn the eagles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1558
Original post by Motorbiker
Yea I saw the fall as well. Unpleasant.

If it helps my fantasy guys on the eagles team are doing average whilst they win. Damn the eagles.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't but thanks for trying. I plan my Sunday around the Jags game every week and every week they go and **** it up.The one week I don't plan around them they win and I only see the 4th quarter. Shad has got to go Fulham mode and fix this ****.

**** it, fire everyone, even the staff writers, nobody associated with this regime deserves to be in the building. Pretty sure the O-Line are trying to get the coaches sacked; 6 sacks!

Edit: Dave can stay actually, it's not his fault. He drafts good guys, he just lets the coaches ruin them.
(edited 8 years ago)
Jesus that kick by Nugent for the Bengals was absolutely ice cold. Just had to pretty much run on the field, get set and kick it.

Quick Reply

Latest