The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
We tried resetting it - I looked and couldn't find it, @Roving Fish tried by wiping the poll from season eight. Turns out that doesn't reset it, needs to be deleted and recreated via ModCP so what you're seeing is still the poll from end of season eight, which you must have voted on.

Ahhh yeah. I didn't look at the question just saw loads of results without any votes.
I think the first 2 episodes were better because, to be honest, I think a 9 year old could have guessed what would happen in that episode...
I mean, you know the Doctor wouldn't die like that simply because his biology wouldn't allow it...
We tried resetting it - I looked and couldn't find it, @Roving Fish tried by wiping the poll from season eight. Turns out that doesn't reset it, needs to be deleted and recreated via ModCP so what you're seeing is still the poll from end of season eight, which you must have voted on.

It's all my fault. :cry2:

I tried!

Do we have the stats from the end of season 8?

Original post by Roving Fish
It's all my fault. :cry2:

I tried!

Do we have the stats from the end of season 8?

Yeah you'll have to get CT to sort it in ModCP if you want a new poll. Maybe just delete it and then do an end of season one each season?

Episode wise, thought it was a let down after a good first part. Paradoxes I find a bit lazy story telling, like "and then they woke up and it was all a dream" and me and my bf already guessed the whole Doctor in stasis chamber thing.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yeah you'll have to get CT to sort it in ModCP if you want a new poll. Maybe just delete it and then do an end of season one each season?

@Pickles tried to do it and couldn't. :frown:

Episode wise, thought it was a let down after a good first part. Paradoxes I find a bit lazy story telling, like "and then they woke up and it was all a dream" and me and my bf already guessed the whole Doctor in stasis chamber thing.

Can't really agree there, I quite liked the paradoxes, nice to see it cover real life time travel theories, but the stasis chamber was obvious and the whole jerking forwards and backwards through time meant they really didn't do much with the fisher king, which is a shame because he looked like he could be a genuinely threatening and scary villain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It took me ages to work out how to do it last Dr Who season...I can't remember but there was an option to edit a poll and then you could go through and delete it, and then we could just add a poll like normal on here.

Can't really agree there, I quite liked the paradoxes, nice to see it cover real life time travel theories, but the stasis chamber was obvious and the whole jerking forwards and backwards through time meant they really didn't do much with the fisher king, which is a shame because he looked like he could be a genuinely threatening and scary villain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah some people like paradoxes, others don't. The odd once in a while I can deal with, if it happens too often I'll get really annoyed.

Yeah shame not to see more of him!
Original post by tomtjl
Also, the deadlocked suspended animation chamber? £10 says The Doctor is inside it :tongue:.

You all now owe me £10 :tongue:.

I enjoyed this episode and especially enjoyed the bootstrap paradox, though I admit it can come across as lazy storytelling if you're not a big fan. The whole "my sunglasses must have connected to your WiFi and made the hologram" was mindblowingly lazy, but other than that it was a good episode. I also like the fact that The Doctor is actually Beethoven :tongue:.
basically they just need to bring Russel T Davies back.
Original post by honeylooloo
basically they just need to bring Russel T Davies back.

Why? So you get just as many plot holes, gimmicks, token gay/bi characters, companions in love with the Doctor and a whole year of maybe a few seconds from each episode being relevant till the final 3 episodes where everything is a deus ex machina?

When RTD was in charge I said I prefer classic Who and was told "get with the times" I guess that is just as valid now to use for people who worship RTD.

Original post by tomtjl
You all now owe me £10 :tongue:.

I enjoyed this episode and especially enjoyed the bootstrap paradox, though I admit it can come across as lazy storytelling if you're not a big fan. The whole "my sunglasses must have connected to your WiFi and made the hologram" was mindblowingly lazy, but other than that it was a good episode. I also like the fact that The Doctor is actually Beethoven :tongue:.

I don't think its lazy but put in there for word placement for certain fans that want explainations.

It took me ages to work out how to do it last Dr Who season!

SERIES its last SERIES! its a British show lol.

Anyway did anyone think the shot of the phone and the Doc looking around was pure product placment?

As the poll was reset, I can't find the poll ID anywhere in ModCP so am unable to delete the poll . I can however change the options on the poll to what you want and then use them as fresh votes?
I thought the episode just needed more Fisher King (bit like the Power of Three's villain was only in the last ten minutes or so), it was quite clever how the Doctor tricked it though. I'm surprised the 22nd century crew didn't look at Clara's iPhone 4S like she'd just come from the middle ages haha!
Happy with this series so far, the stories definitely benefit from having room to breathe and Capaldi is properly growing into the role now.
Original post by Hugs31
II'm surprised the 22nd century crew didn't look at Clara's iPhone 4S like she'd just come from the middle ages haha!.

Because product placment trumps a in story explaination lol

I thought more that why would Clara who spends almost every moment travelling in time most in the future why would she want a iphone to fit in with modern day people.
I've enjoyed the series so far. The only thing that's bugged me so far is that both first parters have ended with "Oh no, Clara/The Doctor have died" before 5 minutes into the next episode showing how they haven't died at all and it was just a clever ruse. We all know they're not really dead. I wouldn't mind it so much if they were put in life threatening situations where it seemed like they can't escape but to show their "deaths" or "ghosts" on screen every week is just too much.
Original post by Pickles
As the poll was reset, I can't find the poll ID anywhere in ModCP so am unable to delete the poll . I can however change the options on the poll to what you want and then use them as fresh votes?

Would that solve the problem of people not being able to vote because they've voted in previous polls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would that solve the problem of people not being able to vote because they've voted in previous polls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, that's what me and roving fish tried to start with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, that's what me and roving fish tried to start with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sad times :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4757
Maybe we should just all seriously :spam: post to finish this thread and start a new one with a new poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sad times :hugs:

Aye. How's the new job going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending