The Student Room Group

completely exhausted

I cannot move I am SO tired and I have been for the past few weeks. No energy to get up AT ALL. I come home and fall asleep straight away, I cannot stay up. I can't drag myself out of bed early either and constantly feel so weak all day. Don't feel like eating, sleeping a lot, getting loads of headaches and would have moments where I get so hot and start sweating so much, but then I get super cold and start shivering. I'm not sick, no runny/ blocked nose, no fever etc. nothing like that. I feel like I don't care about anything anymore, and I'm falling behind with A levels and feeling really slow and not understanding anything and stuff but I physically CAN'T do anything! All day at school I feel like I could sleep at any minute if you gave me the chance.

I just feel like all the energy has been sucked out of me and I just CANNOT do anything. Like I've got coursework due for tomorrow and right now I can barely keep my eyes open and just feel so sleepy.

What's happening to me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anybody?
You should see your GP. He/she will tell you to get a blood test done.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I cannot move I am SO tired and I have been for the past few weeks. No energy to get up AT ALL. I come home and fall asleep straight away, I cannot stay up. I can't drag myself out of bed early either and constantly feel so weak all day. Don't feel like eating, sleeping a lot, getting loads of headaches and would have moments where I get so hot and start sweating so much, but then I get super cold and start shivering. I'm not sick, no runny/ blocked nose, no fever etc. nothing like that. I feel like I don't care about anything anymore, and I'm falling behind with A levels and feeling really slow and not understanding anything and stuff but I physically CAN'T do anything! All day at school I feel like I could sleep at any minute if you gave me the chance.

I just feel like all the energy has been sucked out of me and I just CANNOT do anything. Like I've got coursework due for tomorrow and right now I can barely keep my eyes open and just feel so sleepy.

What's happening to me?

I'm no medical student by any means but it sounds to me like you have Influenza (Flu) NOT a Cold virus. Not everyone with Flu gets all the symptoms but you sound like you have some.
Reply 4
Original post by AnonymousForLife
You should see your GP. He/she will tell you to get a blood test done.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh gosh needles! :eek3: :cry2:
Reply 5
hmm but i don't feel sick at all! just weak and really tired.
I was like that, would come home shattered and would fall asleep for ages. Mom took me to the doctors and I got a blood test: turns out i am anaemic. Got given iron tablets and felt better (when i take them, I always forget:s-smilie:) But yeah, go down to your doctors, you may just be low on iron.
I need to go to the doctors myself, this happens to me, as a matter of fact I feel like this right now :frown: SOOOO tired. But I have to push through my work because it needs to be done, I would rather sleep. But I know I'm anaemic, I was given iron tablets 2 years ago and I never took them, I have gotten worse since then :redface:

Anyway go to the doctors and get a blood test! That will help you out :smile: (and me :colondollar: )
hmm but i don't feel sick at all! just weak and really tired.

Like I said, not everyone with Flu gets all the symptoms and according to NHS being sick is more common in children, not adults. You probably have Flu, bet you £50 :smile:

Symptom checklist:

[*]A 100oF or higher fever or feeling feverish (not everyone with the flu has a fever)
[*]A cough and/or sore throat.
[*]A runny or stuffy nose.
[*]Headaches and/or body aches.
[*]Chills.
[*]Fatigue.
[*]Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (most common in children)
Reply 9
Original post by chantalc
I was like that, would come home shattered and would fall asleep for ages. Mom took me to the doctors and I got a blood test: turns out i am anaemic. Got given iron tablets and felt better (when i take them, I always forget:s-smilie:) But yeah, go down to your doctors, you may just be low on iron.

okay i'll try that then... thanks!

was wondering for a quick fix like - idk

drink a magic potion or something haha
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I need to go to the doctors myself, this happens to me, as a matter of fact I feel like this right now :frown: SOOOO tired. But I have to push through my work because it needs to be done, I would rather sleep. But I know I'm anaemic, I was given iron tablets 2 years ago and I never took them, I have gotten worse since then :redface:

Anyway go to the doctors and get a blood test! That will help you out :smile: (and me :colondollar: )

haha yeah well my iron levels have always been normal, i've always been vitamin D deficient though and i never take the pills (oops)

we'll do it together :biggrin:
okay i'll try that then... thanks!

was wondering for a quick fix like - idk

drink a magic potion or something haha

Yeah, that may be the case. I haven't taken my tablets in years and I am shattered at the moment, its so stupid I don't take them but you reminded me to take them aha
Reply 12
Then again, when I was doing my first aid training it seemed like most things have flu-like symptoms:tongue:
I tick... 4 of those boxes

okay maybe haha - i'll take you up on that bet lol :tongue:

i'll go doctor's and check it out, thanks :smile:
Original post by chantalc
Yeah, that may be the case. I haven't taken my tablets in years and I am shattered at the moment, its so stupid I don't take them but you reminded me to take them aha

haha well i'm glad i did that - go take your tablets! :tongue:
Original post by Andy98
Then again, when I was doing my first aid training it seemed like most things have flu-like symptoms:tongue:

haha maybe it's some new sleepy bug :tongue:
haha well i'm glad i did that - go take your tablets! :tongue:

cheers aha
haha yeah well my iron levels have always been normal, i've always been vitamin D deficient though and i never take the pills (oops)

we'll do it together :biggrin:

I just HATE taking tablets :redface: yeah and vitamin D as well, but that's probably I because i never go outside in the sun (it burnnnsss....:biggrin: ) and sit with my curtains closed all day :tongue:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I just HATE taking tablets :redface: yeah and vitamin D as well, but that's probably I because i never go outside in the sun (it burnnnsss....:biggrin: ) and sit with my curtains closed all day :tongue:

Are a vampire? S*** I'm ginger and I probably get more sun than you :L
I tick... 4 of those boxes

okay maybe haha - i'll take you up on that bet lol :tongue:

i'll go doctor's and check it out, thanks :smile:

There are no doctors on TSR so I think that would be wise; if its just come on suddenly I don't think it will be anaemia but I've been wrong before :wink: Hope you get better anyway OP :smile: :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest