The Student Room Group

How is everyone preparing for their mock exams

I am doing 8 exams in total from Nov 23rd, how is everyone revision going?
Are there any tips for how to structure a paragraph for english?

Scroll to see replies

I've just done mocks last week and i've got more in november which my school haven't even mentioned, i've heard of them through tsr but going to start revising tomrrw
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I've just done mocks last week and i've got more in november which my school haven't even mentioned, i've heard of them through tsr but going to start revising tomrrw

how did your mocks go?
Original post by crosbycasey56
how did your mocks go?

They were ok i think i messed up in the maths exam but then again that's nothing new, chemistry exam was ace everything i revised!!! so please with that
thanks for asking x
They were ok i think i messed up in the maths exam but then again that's nothing new, chemistry exam was ace everything i revised!!! so please with that
thanks for asking x

Thats good and you welcome:smile:
I'm in year 10 now and doing an English mock on Narrative Writing; I am sat worrying because my mind keeps going blank when I try and remember my story. Worst thing is, it's tomorrow :'(
Original post by danielwinstanley
I'm in year 10 now and doing an English mock on Narrative Writing; I am sat worrying because my mind keeps going blank when I try and remember my story. Worst thing is, it's tomorrow :'(

aww, How was it ?
thanks for asking x

For your mock exam did you do a past paper ?
Reply 8
Original post by danielwinstanley

how did it go?
For your mock exam did you do a past paper ?

yeah for all of the exams we did
yeah for all of the exams we did

thank you:smile:
Original post by sof.iaa
how did it go?

did you do it too
Exams in November? Already?
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Exams in November? Already?

yes, what year are you in
yes, what year are you in

Year 13
Year 13

How was year 11 for you?
How was year 11 for you?

We did January exams back then...

Do you take it in November now because of the linear syllabus i.e. one in November and another in January?
We did January exams back then...

Do you take it in November now because of the linear syllabus i.e. one in November and another in January?

They are all in Nov and Dec
They are all in Nov and Dec

:eek: good luck! I hope you've started making revision notes. Trust me, making them now will get a whole LOAD of stress off your shoulders by the time your real exams come around.

Also, be sure not the have the "meh, it's only mocks" mentality because nothing batters your self-confidence more than seeing an E or U as a mock grade when exams are only a few months away.
:eek: good luck! I hope you've started making revision notes. Trust me, making them now will get a whole LOAD of stress off your shoulders by the time your real exams come around.

Also, be sure not the have the "meh, it's only mocks" mentality because nothing batters your self-confidence more than seeing an E or U as a mock grade when exams are only a few months away.

Thanks so much for that, its really appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest