The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sent my application!!
Now the waiting begins.
Original post by Nancy97
OH, God, please give me advice.
So, my teacher registered my high school to become a UCAS centre, BUT that process will take FIVE DAYS, and the deadline is near.
Therefore, I switched my UCAS profile to 'apply as an individual', so the problem is solved. So should I now ask my teacher to cancel that request or to wait those 5 days and just link to my school even after I send an application and even after the deadline is over?

If there will be other applicants to the UK, yeah, they should continue it. If not, then it'd be wise to not go through with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lovecathy
me :smile:

Me too. Have an overall of 8, but my writing and speaking were close to the minimum boundary.

Unrelated, what universities are other people here applying to? I went with Imperial, Warwick, UCL and Lancaster
Original post by Bearbert
Me too. Have an overall of 8, but my writing and speaking were close to the minimum boundary.

Unrelated, what universities are other people here applying to? I went with Imperial, Warwick, UCL and Lancaster

Warwick, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Smithy-Smiths
What have you been averaging at so far?

28 timed
My teacher finally wrote my reference! Sent off my application for Law at Pembroke today, now it's just a waiting game I guess :smile:
GCSE grades: (Indian ICSE) English: 90 Maths: 93 Computer Applications: 98 Science: 83 Social Studies: 88 Hindi: 86
A-Levels: (Indian CBSE)(Predicted) English: 90 Maths: 98 Computer Science: 98 Physics: 93 Chemistry: 90
Course: Computer Science
College: St. John's

I am not too hopeful for an offer as my Personal Statement isn't up to the mark.
Original post by NHarmonia
GCSE grades: (Indian ICSE) English: 90 Maths: 93 Computer Applications: 98 Science: 83 Social Studies: 88 Hindi: 86
A-Levels: (Indian CBSE)(Predicted) English: 90 Maths: 98 Computer Science: 98 Physics: 93 Chemistry: 90

I am not too hopeful for an offer as my Personal Statement isn't up to the mark.

Are you registered to do the MAT?
Original post by NHarmonia

for lots of courses they don't really care that much about your personal statement, more on your grades and interview, and if you do an entrance test then that too
Original post by ranayounis
My teacher finally wrote my reference! Sent off my application for Law at Pembroke today, now it's just a waiting game I guess :smile:

I'm still waiting on mine >.< they said tomorrow maximum, I hope they keep their promise! Good luck with yours!
Original post by gkallikas
I'm still waiting on mine >.< they said tomorrow maximum, I hope they keep their promise! Good luck with yours!

I'd hate to be kept waiting like that, it would drive me mad. My school has many faults, bt it is really good at UCAS!
Original post by LamantChenille
I'd hate to be kept waiting like that, it would drive me mad. My school has many faults, bt it is really good at UCAS!

Can say it drives me nuts too! I have two teachers that haven't predicted me grades yet.... It's infuriating! :banghead:
GCSE grades: 14A*'s 2A's
A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry, History and AS English Lit (ABAB at AS, predicted A*A*A*)
Course: Law
College: New
Original post by Oakflame
Can say it drives me nuts too! I have two teachers that haven't predicted me grades yet.... It's infuriating! :banghead:

Ergh, I hope you sort it out soon! :smile:
Original post by Oakflame

I know the feeling, hopefully mine will be sent off tomorrow though
Original post by LamantChenille
Ergh, I hope you sort it out soon! :smile:

Hopefully :smile: My referee is on their butts! Since I'm an EU-non-UK applicant, and my school isn't used to predict grades this early, some teachers act a bit difficult about it. Also, the school system doesn't really work the same way as the UK's does, which means I haven't yet started some of my courses - and I need predicted grades for those too...
GCSEs: 3A*s, 5A and a B
A Levels: English Lit, History and Politics (AAA and a B in maths at AS)
Predicted: A*A*A*
Course: English Lanaguage and Literature
College: University
Original post by SCalver
Are you registered to do the MAT?

Registering at the earliest tomorrow.

Original post by not you
for lots of courses they don't really care that much about your personal statement, more on your grades and interview, and if you do an entrance test then that too

Let's just hope for that. I guess I'd need some nice scores at the MAT then :P
Anybody else doing MLAT or OLAT? The OLAT is quite fun I'm finding, but the MLAT is not. :s-smilie:
May I ask you how did you enter your ICSE marks via UCAS? does it immediately get converted to grades and if it does, what are the grade boundaries? ICSE student here.. :smile: Thank you!

Latest

Trending

Trending