The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liviward36
OMG you've applied for almost the same as me! But I changed Exeter to UEA last minute... might change it back tho, got a couple of days still..

Does anyone know how long offers take for any of these places? Already getting anxious and I only just got my welcome to track email!

Good luck tho!

Ahhhh really?! That's so cool. Would love to know how you get on, do keep me updated! I think Warwick is giving out some early offers. Not sure about the rest.

Thank you and good luck to you too!
Reply 141
Hey guys:smile:

ok so this might be kind of a stupid question but my application paranoia is coming out haha

two of the universities I applied to (oxford and king's college) require the LNAT, thus I did it on the 28th of september.
my UCAS application was then sent off on the 1st of october

I received welcome emails from all of my unis by now, however what is worrying me is at the end of the oxford welcome/greeting email there was a section reminding me what all law applicants must take the lnat until the 20th of october etc
similarly, in the myApplication portal for king's college there is also a section under the information about my application stating that all law applicants must the the lnat

do these mean that my universities have not received my lnat results? or are these reminders simply generic stuff that they put on every welcome email regardless of the fact that the applicant has already taken the lnat?

because my understanding was that the lnat results are sent off to unis 24 hours after completing the test, so both oxford and king's college should have my lnat by now

is there any way of knowing whether a university has received your lnat?
Original post by MZS15
Hey guys:smile:

ok so this might be kind of a stupid question but my application paranoia is coming out haha

two of the universities I applied to (oxford and king's college) require the LNAT, thus I did it on the 28th of september.
my UCAS application was then sent off on the 1st of october

I received welcome emails from all of my unis by now, however what is worrying me is at the end of the oxford welcome/greeting email there was a section reminding me what all law applicants must take the lnat until the 20th of october etc
similarly, in the myApplication portal for king's college there is also a section under the information about my application stating that all law applicants must the the lnat

do these mean that my universities have not received my lnat results? or are these reminders simply generic stuff that they put on every welcome email regardless of the fact that the applicant has already taken the lnat?

because my understanding was that the lnat results are sent off to unis 24 hours after completing the test, so both oxford and king's college should have my lnat by now

is there any way of knowing whether a university has received your lnat?

They are generic, chiiiiiiiiilllll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 143
Original post by Princepieman
They are generic, chiiiiiiiiilllll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh thank you, thats really good to know :smile:
I sent off my UCAS to my unis last week and am sitting my LNAT on tuesday (aaahhh!! :/) in terms of prep i've done a couple of mocks using papers form the Mark Shepherd book. Seriously bricking it! I just want to get it over and done with!
Reply 145
Guys does it matter if you send your application before you take your LNAT? Will they wait for your LNAT result before reviewing your application and giving you a place/ reject you?
doesn't matter as long as you sit it before the deadline. Just got my first offer today from UEA and my LNAT is tommorrow.
Anyone heard back from Bristol, Warwick, LSE or Durham? It's been nearly 3 weeks and I know I'm probably overreacting but I'm slightly worried!
Original post by zahra_dalal
I sent off my UCAS to my unis last week and am sitting my LNAT on tuesday (aaahhh!! :/) in terms of prep i've done a couple of mocks using papers form the Mark Shepherd book. Seriously bricking it! I just want to get it over and done with!

Good luck! I was really worried for mine, but it turned out going better than I thought it would!
My best advice would be to make a quick plan for the essay, so that you ensure you pick a title that you can write a good argument for (including both sides) and don't run out of ideas halfway through.
Hi guys! I sent my application off a week ago and I'm a bit nervous because all of the uni's I've applied to (Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham and Bristol) say they send email acknowledgements but I've only received them from Kings and Oxford? Don't know how long any of you have had to wait to get the emails, probably just worrying about nothing but it just seems strange!
Original post by liviward36
doesn't matter as long as you sit it before the deadline. Just got my first offer today from UEA and my LNAT is tommorrow.

What was the offer from the UEA? Just wondering as I'm worried that I won't get an offer :/
Sitting my LNAT tomoz
Hi all!

I sent my application off on the 1st October for Cardiff, Warwick, Liverpool, Exeter and UWE.

I got an offer from Liverpool three days after and an offer from Cardiff after 10 days.

Just wondering does anybody have an idea how long the other universities will take to reply?
Reply 153
You put your LNAT as a qualification on your UCAS application, right? Some people are saying you should, some saying not. Which is it? :P
Original post by Coolstoryman
Sitting my LNAT tomoz

Same!! Good Luck! :smile:
Original post by NOP97
You put your LNAT as a qualification on your UCAS application, right? Some people are saying you should, some saying not. Which is it? :P

Mines been sent off and i didn't...oh well too late now i guess :P
Original post by michaelzz
Good luck! I was really worried for mine, but it turned out going better than I thought it would!
My best advice would be to make a quick plan for the essay, so that you ensure you pick a title that you can write a good argument for (including both sides) and don't run out of ideas halfway through.

Thank You! Think I've got a pretty solid structure in my head so if I just stick to that it should be fine...literally just did my last practice essay. I've given up stressing now gonna go watch gossip girl and give myself a break :P
Original post by andriana16
Hey!
A guarantee or ''safeguard'' choice is always recommended! I would advise you to add one more uni in your guarantee list in just a case, especially when you don't fully fulfil the requirements that the other universities require! Maybe this will make you feel more safe!

I would choose Essex university for law. I have just graduated and applied to do my masters there - plenty of choices, a wide range of courses and modules. I am fully satisfied! The entry requirements for law at Essex are:

A-levels: ABB BBB, including an essay-writing subject

GCSE English: C

Just saying! The choice is yours :smile:

^Andriana

Did you have to do an interview for Essex?
Original post by hannah123.
What was the offer from the UEA? Just wondering as I'm worried that I won't get an offer :/

I wouldn't worry, about it. I am so happy with my offer, it's so generous. They asked me for AAB or ABB with an A in my EPQ which hopefully I will! Am so glad college practically made me do it now!
Original post by gemmabeth
Hi guys! I sent my application off a week ago and I'm a bit nervous because all of the uni's I've applied to (Oxford, UCL, KCL, Durham and Bristol) say they send email acknowledgements but I've only received them from Kings and Oxford? Don't know how long any of you have had to wait to get the emails, probably just worrying about nothing but it just seems strange!

I've not got one from Bristol yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending