The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Okay :biggrin:!!

As - 4 As.
A2 predictions - 3A*s (I dropped Geography)
No EQP
Music qualifications - grade 5 in the Indian drums (that probably doesn't count tho xD)

Thanks!!

your tariff is 3*140(for a* pred)=420+60(for a in 4th as)=480
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by nerdygeek101
Ive applied to these 3 unis too!! what is your 4th one??

Woahhh, really? LOL, this is so weird xD my fourth is Oxford :tongue: How about yours?

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Haha ikr xD Thank you Suzy; I wish you the best of luck too :biggrin: (Although something tells me you don't need luck m9 hahah)

Hahaha, thanks Don :wink: Now we just have to wait for interviews :O :O
Original post by thechemistress
Woahhh, really? LOL, this is so weird xD my fourth is Oxford :tongue: How about yours?

Manchester!

What are your stats! Just need to know the competition :wink:
Original post by ss2525
this>>>>>
Im in the same position as you, what are your other stats?
mine are gcse: 5A*5A3B
AS: AAAA
A2 pred A*A*A* A*in EPQ and A* in general studies lol
UKCAT: 702.5 avg b2

Your stats are really good, I'd be surprised if you didn't get an interview at the very least, you've smashed A levels so far.
My stats are 3A* 5A 5B GCSE, abbb AS (although coincidentally all Bs were over 235 UMS so my predictions are A*AAA), EPQ A* prediction, and UKCAT 717.5 band 2 - I know they're not great stats, but I really like the look of Kings so thought I should go with my heart and apply here even if an interview is unlikely :smile:
Original post by mario64
completely agree! what are your stats, if you dont mind me asking?

Thank you! See the post I just added to this thread, sorry I couldn't reply to both in one post, I'm on tsr mobile and couldn't figure out how :smile: how are your stats?
Original post by arnoldschnitzel
Your stats are really good, I'd be surprised if you didn't get an interview at the very least, you've smashed A levels so far.
My stats are 3A* 5A 5B GCSE, abbb AS (although coincidentally all Bs were over 235 UMS so my predictions are A*AAA), EPQ A* prediction, and UKCAT 717.5 band 2 - I know they're not great stats, but I really like the look of Kings so thought I should go with my heart and apply here even if an interview is unlikely :smile:

I think you are a strong competitor and you're underestimating yourself! Have same faith and I'm sure you will get an interview, where else you applying?
Reply 66
Thank you! See the post I just added to this thread, sorry I couldn't reply to both in one post, I'm on tsr mobile and couldn't figure out how :smile: how are your stats?

wow!! good job on ukcat. I managed to get 695 so thought I would give kings a shot!

um yeah GCSEs are 6a*s and 6a's

As are 4a's with a*a*a prediction (dropped physics)

im a bit worried that although my ukcat is above average etc, it is a below average ukcat for KCL? but then again they dont just look at ukcat hence my decision to apply there.

hope the application process goes swimmingly well for you :smile:
Original post by mario64
wow!! good job on ukcat. I managed to get 695 so thought I would give kings a shot!

im a bit worried that although my ukcat is above average etc, it is a below average ukcat for KCL? but then again they dont just look at ukcat hence my decision to apply there.

your ukcat is probaby above average for Kings, you have met the guideline score for interview for every year bar the year when the score was really inflated!!
Original post by ss2525
I think you are a strong competitor and you're underestimating yourself! Have same faith and I'm sure you will get an interview, where else you applying?

Thanks, I hope I'm wrong and surprise myself, I would love to go to Kings! I'm also applying to Barts, St. George's and Plymouth. How about you?
Thanks, I hope I'm wrong and surprise myself, I would love to go to Kings! I'm also applying to Barts, St. George's and Plymouth. How about you?

Im doing Barts, St georges and newcastle, think we've both got st georges interview in the bag though!
Original post by mario64

Thank you! Although tbh I didn't do well in any sections apart from QR (880) which brought it up, otherwise it'd have been much lower - and if the lady I spoke to was right and the guideline score is around 650 then you're absolutely fine, a candidate like you should expect an interview, especially with your other stats :smile:
Original post by ss2525
Im doing Barts, St georges and newcastle, think we've both got st georges interview in the bag though!

I don't want to tempt fate but I would have to agree with you! Is Kings your first choice? I can't decide whether I prefer Kings or Barts, I love them both..
I don't want to tempt fate but I would have to agree with you! Is Kings your first choice? I can't decide whether I prefer Kings or Barts, I love them both..

I say kings is my top just bcos it will be harder for me to get an interview as compared to barts but really I would be just as happy at either! They're both amazing med schools at the end of the day! do you know when they interview people?
Original post by thechemistress

Hahaha, thanks Don :wink: Now we just have to wait for interviews :O :O

Haha yeah we'll see how it goes :biggrin:!!
Original post by ss2525
I say kings is my top just bcos it will be harder for me to get an interview as compared to barts but really I would be just as happy at either! They're both amazing med schools at the end of the day! do you know when they interview people?

I agree with you, not gonna lie I will be over the moon with just one offer, regardless of where..the goal at the end of the day is to be a doctor :smile: I have no idea how they decide who to interview first/the order, but interview invites should start in around 4 weeks..how exciting!
Reply 75
Thank you! Although tbh I didn't do well in any sections apart from QR (880) which brought it up, otherwise it'd have been much lower - and if the lady I spoke to was right and the guideline score is around 650 then you're absolutely fine, a candidate like you should expect an interview, especially with your other stats :smile:

Thanks for the advice, it's so hard to gage how competitive we are as people on tsr are super strong applicants or are trolls....
Hopefully the admissions lady was correct!
I agree with you, not gonna lie I will be over the moon with just one offer, regardless of where..the goal at the end of the day is to be a doctor :smile: I have no idea how they decide who to interview first/the order, but interview invites should start in around 4 weeks..how exciting!

Exciting? Or scary haha...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys! I applied to King's, St. Andrew's, Imperial, and Barts. I want to know the decisions so badly but I guess we will have to wait haha. Btw, in the UCAS, Barts is listed as Queen Mary London (A100) right?
Reply 78
Hi everyone!
I'm an applicant from Ireland, my stats are as follows:
Irish Junior Cert: 9A's 1B (A stars and B stars don't exist)
Irish Leaving Cert: 5A1's 1A2 and 1B1 giving me a UCAS tariff of 598
Ukcat: 692.5 Band 1
I've applied to Barts, King's, Hull York and Exeter
Any ideas on where I'd be most likely to get interviews?
This evening I got an email from Kings saying they've received my application - the email also includes details about logging in to their portal, Kings Apply. Remember to check your junk mail guys!

Latest