The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Da_Don_1997
I'm applying for this programme from Scotland. I meet all the eligibility criteria but i've only got a UKCAT score of 2110. Do you think it's worth applying? I really don't want to waste my choices.

Yes it is.. They don't use the ukcat until after interview when they compared two candidates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Da_Don_1997
I'm applying for this programme from Scotland. I meet all the eligibility criteria but I've only got a UKCAT score of 2110. Do you think it's worth applying? I really don't want to waste my choices.

I think you should give it a go! Southampton only look at UKCAT when comparing two similar candidates. If your personal statement stands out and you meet the other requirements I think your UKCAT score wouldn't be a problem for you! I'm in a similar position to you since I only got 2380 for my UKCAT. Hopefully we both get interviews! *fingers crossed* :smile:
I'm really nervous because my school hasn't sent off my application yet and the deadline is just a few days away. :frown:
Hey guys, Im a current year 0 BM6 medic. If anyone has any questions about applying etc i'd be happy to help as I was in your position this time last year. Hope the application process is going well for you all, Good Luck! x
Original post by hollie.p
Hey guys, Im a current year 0 BM6 medic. If anyone has any questions about applying etc i'd be happy to help as I was in your position this time last year. Hope the application process is going well for you all, Good Luck! x

Its nice to see that you're helping :smile:

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by qwerty123A
Its nice to see that you're helping :smile:

What are your stats if you dont mind me asking?

At GCSE I got 7A*, 7A and at A level I got AAAB :smile:
At GCSE I got 7A*, 7A and at A level I got AAAB :smile:

Those are great, why didnt you go for A100?

Btw what was your ukcat score?
Original post by qwerty123A
Those are great, why didnt you go for A100?

Btw what was your ukcat score?

There was fine print etc because i'd be doing lots of resits as my As grades weren't so great so I decided not to. My uckat was 755 :smile:
There was fine print etc because i'd be doing lots of resits as my As grades weren't so great so I decided not to. My uckat was 755 :smile:

WOW that's amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow,
Ur UKCAT is amazing amd ur stats!
Seriously!
What were ur AS grades if u don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Wow,
Ur UKCAT is amazing amd ur stats!
Seriously!
What were ur AS grades if u don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you!
BCCD
Aw thank you!
BCCD

Wow!
I really do think I have a chance now :smile:
How many days a week does the 0 year consist of?
And do you recommend travelling for the 0 year by train, to Southampton from London for half the year until exam period?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Wow!
I really do think I have a chance now :smile:
How many days a week does the 0 year consist of?
And do you recommend travelling for the 0 year by train, to Southampton from London for half the year until exam period?

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

3 days a week during year 0
Probably not but it's not unheard of. You'll spend more on trains than you would on living here!
Original post by Neostigmine
3 days a week during year 0
Probably not but it's not unheard of. You'll spend more on trains than you would on living here!

Haha your right! :smile:
I guess I'll miss home a lot! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Haha your right! :smile:
I guess I'll miss home a lot! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's normal. We have peer mentors that can help with that. And it gets a lot easier. Plus, long weekends means you can go home for long weekends :wink:
That's normal. We have peer mentors that can help with that. And it gets a lot easier. Plus, long weekends means you can go home for long weekends :wink:

Omg I'm so excited
I'm feeling really optimistic! :smile:
What tips do you have for the group interview? I'm not very good at debating lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Omg I'm so excited
I'm feeling really optimistic! :smile:
What tips do you have for the group interview? I'm not very good at debating lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not really a debate. Just follow the instructions and make sure you're thinking about what they're looking for (not in your answers but in the way you present them).
It's not really a debate. Just follow the instructions and make sure you're thinking about what they're looking for (not in your answers but in the way you present them).

Oh wow!
Thank you!
So who do we normally get interviewed by? Or does it vary?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Oh wow!
Thank you!
So who do we normally get interviewed by? Or does it vary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lecturer, doctor, member of admissons.... it varies.
Finally paid and submitted two days ago :smile:
My personal statement is free from any plagersim too! :biggrin:
(Not that I copied lol but was worried if someone used the same phrase and things 💁)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending