The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by humortime
I got an email from the head of admissions for my college, I don't remember getting anything from UCAS.

Ohh okay, thank you :smile:
Original post by DanieleZ
PPE at Brasenose. Still just as stressed as before because of the TSA, past papers galore :redface:

I applied for Brasenose college too! Why did you chose it?
Original post by Princepieman
Oooh, PPE looks amazing! I'm applying for CS at St Anne's. hahahaha, I know what you mean, MAT preparation is killing my soul from the inside out. :h:

How are you prepping for the TSA?

I've done a few past papers under time constraints. I also bought the book 'Ace the TSA', but most of the advice is pretty obvious; I just bought it for the three practice papers and solutions that come with it. They *say* you can't really learn that much for the TSA since it's primarily a logic test, and my scores are ok, so I'm trying not to stress about it too much.

Good luck with your test! I've looked up MAT papers, and I think I'd just curl up into a ball and cry if I had to do it... but hats off to you :biggrin:
Original post by vildeung
I applied for Brasenose college too! Why did you chose it?

Originally, I was going for either Christ Church or Magdalen, but Christ Church was depressing and Magdalen wasn't doing it for me either. I went into Brasenose almost by accident, but I loved the architecture and the location (obviously). And they offer accomodation all three years, and their annexe is close by. My student guide also mentioned exchange programs and grants, which are always desirable:biggrin: She was also really good at selling the place, I suppose, but hey.
Originally, I was going for either Christ Church or Magdalen, but Christ Church was depressing and Magdalen wasn't doing it for me either. I went into Brasenose almost by accident, but I loved the architecture and the location (obviously). And they offer accomodation all three years, and their annexe is close by. My student guide also mentioned exchange programs and grants, which are always desirable:biggrin: She was also really good at selling the place, I suppose, but hey.

I see! It's interesting to hear others opinion of the place. I've been unable to visit any of the colleges, so I'm sort of applying there on a whim!
Original post by vildeung
I see! It's interesting to hear others opinion of the place. I've been unable to visit any of the colleges, so I'm sort of applying there on a whim!

Maybe we'll see each other there if we both get invited to an interview:P
Maybe we'll see each other there if we both get invited to an interview:P

Fingers crossed!!
If I'm only applying to Oxford would it still be bad to mention them by name in my ps? I'm fully targeting it to E&M already, but would it be too much to name them?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You won't be invited for an interview until the second half of November! But in the meantime you will probably get some sort of email confirmation (so keep checking your spam mail in case it goes there!) with instructions of how/when/where to send any written work (if necessary) :yes:

You should get an acknowledgement fairly quickly. There is no written work requested for Biochemistry. Interview invitations are sent out with at least two weeks' notice.

Good luck with your application!
Got my acknowledgment today! :smile:
Reply 3070
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
x

Hi BrasenoseAdm! I was wondering if you could please tell me what is considered when shortlisting for Experimental Psychology? E.g. if you have predicted grades way above the requirements will that be taken into account? What else? Thank you in advance.
I'm now applying for Oxford and January the 15th is the deadline for all other universities, right? So can I now apply for other Universities or just for Oxford? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Nancy97
I'm now applying for Oxford and January the 15th is the deadline for all other universities, right? So can I now apply for other Universities or just for Oxford? Thanks :biggrin:

You can apply now, then add more options later on track; bearing in mind you'd need to pay more for these.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
You can apply now, then add more options later on track; bearing in mind you'd need to pay more for these.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I read on UCAS that I would need to pay 12 pounds if I'm applying for just one course and 23 pounds if there are multiple. Thanks. :biggrin:
Oh, and If I'm applying through school, i.e. my subject teacher is writing a reference letter, my school needs to become a UCAS centre in order for me to get a buzzword and for my teacher to attach a reference letter to my application, right?
Original post by Nancy97
Yeah, I read on UCAS that I would need to pay 12 pounds if I'm applying for just one course and 23 pounds if there are multiple. Thanks. :biggrin:
Oh, and If I'm applying through school, i.e. my subject teacher is writing a reference letter, my school needs to become a UCAS centre in order for me to get a buzzword and for my teacher to attach a reference letter to my application, right?

That's right yeah. Alternatively, if your school isn't a UCAS centre, just apply as an individual. This would entail getting the email address of your referee, who will subsequently complete your reference - once it's done, a 'check' mark will appear next to the reference section and you can send it off.
Original post by Nancy97

Yes.
Also, I don't think if there's any problem with the payment since you're making it through a credit card(It goes into their account immediately.)
Well, my school is not a UCAS centre, but my teacher will register today, so I hope that registration process will not take too long (i.e. be immediate). In case it does, then I suppose I will just switch to applying as an individual... Thank you both veeeery much, @Princepieman and @HassanAftab :biggrin:
I am so scared since I have never EVER applied for any university, I am still a high school student, so I have to check any detail that worries me, I hope you understand. :biggrin:
Hahahaha. No problem @nancy97
I, myself am a highschool student
Original post by rvas
Hi BrasenoseAdm! I was wondering if you could please tell me what is considered when shortlisting for Experimental Psychology? E.g. if you have predicted grades way above the requirements will that be taken into account? What else? Thank you in advance.

Our selectors follow the procedures set out by the Department here;
http://www.psy.ox.ac.uk/study/undergrad/selection_criteria
OH, God, please give me advice.
So, my teacher registered my high school to become a UCAS centre, BUT that process will take FIVE DAYS, and the deadline is near.
Therefore, I switched my UCAS profile to 'apply as an individual', so the problem is solved. So should I now ask my teacher to cancel that request or to wait those 5 days and just link to my school even after I send an application and even after the deadline is over?

Latest