The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Well done!! I should be sending mine off next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Radiotherapy and im from Birmingham. Does anyone know anything about student accommodation???
[QUOTE=WHAAAAAAT;59865501]Radiotherapy and im from Birmingham. Does anyone know anything about student accommodation???

All I know is that apparently Talybont South is where it's at🎉
I've checked a few accommodations and their quite pricey, cheapest way is by sharing a house but dont know who and how
[QUOTE=WHAAAAAAT;59866099]I've checked a few accommodations and their quite pricey, cheapest way is by sharing a house but dont know who and how

Cardiff accommodation is a lot cheaper than some of the other places I've looked at though, and I think it would be difficult to get a house if it's your first year, especially if you don't know anyone in the area yet😒
Anyone applying to do English Literature this year????
Just got an offer to study French and Economics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S01B97
Anyone applying to do English Literature this year????

I'm applying to do English Literature! Have just sent my application off now (so excited)! I am applying for deferred entry though :smile:
My application got sent off this morning, so excited! :tongue:
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
I'm applying to do English Literature! Have just sent my application off now (so excited)! I am applying for deferred entry though :smile:

Good luck!!! I'm on my gap year now, I received an unconditional two days ago so all the best!!!
Original post by S01B97
Good luck!!! I'm on my gap year now, I received an unconditional two days ago so all the best!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Is Cardiff your first choice? What are you doing for your gap year? Thank-you so much! :smile:
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Is Cardiff your first choice? What are you doing for your gap year? Thank-you so much! :smile:

I'm doing volunteer work at my local newspaper and widening my reading basically! And I'm tied between Cardiff, Exeter and UCL; but Cardiff looks very good! Is it your first choice? What drew you to the course in Cardiff?
I'm applying to Journalism and I'm from Italy :smile:
Original post by S01B97
I'm doing volunteer work at my local newspaper and widening my reading basically! And I'm tied between Cardiff, Exeter and UCL; but Cardiff looks very good! Is it your first choice? What drew you to the course in Cardiff?

Wow that sounds great! Cardiff isn't my first choice, I think Edinburgh probably is (if I get an offer!), Cardiff maybe my insurance. I've always loved Cardiff, and checked out the university because I loved the city. I am interested in the flexibilty of the first year courses, as I also want to study Archaeology but not many places offer it joint with English (Cardiff does though). I also met the head of English at the open day in July, and his inspiring talk really spoke to me (that was what made me realise I wanted to study English!).
I applied for physics with astronomy and I'm from Surrey :biggrin:
I sent off my application a few days ago to study Management and marketing (not heard anything back yet) but this is looking like my favourite other than Exeter and Loughborough.

Im from a small town in Gloucestershire :-)
Guys, I'm just in the middle of a personal statement break down. Does anyone know whether at Cardiff they are very strict about personal statement paragraphs or not? Because I really do a lot of things and they are all fundamental to mention since they're what makes me unique, so I can't leave any blank line between paragraphs...does this make any difference? I mean... Are they going to read it anyway? I tried to give an impression of paragraph division by starting a new line when focusing on a new topic, but I don't know if it's enough and there really isn't anything I can cut out. Does anyone know about any previous Cardiff applicant who didn't divide their PS with blank lines but still got an offer?

Another thing I am quite worried about is...which university do I pick as insurance? Cardiff's Media, Journalism and Culture is my firm choice, but I'm also going to apply to Cardiff's Journalism and Communication and Media and Communication because I really fell in love with both the university and the city and I want to get there so bad. Is it too risky to pick another Cardiff course as insurance, knowing that it has almost the same entry requirements as my firm choice? I already know that if I get an offer it will be conditional because my final exams results will be out in July, so I'm really concerned about it.
Thank you in advance for the help.

Sorry if something isn't clear, I'm from Italy and my English quite sucks, but I'm working on it :smile:
Sorry for posting it in this thread, but I need this specific information about Cardiff; I tried with older threads but they have already been closed
Reply 37
Original post by sbrizio1
Guys, I'm just in the middle of a personal statement break down. Does anyone know whether at Cardiff they are very strict about personal statement paragraphs or not? Because I really do a lot of things and they are all fundamental to mention since they're what makes me unique, so I can't leave any blank line between paragraphs...does this make any difference? I mean... Are they going to read it anyway? I tried to give an impression of paragraph division by starting a new line when focusing on a new topic, but I don't know if it's enough and there really isn't anything I can cut out. Does anyone know about any previous Cardiff applicant who didn't divide their PS with blank lines but still got an offer?

Another thing I am quite worried about is...which university do I pick as insurance? Cardiff's Media, Journalism and Culture is my firm choice, but I'm also going to apply to Cardiff's Journalism and Communication and Media and Communication because I really fell in love with both the university and the city and I want to get there so bad. Is it too risky to pick another Cardiff course as insurance, knowing that it has almost the same entry requirements as my firm choice? I already know that if I get an offer it will be conditional because my final exams results will be out in July, so I'm really concerned about it.

Sorry if something isn't clear, I'm from Italy and my English quite sucks, but I'm working on it :smile:
Sorry for posting it in this thread, but I need this specific information about Cardiff; I tried with older threads but they have already been closed

Paragraphs don't matter at all, don't worry!
Original post by sbrizio1

Don't bother with paragraphs the ucas code will strip it down into blocks of text, also don't use bold or italics as it just appears as normal text also.The people who read the statements know this so chill :smile: regarding the courses..well i guess it would depend on how many people apply to the course. If it's over saturated you might not get an offer, conversely if only a few apply you might get in:dontknow:
I've applied for Biomedical Engineering!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest