The Student Room Group

First kiss

Had my first kiss yesterday aged 18. It didn't really live up to expectation. Is this normal? Am I doing it wrong? I've never had a boyfriend and now the guy who kissed me isn't replying to me :frown:
I'm female and the first kiss for me was 17 and it was rubbish, he was sloppy and 'orrible! It can get a lot better trust me.
Maybe media has built up expectations in you that are need going to be met.

Maybe there isn't such a thing as a spark, but you should be able to tell whether it felt wrong or not.

As for why he's stopped replying... More information is needed. Where did it happen? What happened after? How did he react?
There can be such things as bad kisses, maybe you were both nervous (or he's a bad kisser). You'll know when a good kiss comes along, just don't have ideas of what it "should" be like as they'll all be different
Reply 4
It wasn't bad in terms of sloppy it just felt as if we were imitating fish opening & closing their mouths(couldn't think of a better way to describe it)
Original post by Anonymous
It wasn't bad in terms of sloppy it just felt as if we were imitating fish opening & closing their mouths(couldn't think of a better way to describe it)

LOOOOOOOOL.

That's basically what kissing is :lol:
Two words: house party
It would have been ok... if I had been expecting it.
I think that's where a lot of people experience many firsts nowadays
(edited 8 years ago)
Did you have high expectations? Maybe I had particularly low expectations as I thought my first kiss was nice!:h: If you go in expecting fireworks to go off and your body to be gripped by tingling pleasures of electricity flowing through you, then you probably will be disappointed!:giggle:
Reply 8
Original post by littlenorthernlass
Did you have high expectations? Maybe I had particularly low expectations as I thought my first kiss was nice!:h: If you go in expecting fireworks to go off and your body to be gripped by tingling pleasures of electricity flowing through you, then you probably will be disappointed!:giggle:
This.

My first kiss was utterly amazing, probably because I never expected to kiss anybody, ever, in my whole life. So it came as a total shock when this barmaid who'd decided to tag along with me after clocking off at the bar she worked at (where I'd been) and came with me to the next place, siezed me as I went to say good night at the end of the evening. I can even remember thinking 'HANG ON THIS IS NEW WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO AM I SUPPOSED TO OPEN MY MOUTH WILL I OFFEND HER IF I SEEM CONFUSED BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...' but then, I obviously didn't come across that bad, as we got thrown out of the bar :ahee:

Same girl took me to a gay bar about a year later :sexface:
My first kiss was amazing. And then he acted embarrassed and ignored me for ages. Boys are boys. Maybe he's trying to be mysterious.
I guess I was expecting butterflies :/ after the kiss he said he has to get the bus and left. He still hasn't replied. Found out he was trying to spend a night on campus with a freshers (he's a second year). So I guess it's for the best but feeling a bit deflated :frown:
Had my first kiss yesterday aged 18. It didn't really live up to expectation. Is this normal? Am I doing it wrong? I've never had a boyfriend and now the guy who kissed me isn't replying to me :frown:

He sounds like a scumbag who just uses girls like you. You are better than that and dispite you kissing him...you will have a great boyfriend in the future. Chin up :wink:
Original post by littlenorthernlass

when did this happen?
I guess I was expecting butterflies :/ after the kiss he said he has to get the bus and left. He still hasn't replied. Found out he was trying to spend a night on campus with a freshers (he's a second year). So I guess it's for the best but feeling a bit deflated :frown:

:console: he doesn't sound like a person that you would have a meaningful connection with.

On the plus side, you've now kissed someone so you kind of know what to do and maybe you can initiate it with someone else the next time.
my first kiss was with someone who I had little chemistry with aha. We're still kind of friends. But yeah, it wasn't the best. I rate 5/10. The next kiss was a lot better :smile:
My first kiss wasn't all that great either. I was 13 at the time but remember it so clearly! He just used so much tongue and ugh yeah. I've had other terrible kisses since then as well, but also many great ones. I've always found that different people have different styles of kissing! My ex never used tongue when kissing and done it very slowly/sexy, whereas my most recent "kissing" partner likes to use the right amount of everything. Very sensual. Tbf, it's amazing what you get accustomed to when you've been with someone for a while.
Mine wasn't exactly fireworks and all, mine was at 16 with a girl who was actually talking/doing stuff to someone else at the time (yet we were dating), but yeah it was bad as I was very nervous and very self conscious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending