The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You know it's peak when people are putting you into the same category of poster as Luke

RIP any credibility he thought he had
You guys need to be careful. Luke might take "shots fired" too literally and then we're all in trouble.
Great news that Klopp has his number two. I was reading that a work permit could slow down the process, but it is good to see that isn't the case.
Original post by Alex5133
I don't even know what's going on here...

Do we have an estimation on Benteke's injury by the way?
I think it's going to be really interesting to see how Klopp deals with both Benteke and Sturridge. I feel like we have a strong enough team to certainly get 5th this season, maybe higher if Chelsea continue to entertain us like this :biggrin:

He's insulting The Shed End :colondollar:

I think Benteke was originally expected to be back for the Spurs game but he still hasn't returned to full training. Guess that means it might take another week or potentially longer?

I feel bad for Benteke since he might not fit what Klopp wants to do. He's not exactly going to give a high press?

I think when we get to 1st Jan (having played half the season) we'll have a much clearer picture as to what our expectation can be for the 2nd half of the season. With Klopp at the helm, I haven't entirely given up on finishing top 4..
Original post by Alex5133
I don't even know what's going on here...

Original post by Zerforax
He's insulting The Shed End :colondollar:

Yeah it was more towards him, not that it changes anything lol
Joe Gomez could be out for the rest of the season due to knee ligament injury
Original post by mr tim
Joe Gomez could be out for the rest of the season due to knee ligament injury

Ugh that's incredibly frustrating, I was really happy with the performances he put in this season. Such a terrible shame and hopefully he's back sooner rather than later. :frown:
Gutted for Gomez :frown:
FFS.. need to stop sending our players on England international duty
Original post by The.Joker
Such a terrible shame and hopefully he's back sooner rather than later. :frown:

I'll pass this message onto him.
Original post by swirly

Thanks swarley
AR attempting to parr me off when he made a dupe called "Michu at the gay bar", got banned for calling a mod a "faggot" and telling them to "f*ck off" iirc and said he'd set his brother on anyone who got in his way.

Mods can't touch me cos i'm b0ss
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swirly

Thx bbz x

Anyways, I am so excited about our game vs Tottenham and seeing how Klopp sets the team up. Winning away with a clean sheet will be an absolute dream. In reality I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few teething problems since Klopp has had a limited time with the first team. Also of course it'll take a little while for him to suss out what the best tactics are for the team/impose his play style and likewise it'll take the players some time to adapt to what Klopp wants.

I honestly can't believe Klopp is our manager- I am ridiculously optimistic about the future!
And still got him rustled to this day about it ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
rustled = calling out a poverty bait?

k den
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Gutted for Gomez :frown:

Really hate the word gutted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Worrying that we only have Clyne, Moreno and Enrique covering two positions now. We have Can but he can be a liability at fullback.
Original post by samir12
Worrying that we only have Clyne, Moreno and Enrique covering two positions now. We have Can but he can be a liability at fullback.

He is as much of a liabilty as Gomez was tbh. I thought Gomez showed his mettle when he played against arsenal. He is far from ready.
Original post by DiceTheSlice
He is as much of a liabilty as Gomez was tbh. I thought Gomez showed his mettle when he played against arsenal. He is far from ready.

Gomez has generally looked fine bar a few cockups though. Can doesn't look comfortable at all in that fullback role imo, teams target him and have fun on his side. That being said, would rather have players playing in their natural position, maybe we will start seeing that more often under Klopp.
Original post by samir12

I always thought we went into the new season being short a fullback considering Enrique is a professional instagrammer rather than a footballer these days.

Not really anything we can do until January now other than promote another youngster.

Klopp press conference at 12.30!

Latest