The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2840
Original post by DoeADeer
King's and Barts for both their 4 and 5 year courses.

I thought kings automatically considered you for the 5 year if you apply for the 4?
Original post by kj0511
I thought kings automatically considered you for the 5 year if you apply for the 4?

I'm pretty sure it's if you don't get a place after interview and they still think you're good enough, they'll offer you a place on the 5 year course. So, no, not automatically considered for it.

Good luck. :smile: Sorry, I don't know anything more than last year's threads can reveal about either of those. However, I believe you are correct about the way KIng's select, so if you are keen on going there, applying to both 4 and 5 year courses is a wise move. (Assuming you have access to loads of money!?)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by windnamer27
Appplying for four 5 yr courses.....

Sheffield
Bristol
Manchester
Nottingham

ukcat 682.5

Anyone think any of these are a terrible idea? I don't yet know how I'm going to fund myself.

The terrible idea is applying to 5 year courses and not knowing how you will fund it.
Original post by liam__
The terrible idea is applying to 5 year courses and not knowing how you will fund it.

Agreed!!
Finally sent off my UCAS form! Relief. But that will probably turn to worry in a few weeks :colondollar:

Just wondering do you know the minimum UKCAT score of graduates accepted into the 5 year course at Kings last year?
Original post by neuronerd
Agreed!!

Practice!
Ohhh the confirmation emails are coming through–excited but nervous at the same time!
Original post by PkT1991
Ohhh the confirmation emails are coming through–excited but nervous at the same time!

Haha, yes, me too. I've already logged in to my profile with Kings and checked every possible page haha.
Original post by Alexdaman93
Haha, yes, me too. I've already logged in to my profile with Kings and checked every possible page haha.

Is this King's 4 year? I haven't had an email from them yet.
Original post by lcsurfer
More than likely yes... I worked full time in my UG and also working 15hrs a week during medical school. It's do-able and plenty of students work term time and in holidays

I do have a part time job and work alongside studying, I was just unsure whether they meant 4 consecutive months full time.
Original post by LilithSternin

I've got all the confirmation emails except from KCL. So they might be delayed as per usual with their oversubscribed places :tongue:
Original post by LilithSternin

Yes. It came through late last night. Also had an email from Southampton, but nothing from Warwick or Cambridge.
I've not had anything from Newcastle and I applied on September 16th :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexdaman93
Yes. It came through late last night. Also had an email from Southampton, but nothing from Warwick or Cambridge.

I got a confirmation email from Cambridge yesterday (I submitted my application on the 10th) :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, are we able to put more than one reference on our UCAS application? I just had my first reference submit, but it looks like the system will only take the on reference?
Original post by Matth78
Hey guys, are we able to put more than one reference on our UCAS application? I just had my first reference submit, but it looks like the system will only take the on reference?

Yes you can only have one reference on UCAS, if a university wants another they will have a form or something for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2858
Is it acceptable to not leave lines between paragraphs in the personal statement? Otherwise I'm 4 lines over. How it's arranged it's obvious they are seperate paragraphs.
Original post by chjw51
Is it acceptable to not leave lines between paragraphs in the personal statement? Otherwise I'm 4 lines over. How it's arranged it's obvious they are seperate paragraphs.

Yeah most people don't put lines between paragraphs, space is tight enough as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending