The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liviward36
I've not got one from Bristol yet!

That makes me feel better, at least it's not just me! Just feels like a long time to wait for them to receive it?
Original post by liviward36
I wouldn't worry, about it. I am so happy with my offer, it's so generous. They asked me for AAB or ABB with an A in my EPQ which hopefully I will! Am so glad college practically made me do it now!

That's great! I'm just worried because I got BCCC in my AS levels. I was close to B's in 2 of them which is so annoying!
Original post by Gregrock98
Hi all!

I sent my application off on the 1st October for Cardiff, Warwick, Liverpool, Exeter and UWE.

I got an offer from Liverpool three days after and an offer from Cardiff after 10 days.

Just wondering does anybody have an idea how long the other universities will take to reply?

Congrats that's awesome! What were your predicted grades?
Original post by LydiaIsaacs
Congrats that's awesome! What were your predicted grades?

Thankyou! My predicted grades were 3A's
Original post by polpo
Did you have to do an interview for Essex?

Hello!
No, at least according to the requirements back in 2012.. Anyways I haven't heard for an interview requirement to get into Essex so far! :smile:

^Andriana
Has anyone got offers for Warwick, Bristol or Exeter yet? :smile:
When is the earliest you could receive an offer from LSE, UCL, Nottingham or Bristol for law? Assuming you sent in your application early (September/october)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aubergine7
When is the earliest you could receive an offer from LSE, UCL, Nottingham or Bristol for law? Assuming you sent in your application early (September/october)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably two weeks after you have sent off your application or sat your LNAT (whichever is last). My Nottingham offer took 3 weeks and UCL took 5 last year, and I would imagine that Bristol and LSE will be similar.
Reply 168
On ucas apply if your reference has been written and your overall application and reference has been approved does that mean UCAS have your application? I ask because my application was approved at 2 this afternoon but I still haven't recieved an email from UCAS yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GOKU27
On ucas apply if your reference has been written and your overall application and reference has been approved does that mean UCAS have your application? I ask because my application was approved at 2 this afternoon but I still haven't recieved an email from UCAS yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try to see if you can login to Track with your personal ID and the password you have made your UCAS account with. That will mean it has been approved and UCAS have processed it. I could log into Track before I got the email :smile:
Original post by GOKU27

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you paid and sent yet? Even before my reference was written, once I'd paid and sent it I could only see my overall application (excluding references). I only found out my reference was done when I got my email from UCAS as it never showed once i'd sent my application off.
I'm applying for law from Canada and I'm really struggling with rounding out my choices, so I hope someone can help me?

I've for sure got Durham, QMUL and Edinburgh, but I'm not sure about the other two. It's between York, KCL, Nottingham and Bristol. Any advice?
I'll finally be sending my application to my school on Friday, and hopefully my referee will be quick so it can be sent to UCAS. Does anyone have any experience regarding how quick Warwick, Newcastle and Leicester are at responding?
Original post by doctorwhofan98
I'll finally be sending my application to my school on Friday, and hopefully my referee will be quick so it can be sent to UCAS. Does anyone have any experience regarding how quick Warwick, Newcastle and Leicester are at responding?

I'm not sure for law, but my boyfriend applied to Warwick for maths and got an offer the next day :eek: It depends on whether they want the LNAT, as you probably won't get a response until they have that data :smile:
hi : )
im an international student from france, and here the grading is SO different. i have to run after teachers and get them to write me their predicted grades, and they always get annoyed.

and they always say 'yes but you have until the 15th of january to apply!'
surrrre its not like this is important and needs to be done in advance

so im going to do everything to get around 16,4 for my predicted baccalaureate score. my current trimester grades are 16,24/20. i don't even know if it's going to mean anything to the universities.

im thinking of applying to UCL, KCL and LSE. then im going to fill up the gaps with something else, maybe Birmingham? i only really care about UCL, and i still have all illimited applications in France.

is someone from france and in UCL currently? and if so, what grades did you need?

im sitting my LNAT next week and getting seriously anxious.
Original post by SebastianCanuck
I'm applying for law from Canada and I'm really struggling with rounding out my choices, so I hope someone can help me?

I've for sure got Durham, QMUL and Edinburgh, but I'm not sure about the other two. It's between York, KCL, Nottingham and Bristol. Any advice?

Hey! Not sure if I can really advise you on what to choose for your two options (I personally have Bristol and Nottingham down but that's because I visited them and loved both of them but everyone is different).

I just thought I might tell you incase you weren't aware that if you study Law at Edinburgh, you'll be taught Scots Law and not English law, meaning you won't be able to work outside of Scotland in England or Wales for example without going through some type of conversion course if you'll want to work as either a solicitor/barrister. I do apologise if you do already know this, better safe than sorry :smile:
My LNAT is booked for the 24th but I probably won't be sending UCAS off until the beginning of November. Is that okay?
Original post by Gingerbread101
I'm not sure for law, but my boyfriend applied to Warwick for maths and got an offer the next day :eek: It depends on whether they want the LNAT, as you probably won't get a response until they have that data :smile:

I thought Warwick wasn't an LNAT university.

http://www.lnat.ac.uk/what-is-lnat/do-i-need-to-sit-the-test/
Hi everyone.

I applied to UCL, Oxford, Warwick, Nottingham & Queen Mary.

I'll keep a close eye on this thread, and update you all when I hear back from my unis. Even the dreaded news! *gulp* :frown:

I also did my LNAT in central London on Tuesday this week. Crikey!! The level of concentration required is monumental! Having a lovely passage makes a significant difference. One of mine involved an exegesis of a drawn-out report on soil textures in Soviet Russia. Your expected to identify points in a verbose passage whilst bearing in mind the time limit of 2 mins per question (factoring reading time too).

Anyway, I've received my [email protected] email so I'm all good to go.
Original post by Pythian
I thought Warwick wasn't an LNAT university.

http://www.lnat.ac.uk/what-is-lnat/do-i-need-to-sit-the-test/

Yeah I wasn't sure if they did, that's why I said it depends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending