The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

What about space after commas, full-stops?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
What about space after commas, full-stops?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely need to put a space after full stops and commas.
Admissions officers want to be able to easily read your ps, not be confronted by a wall of text.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chjw51
Is it acceptable to not leave lines between paragraphs in the personal statement? Otherwise I'm 4 lines over. How it's arranged it's obvious they are seperate paragraphs.

I had the same problem and ended up cutting text in order to have lines that would separate each paragraph.

It ended up looking and reading better too, but it sucks that I was unaware of the 47 line limit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Eeek, I've only heard from Bart's, nothing from Warwick, Newcastle or King's.
Just out of interest, has anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet? I have emails from my other choices (Cambridge and Bristol)...:smile:
Original post by ForestCat
You definitely need to put a space after full stops and commas.
Admissions officers want to be able to easily read your ps, not be confronted by a wall of text.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm meeting the line limit but not the character limit. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nature_elf
Just out of interest, has anyone had any confirmation from Birmingham yet? I have emails from my other choices (Cambridge and Bristol)...:smile:

I haven't yet so you're not the only one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, I'm meeting the line limit but not the character limit. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use shorter synonyms or cut some words out?
Anyone know when we are likely to hear about interview offers?
Near the end of November, most likely :smile:.
Original post by Richardjamesford
Anyone know when we are likely to hear about interview offers?

Depends where you apply really, just make a note of when the interviews are for the places you applied to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think admissions tutors will be sympathetic to not leaving lines between paragraphs - they're well aware of the 47 line / 4000 character limit.
Finally submitted! Managed to bite the bullet and make a decision about my choices (oh and also finally get my referee to do my reference). Weirdly, my UCAS PID did not change from before, which I can only assume is because the first time I went through UCAS was more than a decade ago... so they had no original number to change it back to.

I've gone for:

Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
St George's.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by NHSFan
Good luck. :smile: Sorry, I don't know anything more than last year's threads can reveal about either of those. However, I believe you are correct about the way KIng's select, so if you are keen on going there, applying to both 4 and 5 year courses is a wise move. (Assuming you have access to loads of money!?)

Thank you, I need the luck! Good luck to you too!! :smile:
Does your UCAS personal id change straight away after submitting your UCAS or upon receipt of the welcome letter?! Just submitted and my pid has stayed the same as before, is this the one I give to UKCAT?
Original post by GraduateMedLyf
Does your UCAS personal id change straight away after submitting your UCAS or upon receipt of the welcome letter?! Just submitted and my pid has stayed the same as before, is this the one I give to UKCAT?

No it's the one you get with the welcome to UCAS track email. It confirms your email and personal ID

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not applying this year but I wish you all the best!!! Please post if any of you do get an offer! :biggrin:
Original post by kantayya
Finally submitted! Managed to bite the bullet and make a decision about my choices (oh and also finally get my referee to do my reference). Weirdly, my UCAS PID did not change from before, which I can only assume is because the first time I went through UCAS was more than a decade ago... so they had no original number to change it back to.

I've gone for:

Newcastle
Southampton
Nottingham
St George's.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations on submitting! I'm at George's for undergrad right now and it's amazing - good choice there! :smile:
Finally sent!

Have any other graduates gone for all 5 year courses?

I went for:

Southampton
KCL
Queen Mary
Leicester

Good luck everyone!

x
Reply 2879
Original post by coldhell
I'm not applying this year but I wish you all the best!!! Please post if any of you do get an offer! :biggrin:

Very selfless of you! Where you hoping to apply in subsequent years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending