The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right. What's the Klopp song going to be, then?
Reply 1061
Original post by Mackay
Right. What's the Klopp song going to be, then?

To the tune of http://t.co/LrGg7zAGld
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/12/jurgen-klopp-first-training-session-liverpool-tottenham-hotspur

The new Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has arrived at Melwood to take charge of his first training session.

The two-times Bundesliga winner was unveiled on Friday and spent Saturday at the club’s academy watching the youth teams play.

However, Klopp will finally get to work with some of his first-team squad, including Daniel Sturridge, Alberto Moreno, Lucas Leiva, Kolo Toure and José Enrique.

With a number of injured players missing out on the international fixtures, the 48-year-old German will also spend time with the club captain Jordan Henderson, Philippe Coutinho, Dejan Lovren, Roberto Firmino and Christian Benteke.

Liverpool travel to Tottenham Hotspur this weekend for the Saturday lunchtime clash at White Hart Lane, Klopp’s first taste of Premier League action.

Nice to see that he won't neglect the youth team.
Original post by Alex5133
He clearly seems to know what he's doing with this club, which should come as no surprise :tongue:
Little nervous that he'll have so little time to prepare before Spurs so i don't think it's the end of the world if we don't get a result (even though we always seem to....)

Do you think he'd be ballsy enough to change the club captain?

It's nice to see him immersing himself in all parts of the club and the city. To be fair to Rodgers, he did the same thing with the youth side (as did Kenny). Not sure if Hodgson did or not though.

I think Klopp is going to try and give a fair chance to everyone and not change too much straight away. Had he joined in the summer before pre-season, maybe we would've seen some players shifted straight away and change in captain etc but his hands are tied to a degree until next summer (I don't expect much from Jan transfer window) so it makes no sense to upset players straight away.

I don't have an issue with Henderson being captain tbh. Not sure who else it could be from a pool of Henderson, Milner, Sakho and Lucas? The latter isn't first choice so I think that rules him out though.
I’ve been to some places in the world with football, but this was the most special place I’d been. Borussia Dortmund’s stadium Signal Iduna Park is a great stadium and I had another perfect little, little stadium with Mainz 05, but this [Anfield] is the most historic place.
He clearly seems to know what he's doing with this club, which should come as no surprise :tongue:
Little nervous that he'll have so little time to prepare before Spurs so i don't think it's the end of the world if we don't get a result (even though we always seem to....)

Do you think he'd be ballsy enough to change the club captain?

Who is there to change it to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am sure the Liverpool fans have so much problems to emphasize the umlaut in Klopp's first name. Oh man, that might be so funny to listen. :biggrin:
Personally I'd say Sakho but it really does depend on how Klopp sees the squad he has inherited.
Perhaps he doesn't rate Henderson, perhaps like Rodgers he doesn't rate Sakho (although he'd be a fool not to).

I think he mentioned something about the importance of having a strong back line and building forward from there so maybe he sees his defensive players as the leaders? In any case, I'm really interested to see how he sets the team up against Spurs.

Is this thread always as dead as this or is it just because of international break?

International break and Lucio got banned (who usually spams the thread).

Other than the Klopp excitement there isn't a huge amount to discuss which isn't based on a lot of maybes.

Ugh at least it's only a few more days till real football is back.

Anyone else listen to The Anfield Wrap? The guys made an interest point - what do FSG do next if Klopp fails? They had Hodgson fail who is now England manager, a club legend in Kenny who had numerous success in the past, Rodgers who was meant to be an up and coming promising young manager. We're now at Klopp who is basically proven quality - if he fails surely we've tried most types of managers and then either we need to lower our expectation (to being like Spurs) or FSG need to invest a lot more money or FSG need to sell up to a more wealth owner?
Real shame to see Gomez limp off during the England Under-21s 3-0 victory over Kazakhstan at the Ricoh Arena last night.
Original post by Mackay
Real shame to see Gomez limp off during the England Under-21s 3-0 victory over Kazakhstan at the Ricoh Arena last night.

Well he still got 80 mins under his belt I think?

Not sure he would've started against Spurs considering Moreno's form lately. Also Moreno did not go away on international duty so Klopp would've had a few more days with him.
Original post by Zerforax
Well he still got 80 mins under his belt I think?

Not sure he would've started against Spurs considering Moreno's form lately. Also Moreno did not go away on international duty so Klopp would've had a few more days with him.

Yeah, but he didn't seem right when he left the pitch. He was moving exceptionally gingerly.

He wouldn't have started, no, but I hope it's just a knock because I have a feeling he's exactly the type of player who could thrive learning from Klopp. He and Ibe are so young, and having a world-class manager leading them would really help their growth.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah, but he didn't seem right when he left the pitch. He was moving exceptionally gingerly.

He wouldn't have started, no, but I hope it's just a knock because I have a feeling he's exactly the type of player who could thrive learning from Klopp. He and Ibe are so young, and having a world-class manager leading them would really help their growth.

Ah didn't sound too serious when I scanned the papers this morning. Guess we won't know for a day or two properly.

At least we play early on Saturday which means the wait isn't too long for some real football!
Original post by Zerforax
Ah didn't sound too serious when I scanned the papers this morning. Guess we won't know for a day or two properly.

At least we play early on Saturday which means the wait isn't too long for some real football!

Waiting over a week since Klopp's appointment to see him in action was torture.
Original post by Mackay
Waiting over a week since Klopp's appointment to see him in action was torture.

Yea :colondollar: I guess it was sensible to give him a little more time to adjust and in case they couldn't sort all for formalities as quickly as they did.

I really want to see what kind of team he puts out on Saturday. We should have another press conference on Thursday?
Alex 5133 is definitely Luke lol
What happened to Luke's old account? Is he banned?
Original post by Mackay
What happened to Luke's old account? Is he banned?

Apparently got banned from football forum.
Why was he banned in the first place? Probably trolling the Arsenal thread but Shed end has been doing that for ages yet never got touched.
Original post by samir12
Why was he banned in the first place? Probably trolling the Arsenal thread but Shed end has been doing that for ages yet never got touched.

insulting the mods
Jurgen Klopp’s new assistant manager Zeljko Buvac will be involved in his first Liverpool training session later today having been granted a UK work permit.

The 54-year-old Bosnian will be involved in his first session from 4pm at Liverpool’s Melwood training ground and is now free to take his place alongside Klopp for the match at Spurs on Saturday.

Belgium striker Christian Benteke has still not returned to full training and is therefore considered a major doubt for Klopp’s first game in charge.

The £32m striker has been out with a hamstring problem, having limped out of the draw with Norwich on September 20.

There is still no time-frame for his return.

Latest