The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anyone had an achknowledgement?

It's been two weeks since I sent my application and I haven't heard anything from Durham yet (I've had acknowledgements from all my others), just wondering if this is the case for everyone?

Scroll to see replies

Durham never sent me an acknowledgement last year. First thing I heard from them was my offer lol.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ILovePancakes
Durham never sent me an acknowledgement last year. First thing I heard from them was my offer lol.

I'm just worrying because on their website it says they should send you an email, but thanks :smile:
Reply 3

When did you hear?
Reply 4

OMG nevermind I literally just got my offer from durham like 5 mins ago!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Zechi

Nice :h: well done!
Original post by Zechi

!!! When did you apply? Do you mind me asking what the offer's for (as in the conditions and course and stuff)?? I'm absolutely bricking it and I'd love to just have one offer in the bag so I can relax a bit until I hear if I've got an Oxford interview or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by AithyTilly
!!! When did you apply? Do you mind me asking what the offer's for (as in the conditions and course and stuff)?? I'm absolutely bricking it and I'd love to just have one offer in the bag so I can relax a bit until I hear if I've got an Oxford interview or not...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied exactly a week ago. It's aa for chemistry and one other subject. I got an a* maths already so that is probably why there is only two requirement. Yeah I am absolutely buzzing right now and what course are you going for in Oxford?
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh what are you applying for? (I'm in such a oxford admissions test and interview constant panic...)
Reply 9
Original post by Zechi

What for??? I thought they waited till like January, well done!
Original post by Zechi
I applied exactly a week ago. It's aa for chemistry and one other subject. I got an a* maths already so that is probably why there is only two requirement. Yeah I am absolutely buzzing right now and what course are you going for in Oxford?

(Well done too, sorry I forgot to say that the first time hah) good luck! Sounds like you're well on track anyway. I'm applying for Archaeology and Anthropology at Oxford, same as at Durham.

I'll give myself another few days before I start getting really obsessive about checking my emails, then; my UCAS was only submitted on Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cakeislife
Ooh what are you applying for? (I'm in such a oxford admissions test and interview constant panic...)

Archaeology and Anthropology! There's no test for me, just some submitted pieces of writing, and of course the interview. I really really want to get into the interview and then I feel like I'll have a fighting chance. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Archaeology and Anthropology! There's no test for me, just some submitted pieces of writing, and of course the interview. I really really want to get into the interview and then I feel like I'll have a fighting chance. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

French :smile: Same, although I feel like everyone would kind of be in that situation :/ Best of luck anyway! Which college?
Original post by cakeislife
French :smile: Same, although I feel like everyone would kind of be in that situation :/ Best of luck anyway! Which college?

I've actually been surprised at all the people I've heard saying that the interview is the part they're dreading and most likely to mess up. I feel like it'll finally be a chance for me to actively demonstrate how passionate I am about the course material. And I'm applying to St John's :biggrin:
Archaeology and Anthropology!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, I'm applying for Archaeology and Ancient History, also to both Oxford and Durham!
Original post by somnacin
Ooh, I'm applying for Archaeology and Ancient History, also to both Oxford and Durham!

Classical Archaeology and Ancient History, right? I've got a friend who's doing that at Oxford, he's just started his first year and I'm already unspeakably jealous - he's been to a Classical Cocktails party, and I think soon he's going to some "Light Night" at the Pitt-Rivers soon. I hope we both get in :smile:
Classical Archaeology and Ancient History, right? I've got a friend who's doing that at Oxford, he's just started his first year and I'm already unspeakably jealous - he's been to a Classical Cocktails party, and I think soon he's going to some "Light Night" at the Pitt-Rivers soon. I hope we both get in :smile:

Most certainly! :smile: I suppose all we can do is to sit and obsessively refresh our email every five seconds (that's what I've been doing - even though I know the interview invitations would never be sent out so early).

Which other universities are you applying to?
Original post by somnacin
Most certainly! :smile: I suppose all we can do is to sit and obsessively refresh our email every five seconds (that's what I've been doing - even though I know the interview invitations would never be sent out so early).

Which other universities are you applying to?

Ugh, me too. I'm applying to quite a spread - Exeter, Durham, SOAS and UEA. I'm hearing of people getting offers from Durham already and I want one so I can relax a bit 😩 Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ugh, me too. I'm applying to quite a spread - Exeter, Durham, SOAS and UEA. I'm hearing of people getting offers from Durham already and I want one so I can relax a bit 😩 Where else are you applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest