The Student Room Group

I can't seem to get my crush alone and it's driving me crazy!

I have a group of friends that I hang out with socially around 2-3 times a week, mostly in the evenings and I have a crush on one of my guy friends. Every time for instance he offers to walk me to the tube station someone else jumps in and tags along it's so annoying :frown: Even like when we got outside the bar by ourselves someone then follows. I'm wanting to hint to him face to face that I would like to be more than friends (rather than through text or social media) but it is extremely hard to do around other people!

Does anyone have any tips for me?
Ask him on a date? Seriously, I don't remember when having courage went out of fashion.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a group of friends that I hang out with socially around 2-3 times a week, mostly in the evenings and I have a crush on one of my guy friends. Every time for instance he offers to walk me to the tube station someone else jumps in and tags along it's so annoying :frown: Even like when we got outside the bar by ourselves someone then follows. I'm wanting to hint to him face to face that I would like to be more than friends (rather than through text or social media) but it is extremely hard to do around other people!

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Lol I hate that when people unknowingly cockblock you.
Reply 3
Original post by Harvey Dent
Ask him on a date? Seriously, I don't remember when having courage went out of fashion.

Yes but how????? The whole point is there are always people buzzing around us and I am not going to ask him infront of them. How do I isolate him to ask the question in the first place?
Reply 4
Original post by Maggie_O
Lol I hate that when people unknowingly cockblock you.

To be honest I can't quite be sure it's unknowingly. I have a feeling one of the guys who does this on the regular has the hots for me and won't leave us alone :s-smilie:
To be honest I can't quite be sure it's unknowingly. I have a feeling one of the guys who does this on the regular has the hots for me and won't leave us alone :s-smilie:

Oh. Well then sometimes what I've done when I was younger anyway was conspire a plan with friends or his friends, to get the guy alone with me :wink: or it's happened to me as well like I'd be walking home and then my friend annoyingly gets up and leaves me or walks another route and I'm left with this boy :confused: One time one of my best friends leaves me with this guy who she knows I don't like and he follows me all the way home! So I just made him hold my stuff, Idk :s-smilie:

Anyway maybe let them know, hey I wanna talk to (whatever your crush's name is). Gimme some space.
Reply 6
Oh. Well then sometimes what I've done when I was younger anyway was conspire a plan with friends or his friends, to get the guy alone with me :wink: or it's happened to me as well like I'd be walking home and then my friend annoyingly gets up and leaves me or walks another route and I'm left with this boy :confused: One time one of my best friends leaves me with this guy who she knows I don't like and he follows me all the way home! So I just made him hold my stuff, Idk :s-smilie:

Anyway maybe let them know, hey I wanna talk to (whatever your crush's name is). Gimme some space.

That's actually a really good idea :smile: although I'm kind of scared that my friends will blab before the time is right. But yes if people try to to join us I just need to be honest and say, do you mind giving us a minute?
That's actually a really good idea :smile: although I'm kind of scared that my friends will blab before the time is right. But yes if people try to to join us I just need to be honest and say, do you mind giving us a minute?

Ooo that sounds like drama :colone:
Reply 8
Ooo that sounds like drama :colone:

Haha it will be if I don't get him alone soon... I'm going insane! :nooo:
Haha it will be if I don't get him alone soon... I'm going insane! :nooo:

Just...have your pitch prepared. It may only show up in rom coms where people practice calling their crush on the phone in the mirror. But...it can't hurt :colondollar:
Just...have your pitch prepared. It may only show up in rom coms where people practice calling their crush on the phone in the mirror. But...it can't hurt :colondollar:

That is another good idea I'm going to start rehearsing :smile:
Reply 11
so i have a crush on this guy and i cant seem to get him alone to confess that i have a crush on him.please can you help me.tysm.
That is another good idea I'm going to start rehearsing :smile:

Did you get with him in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending