The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DoeADeer
It is the Pearson website where we enter our UCAS personal ID for the UKCAT, isn't it? I've seen someone say it's Acer, or are they the same thing?

Acer is for the GAMSAT. Pearson Vue is for the UKCAT I believe.
Hello folks, another grad applicant here.

I was wondering what others do if they have been confirmed a healthcare assistant job, but have not had the chance to start yet? I have put down in my UCAS that I will be working as a HCA during my gap year etc, but was rather vague about it, just quite determined which I am. I did sign the contract and I am an official employee of the trust now.
Do universities have any chance to check whether I am an NHS employee, and specifically at the trust I mention in my application; and do they do those checks at all?

Another problem is that my induction should have been in November, but unfortunately it has filled up - next one would be in January, but I'm likely to have interviews in January, and the one after is in March. Quite screwed as it is logistically nightmarish for me to get another HCA job in the meanwhile, might just volunteer in a caring home and do some tutoring.
Original post by YeloSweetPotato

I was wondering what others do if they have been confirmed a healthcare assistant job, but have not had the chance to start yet? I have put down in my UCAS that I will be working as a HCA during my gap year etc, but was rather vague about it, just quite determined which I am. I did sign the contract and I am an official employee of the trust now.
Do universities have any chance to check whether I am an NHS employee, and specifically at the trust I mention in my application; and do they do those checks at all?

Another problem is that my induction should have been in November, but unfortunately it has filled up - next one would be in January, but I'm likely to have interviews in January, and the one after is in March. Quite screwed as it is logistically nightmarish for me to get another HCA job in the meanwhile, might just volunteer in a caring home and do some tutoring.

That soynds like a good idea, be careful where you apply as some unis like yoy to have the experienece before yoy apply (my phobe is throwing a tantrun, hence spellibgs)
You need to use the PID they send you to log in to Track with. This is the PID you got when you first ever registered with UCAS - ie, your PID from when you applied to your undergrad.
Original post by HanaGEM
That soynds like a good idea, be careful where you apply as some unis like yoy to have the experienece before yoy apply (my phobe is throwing a tantrun, hence spellibgs)

Sure, will do. :smile: I mainly talked about my other work experience, shadowing doctors of two different specialties, hospice work, some volunteering abroad etc.
Sure, will do. :smile: I mainly talked about my other work experience, shadowing doctors of two different specialties, hospice work, some volunteering abroad etc.

Oh that will be plenty I would think :biggrin:
Original post by Marathi
Where have you applied to mate?

I've gone for same again this year. Notts, SGUL, Exeter, Plymouth, but unless a GAMSAT miracle occurs I doubt I'll be getting any interviews.

Hoping for more success next year when I have my MA completed, hopefully GEM will still be an option then!

I went for SGUL, Notts, Warwick and Durham (A100) in the end. My UKCAT is borderline for Warwick, and I have no idea how the GAMSAT went!

I think with the current threat of junior doctor strikes, the govt would be mad to mess around with the point of licensing at the moment, so hopefully GEM is around for a few more years at least.

Good luck!

Hi

I'm in the same boat - been offered a HCA role in the outpatients department of my local hospital but going through the endless DBS/occupational health etc. checks at the moment so won't be starting for at least a month, apparently. I wrote a very brief paragraph in my PS saying I'd been offered the role, with a couple of sentences saying what I was looking forward to doing/learning.

Good luck!

I'm in the same position. I'm waiting to hear back from HR with a starting date but I'm scared this is going to take months.
Hi all,

Just wanted to double check the UKCAT confirmation. When you enter your choices and UCAS personal ID, there is no confirmation as to whether it is complete via email right? Because I'm not too sure if I have done it right (bit nervous).

It appears to just save this information, which can be accessed again in the Additional Information section! Am I doing something wrong or does the information only get sent off all together for every UCKAT candidate after the 16th Oct deadline?

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Teki
Yeah that happened to me to, I think I remember some other people saying they didn't get a confirmation page or anything..

I did just get a 'thankyou for applying' email from Southampton so I assume it worked! The long wait begins..
Aaaaaaand my UCAS is sent! The waiting game begins...:redface:
Anyone know what the UKCAT cut off for Barts (grad and undergrad) last year was? Looking but can't seem to find it :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Roxanne123
I'm in the same position. I'm waiting to hear back from HR with a starting date but I'm scared this is going to take months.

Hi! Im on the same boat I got HCA job I'm waiting for HR for training to start date.Im doing MSc Applied Drug Discovery course at Greenwich University at Medway campus. My Ukcat is very low so im doing BMAT.Brighton uni and Kings for BMAT .other 3 i chose St George, barts,bristol.My 3 reference are ready but im still completing my ucas application.
So when I got my Track email through just now, it has a different PID to the one I (stupidly) entered into Pearson Vue before I sent the UCAS form. I've altered the PID on the Pearson Vue page, do I need to do anything differently? Does anyone who did the same thing as me know?
Original post by LilithSternin
So when I got my Track email through just now, it has a different PID to the one I (stupidly) entered into Pearson Vue before I sent the UCAS form. I've altered the PID on the Pearson Vue page, do I need to do anything differently? Does anyone who did the same thing as me know?

So do we have to give them our old or new UCAS number? I am so confused.
I realised the "new" UCAS number we get after submitting the application and get onto Track is the one I received when I applied to my undergrad degree four years ago. :O
So do we have to give them our old or new UCAS number? I am so confused.
I realised the "new" UCAS number we get after submitting the application and get onto Track is the one I received when I applied to my undergrad degree four years ago. :O

I'm pretty sure it has to be the one on Track, but hopefully someone will come along who knows for definite soon!
I'm pretty sure it has to be the one on Track, but hopefully someone will come along who knows for definite soon!

OK, I've read through the Pearson Vue information again (the one just where we have to save "additional information" and add our UCAS PID) and I am pretty sure too that it must be the one for Track.

It is the one on Track, it says it on the Pearson Vue website
Does anyone applying to Cambridge CGC know whether we have to put down the UCAS Apply or UCAS Track reference number? So confusing that they give us two reference numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest