The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Original post by Albert95
I've been waiting for him at uni since 10 and he finally appeared. He said he'll do it this afternoon so pheww and yeahh he knows the deadline is today. I just want to submit it and get it over with 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I read this I had a mini heart attack for you! Glad you got it sorted :smile:
Original post by Alexdaman93
Hurrah, a start date for my HCA job!

Does anyone have any idea when Cambridge tell you if you've got an interview? Just thinking about trying to get the days off (if it comes to it)
Does anyone know if having a Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry would put you at an advantage?
Not an advantage, but it does increase the amount of places you can apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexdaman93
Does anyone have any idea when Cambridge tell you if you've got an interview? Just thinking about trying to get the days off (if it comes to it)

Last year invitations went out on the 7th of November. Interviews were on the 25th/26th.
(edited 8 years ago)
Have a quick question....I did not do the UKCAT or GAMSAT this year. I am a graduate applicant with a 2.1 in Bio Med....which unis can I apply to? I will be doing the BMAT, but are there other unis that require no 'entrance exams'?
Original post by woodpeckr
Have a quick question....I did not do the UKCAT or GAMSAT this year. I am a graduate applicant with a 2.1 in Bio Med....which unis can I apply to? I will be doing the BMAT, but are there other unis that require no 'entrance exams'?

You do realise the deadline to apply is 6pm today? Cambridge, Birmingham and Bristol don't require entrance exams.
Original post by LilithSternin
You do realise the deadline to apply is 6pm today? Cambridge, Birmingham and Bristol don't require entrance exams.

I will not be applying to Cambridge as I will not get in. B'ham require UKCAT I just found out! Bristol is on my list.

And I know! I have left it a little late but I am sure I can submit on time! Now onto that pesky personal statement...

Are there any other unis I can apply to?
Good luck everyone in that last push - 2.5 hours to go!!
I will not be applying to Cambridge as I will not get in. B'ham require UKCAT I just found out! Bristol is on my list.

And I know! I have left it a little late but I am sure I can submit on time! Now onto that pesky personal statement...

Best of luck then! Don't forget that you need a reference all sorted to send it off. Hope you get sorted, all the best!

oxford, imperial. Both of them ar bmat
Original post by NHSFan
Last year invitations went out on the 7th of November. Interviews were on the 25th/26th.

do you know when they start sending interview invitations?
Is that the time..? Best start my PS then...
Finally sent off my ucas :smile: nothing left to do other than wait and hope for the best ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by macarenafc92
do you know when they start sending interview invitations?

No, I don't, but if they stick to the same sort of plan as last year then invites will go out on November 6th. Interviews are on the 24th/25th Nov and I presume people will get offers or rejections on December 1st. They only interview 70 for the 20 places, so it doesn't take long to make decisions.
Original post by macarenafc92
oxford, imperial. Both of them ar bmat

Bmat University are imperial ,Bristol, ucl,camberidge
Original post by KAmalraj10
Bmat University are imperial ,Bristol, ucl,camberidge

http://www.medsci.ox.ac.uk/study/medicine/pre-clinical/applying/graduates

oxford is bmat as well.... but the don't take nurses so, not for me
Original post by Albert95
Finally sent off my ucas :smile: nothing left to do other than wait and hope for the best ✌️

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember you from biomedical sciences threads three years ago, how the time has flown! Where are you applying? :smile:
hey guys, just applied, has anyone created a page for a101 southampton applicants?
Hello!

Just signed up today (hence the very original username) to facilitate the obsessing and worrying that is likely to occur over the next few months...

I'm a pharmacology graduate (graduated in 2013 with a low 2:1), who has just applied for all graduate courses (because I, quite frankly, don't **** money) at KCL, Barts, Southampton (last minute change from Newcastle- possibly an error?) and Warwick. My UKCAT score was 3020, band 1.

Have I done this introduction thing right? Was it even necessary?

Anyway, best of luck to everyone! Look forward to seeing how we all get on...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending