The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YeloSweetPotato
Does anyone applying to Cambridge CGC know whether we have to put down the UCAS Apply or UCAS Track reference number? So confusing that they give us two reference numbers.

Hey! I applied and I used the Track reference number. As others have mentioned, I think this is the number we should use for all/any communications with the universities once our applications are submitted. Hope this helps! :smile:
Original post by sampowell92
It is the one on Track, it says it on the Pearson Vue website

I don't suppose you know what needs to happen if you entered the PID on your UCAS form before you sent it, do you? I stupidly entered it before and now my Track one is different - I've changed it on the Pearson Vue website, will that be enough do you think?
Original post by LilithSternin
I don't suppose you know what needs to happen if you entered the PID on your UCAS form before you sent it, do you? I stupidly entered it before and now my Track one is different - I've changed it on the Pearson Vue website, will that be enough do you think?

I don't think Pearson Vue send off the UKCAT scores until after the deadline so it shouldn't matter.

I put in the wrong PID to start with and then changed it to my track one, hopefully it should be fine
Original post by nature_elf
Hey! I applied and I used the Track reference number. As others have mentioned, I think this is the number we should use for all/any communications with the universities once our applications are submitted. Hope this helps! :smile:

Thanks, just amended it. Best of luck to you! :smile:
Original post by sampowell92
I don't think Pearson Vue send off the UKCAT scores until after the deadline so it shouldn't matter.

I put in the wrong PID to start with and then changed it to my track one, hopefully it should be fine

Thank you! I'm a worrier :redface:
How long did it take for people to receive their Track email after submitting? I sent off my application and got the confirmation email but not the track one.
Reply 2806
does anyone know if the order in which you apply to the Unis on UCAS plays a part? As in will the 1st choice be considered the one you want the most or are all 4 considered equally?
Original post by Lxh524
does anyone know if the order in which you apply to the Unis on UCAS plays a part? As in will the 1st choice be considered the one you want the most or are all 4 considered equally?

All equal. Order is irrelevant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lxh524

It doesn't matter, all are considered equally.
Reply 2809
Original post by JenniB22
Newcastle and Southampton are both pretty risky with that UKCAT score I'm afraid. They both use only UKCAT as a determinant of interview, so the cut off tends to be pretty high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Clunkles
I think you'd have a better shot at Barts and Kings than Newcastle or Southampton, as Kings choose their interviews out of the top 25%, and Barts are 50:50 UKCAT/degree. Oh also, Kings are only taking science grads this year so might drop their cutoff slightly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This has helped me confirm my choices. Thank you for your replies! Also I'm kind of glad to not be applying so far north or south haha.
So Bart's seem to have updated their process for selecting applicants for the 5 year course:

"Graduates who apply for the five-year programmes and four-year GEP programme who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked against the other graduate applicants applying in that year according to 50:50 weighting applied to the UKCAT score and academic ability as measured using a points weighting of degree classification or postgraduate degrees"

Now i don't know if it is because i have been at work all day but I don't really understand this. Are they saying that the decisions is 50% UKCAT and 50% what degree classification you got i.e 2:1 is weighted more than a 2:2? Or will they look at your degree percentage? Also if you just apply for the 5 year course will you be compared against those applying for the 4 year course as well?
Does anyone know if we need to put all our modules from our degrees on the UCAS form? I know there is space for them but is this more of an optional thing? Thanks.
Reply 2812
Original post by chrisjp92
So Bart's seem to have updated their process for selecting applicants for the 5 year course:

"Graduates who apply for the five-year programmes and four-year GEP programme who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked against the other graduate applicants applying in that year according to 50:50 weighting applied to the UKCAT score and academic ability as measured using a points weighting of degree classification or postgraduate degrees"

Now i don't know if it is because i have been at work all day but I don't really understand this. Are they saying that the decisions is 50% UKCAT and 50% what degree classification you got i.e 2:1 is weighted more than a 2:2? Or will they look at your degree percentage? Also if you just apply for the 5 year course will you be compared against those applying for the 4 year course as well?

yes thats how it would work, and if you have an MSc or a PHD you score more points. how was your ukcat? Mine was terrible 650, but I do have an MSc from Oxford, im hoping it will compensate for my **** ukcat.
Also, this is my profile. What do you think my chances are for Warwick?

A Levels: AAB in Spanish, French and Politics, and Chemistry AS Level pending
Degree: 1st in Anthropology with Spanish, Portuguese and Distinction in Spoken Portuguese.
UKCAT: 735 + Band 1
Experience: One week's shadowing in theatres, intensive care and outpatients, 2 years working in health research and a new job as an HCA on a neuroscience ward.

Thanks.
Original post by Testmed
How long did it take for people to receive their Track email after submitting? I sent off my application and got the confirmation email but not the track one.

Mine took about 45 minutes, has it arrived yet?
Original post by sk88
yes thats how it would work, and if you have an MSc or a PHD you score more points. how was your ukcat? Mine was terrible 650, but I do have an MSc from Oxford, im hoping it will compensate for my **** ukcat.

This is a weird one, comparing 5-year applicants with 4-year applicants. This would make sense if interviewed A101 are automatically considered for the A100 programme (like at King's), but as far as I'm aware, at Barts they won't be!
Reply 2816
Original post by ah639
This is a weird one, comparing 5-year applicants with 4-year applicants. This would make sense if interviewed A101 are automatically considered for the A100 programme (like at King's), but as far as I'm aware, at Barts they won't be!

haha barts is the one I am stuck on! I dont think I will apply there.
Original post by sk88
haha barts is the one I am stuck on! I dont think I will apply there.

I think I'll still go for it and hope my UKCAT will compensate for my 2.i. Were you planning to go 5-year too?
Reply 2818
Original post by ah639
I think I'll still go for it and hope my UKCAT will compensate for my 2.i. Were you planning to go 5-year too?

yep yep but i have a crap ukcat and hope that my MSc will compnsate for it. how was ur ukcat?
Original post by sk88

I got 685 in the UKCAT, I only got a 2:1 in my BSc so I'm hoping that will be enough!

Quick Reply