The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Well, I applied to King's too :biggrin:!

My Stats:

9A*s, 3As and an A in additional maths at GCSE.

AAAA at As level, predicted A*A*A* (maths, bio and chem - I dropped Geography lel [(not because I did badly but because I hated it xD)]

722.5 UKCAT average

I HOPE I GET AN OFFER LOL :biggrin: Good luck to everyone!!

you're pretty much guaranteed an interview man, those stats are really good!! where else you applying?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Kings was one of my choices as well:smile:
At GCSE I got 9A*, 2A and an A in additional maths FSMQ
I did AS Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish and got A A A A.
Have been predicted A* A* A for A2 in Bio, Chem and Spanish
UKCAT: 732.5 band 1
Now I gotta revise for the BMAT ahaha :L
Good luck with your applications everyone :biggrin:
Original post by Tuni530
she said with a score less than 710 your chances are extremely slim and she wouldnt bother applying

Hmm. So someone with 2830 has a slim chance. So someone who narrowly misses top 20% (9th decile) chances are narrowly slim. Despite the fact she has no idea of the ukcat scores of the applicants. So the cut off is gonna jump by 80 eventhough the tenth decile boundary has only jumped by 5. Interesting
Original post by Pineapplefridge
so according to you, I have just wasted an application:eek:

Ignore her/him. Attemptihg to use shock tactics is embarassing
Original post by Pineapplefridge
well I'm definitely more apprehensive than needs be now, but thanks.

I would just about die if someone commented and confirmed what they're saying:ahhhhh:

Applying for medicine is stressful enough without the erratic claims tbh
I am a student that wishes to apply to KCL Medicine and was wondering how the social life of an undergrad in medicine was like in London. I always hear that as a medical student you won't be able to have the social life of going out with friends or to be able to have my own free time. Is this true? Will I be pressured with too much study or work, or will I be able to enjoy my time as I study?
Original post by ss2525
you're pretty much guaranteed an interview man, those stats are really good!! where else you applying?

Thanks mah dood I sure hope so! I've also applied to Queen Mary's, Nottingham and Birmingham :biggrin:!

My back-up is Warwick who've offered me ABB for Biomed (but I would just reapply next year if it came to this which hopefully it won't lol)
Original post by Tuni530
Hey all, 2nd yr medic from kings here ^.^
just to let you all know about cutoffs, i spoke with admissions today and the lady heavily hinted :wink: that cutoff will NOT be below 710 for A100 this year.
Wish you all the best x

Um KCL say they don't have a cutoff but take everything into account? If they have do have a cutoff that's quite misleading?
Original post by nerdygeek101
Um KCL say they don't have a cutoff but take everything into account? If they have do have a cutoff that's quite misleading?

rate its just bs
Thanks mah dood I sure hope so! I've also applied to Queen Mary's, Nottingham and Birmingham :biggrin:!

My back-up is Warwick who've offered me ABB for Biomed (but I would just reapply next year if it came to this which hopefully it won't lol)

ahh nice whats your barts tariff?

MATE
We've applied to 3 of the same unis!! XD Birmingham, Nottingham and Kings :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by ss2525
ahh nice whats your barts tariff?

Thanks :biggrin:! Thing is, I honestly don't know how to work it out >.> Do you or anyone else know :biggrin:?

Original post by thechemistress
MATE
We've applied to 3 of the same unis!! XD Birmingham, Nottingham and Kings :biggrin: :biggrin:

OMD I'M SO SCREWED NOWWWW lol jk but I guess it's true what they say: great minds think alike :wink: EHHHHHHHHHH??? hahah :biggrin:!!!
Thanks :biggrin:! Thing is, I honestly don't know how to work it out >.> Do you or anyone else know :biggrin:?

OMD I'M SO SCREWED NOWWWW lol jk but I guess it's true what they say: great minds think alike :wink: EHHHHHHHHHH??? hahah :biggrin:!!!

haha, pls can you tell me your as, a2 pred, epq pred (if your doing one) and any music qualification grades that you may have and Ill calculate your tariff? :smile:
Whoever is going on about a cut off, and it being really high, isn't correct. I phoned a lady in Med undergrad dmissions at KCL a couple of days ago and she told me that this year, most successful applicants will have above 650 according to the deciles. This doesn't affect me either way as my UKCAT is 717.5, and even though I probably won't get an interview from Kings (weak stats) people should only make posts when they're 100% sure of what they're on about! :smile: otherwise they scare other applicants
Reply 54
Original post by arnoldschnitzel
Whoever is going on about a cut off, and it being really high, isn't correct. I phoned a lady in Med undergrad dmissions at KCL a couple of days ago and she told me that this year, most successful applicants will have above 650 according to the deciles. This doesn't affect me either way as my UKCAT is 717.5, and even though I probably won't get an interview from Kings (weak stats) people should only make posts when they're 100% sure of what they're on about! :smile: otherwise they scare other applicants

completely agree! what are your stats, if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by arnoldschnitzel

this>>>>>
Im in the same position as you, what are your other stats?
mine are gcse: 5A*5A3B
AS: AAAA
A2 pred A*A*A* A*in EPQ and A* in general studies lol
UKCAT: 702.5 avg b2

Apparently super alike looool, this is so weird XD Good luck with your application m8 :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by ss2525
haha, pls can you tell me your as, a2 pred, epq pred (if your doing one) and any music qualification grades that you may have and Ill calculate your tariff? :smile:

Okay :biggrin:!!

As - 4 As.
A2 predictions - 3A*s (I dropped Geography)
No EQP
Music qualifications - grade 5 in the Indian drums (that probably doesn't count tho xD)

Thanks!!
Apparently super alike looool, this is so weird XD Good luck with your application m8 :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Haha ikr xD Thank you Suzy; I wish you the best of luck too :biggrin: (Although something tells me you don't need luck m9 hahah)
MATE

Ive applied to these 3 unis too!! what is your 4th one??

Latest