The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
The deadline is tomorrow, so you're leaving it quite late! :headfire: Yes, for medicine you definitely need relevant work experience :yes:

Can i lie about work experience
Original post by MusabHasan
Can i lie about work experience

No

Posted from TSR Mobile

what should i do!!!!!!
what should i do!!!!!!

Re-apply next year, or just stick with another university. You've left it way too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something about @musabhasan smells fishy....
Its too late - I have applied

Mate, did you even have a reference?

Say hello to the auto-rej pile lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Medicine is a really competitive course. We had our Head Boy last year apply to Medicine and his application was really good, 44 points as well and he got rejected from all of the UK universities he had applied to for a Medicine course (although he's now in Harvard so he didn't lose out in the end). So honestly, either you've really messed up your chances or you're fooling around on here and tricking us all.
(edited 8 years ago)
If I'm applying for four universities, do I have to pay 23 pounds or more?
And is Visa Credit card acceptable? :biggrin:
Original post by Nancy97

Yes and yes
Original post by setarcoppiH
Something about @musabhasan smells fishy....

Good Lord. musabhasan's replies gave me bad vibes :confused:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nancy97

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, @not you. :biggrin:
@Princepieman , are you an Oxford student? :biggrin:
Reply 3173
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Same criteria as before: applied to Brasenose, took GCSEs, invited to interview. Note that Engineering attracts some international applicants who do not have GCSEs so this is not a complete listing of interview candidates.

9A*-1A 9A*-1A 7A*-3A-1B 3A*-6A-1B 4A*-2B 3A*-2C 8A*-3A-2B 10A* 10A*-1A-1B 3A*-1A-2B 9A*-1A 11A*-1A 9A*-2A 11A* 8A*-2A 10A*-1A 8A*-2A 8A*-2A-1B 9A*-1A 7A*-2A 6A*-2A-1B

Hi! Has one been done for Law?
Original post by Nancy97
Thanks, @not you. :biggrin:
@Princepieman , are you an Oxford student? :biggrin:

LOOL, I wish! I've just gone through this whole uni process before.

The MAT and interview shall determine whether I will be one or not.
Original post by Princepieman
LOOL, I wish! I've just gone through this whole uni process before.

The MAT and interview shall determine whether I will be one or not.

Oh, I understand. It seemed to me like you were a student, you're very knowledgeable about this. :biggrin:
Well, if you didn't succeed before, maybe you will this year!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :biggrin:
At least you have greater chances than me, this is my first time ever to apply to any university, and to talk about UK universities. I'm pessimistic about this, hahahha. XD
Original post by Nancy97
Oh, I understand. It seemed to me like you were a student, you're very knowledgeable about this. :biggrin:
Well, if you didn't succeed before, maybe you will this year!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :biggrin:
At least you have greater chances than me, this is my first time ever to apply to any university, and to talk about UK universities. I'm pessimistic about this, hahahha. XD

Thanks!! :biggrin: Yeah, I spend a lot of time reading up on things I don't understand because not knowing the answer to things is pretty scary. haha

Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine! :h: The process really isn't that difficult, and if you are applying to Oxford you must definitely will be getting offers from other universities.
Thanks!! :biggrin: Yeah, I spend a lot of time reading up on things I don't understand because not knowing the answer to things is pretty scary. haha

Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine! :h: The process really isn't that difficult, and if you are applying to Oxford you must definitely will be getting offers from other universities.

You could write a book about everything you know of this!! :O I think that you will be successful this year since you are very experienced with uni applications and processes, but I think we sometimes need a little bit of luck as well, not just knowledge, qualifications and money. What are you applying for?
Yes, I am, I have been obsessed with Oxford since I was 12, but I also applied for 3 more, so I'm hoping for the best. Although I'm sure Oxford will reject me, but nevermind.
I'm too curious about this, can anyone answer this, please: if a student gets an offer from Oxford or any other UK university, when is the student supposed to pay for the first year (what month)?
Original post by Nancy97
You could write a book about everything you know of this!! :O I think that you will be successful this year since you are very experienced with uni applications and processes, but I think we sometimes need a little bit of luck as well, not just knowledge, qualifications and money. What are you applying for?
Yes, I am, I have been obsessed with Oxford since I was 12, but I also applied for 3 more, so I'm hoping for the best. Although I'm sure Oxford will reject me, but nevermind.
I'm too curious about this, can anyone answer this, please: if a student gets an offer from Oxford or any other UK university, when is the student supposed to pay for the first year (what month)?

Never actually thought about that! It would be something I'd be very interested in writing about, might explore it a bit more during the summer holidays. Oooh, where else did you apply and for which subjects? Which college did you end up going for?

I've applied for Computer Science at Oxford and a mix of Maths and Computer Science and Data Science everywhere else.

They usually require it the month you start but, some universities have different payment arrangements whereby you could split the installments up.
Never actually thought about that! It would be something I'd be very interested in writing about, might explore it a bit more during the summer holidays. Oooh, where else did you apply and for which subjects? Which college did you end up going for?

I've applied for Computer Science at Oxford and a mix of Maths and Computer Science and Data Science everywhere else.

They usually require it the month you start but, some universities have different payment arrangements whereby you could split the installments up.

Y'know, I often give some unusual advices and ideas, and you are one of those people who have heard them. :biggrin: And then sell the books, which would result in earning money for further education, that would be nice, wouldn't it?
I've applied for Oxford, SOAS in London and Universities of Edinburgh and Manchester for Chinese studies. I've been learning since I was 15 in special language school, so I guess it's worth giving a try. :biggrin:
You actually sounded like a math geek, instincts are never wrong! That is really difficult and surely a competitive course, consider yourself brave to apply for this!
And thanks for the information!