The Student Room Group

Shirley Society related help needed ASAP!

Is The Shirley Society open to all English students, or is it exclusively for St. Catharine's? Thanks for the replies!
Reply 1
Original post by Berbor
Is The Shirley Society open to all English students, or is it exclusively for St. Catharine's? Thanks for the replies!

Email them...

"The Shirley Society is Cambridge's oldest literary society and is based at St Catharine's College. We hold talks, poetry evenings and play readings, as well as weekly literary meetings known as 'The Union'. All welcome. Bring your own mug. We also run 'Volta', a creative writing magazine. Check our updates for the next submission date. For more information contact the co-presidents Eliot D'Silva ([email protected]) and Zeljka Marosevic ([email protected])"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by jneill
Email them...

"The Shirley Society is Cambridge's oldest literary society and is based at St Catharine's College. We hold talks, poetry evenings and play readings, as well as weekly literary meetings known as 'The Union'. All welcome. Bring your own mug. We also run 'Volta', a creative writing magazine. Check our updates for the next submission date. For more information contact the co-presidents Eliot D'Silva ([email protected]) and Zeljka Marosevic ([email protected])"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried, but the email addresses don't work. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by Berbor
I tried, but the email addresses don't work. :frown:

Ah they are from 2011 - they've probably left...

Maybe try the Catz JCR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
Ah they are from 2011 - they've probably left...

Maybe try the Catz JCR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, but I found out the answer since then: The Shirley Society is apparently open to all English students. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Berbor
I did, but I found out the answer since then: The Shirley Society is apparently open to all English students. :smile:

I got new info: still unsure about the subject, but the Catz JCR president wrote, that although he can't imagine someone interested being turned away, the Shirley Society is primarily aimed towards St. Catz students. Hope this helps someone interested in the same question!

If I have new info, I'll update.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending