The Student Room Group

Of Mice and Men

Hello,
I am not sure if it is worth retaking my English of Mice and Men controlled assessment. As we did all of our controlled assessments in Year 10 and I am now in Year 11 and we just got all of them back today. My English teacher told me that I should retake my of Mice and Men but I am not sure if it is a waste of time or not as I would have to self teach myself a brand new question, which would require a lot of time and effort, so I am not sure if it is worth it as I got 35/40 on it.

Thank you very much
niv123
Original post by niv123star
Hello,
I am not sure if it is worth retaking my English of Mice and Men controlled assessment. As we did all of our controlled assessments in Year 10 and I am now in Year 11 and we just got all of them back today. My English teacher told me that I should retake my of Mice and Men but I am not sure if it is a waste of time or not as I would have to self teach myself a brand new question, which would require a lot of time and effort, so I am not sure if it is worth it as I got 35/40 on it.

Thank you very much
niv123

Hi, well done with your results. I personally would choose to retake the controlled assessment because you don't know how well or bad you'll do in the exam. I think it's better to put the effort in and later know that even though you'll still try really hard, you've done everything you could. If you unfortunately miss a grade by a few marks, you'll be kicking yourself for not doing the retake. :smile:
Hello,

Thank you very much
niv123

Personally, I wouldn't. It depends how easy you're going to find getting a higher mark than 35/40. You'd be better off trying to make up the marks on your exam.
35/40 on it? That's nearly full marks, why the heck would you want to retake it?
Reply 4
I think I probably will retake it then and do all the prep work over half term. Thanks for the advice.
Reply 5
I wasn't originally going to but my teacher told me that I should after the lesson as most of the other people in my class got 39 or 40
I wasn't originally going to but my teacher told me that I should after the lesson as most of the other people in my class got 39 or 40

Good luck. I'm sure your hard work will prove beneficial and successful. :smile:
If your teacher seriously thinks that a 35/40 needs a resit, they need a reality check.

A 35/40 is at LEAST a high A, if not an A*. Your coursework is going to be marked against work from people all over the country, most of who might not even be in the 30s. Grade boundaries will change, and as long as you do well in your exams then you'll definitely come out with an A/A* overall! I'm an A2 English Student who got all A*s apart from 2 As on all my English GCSE coursework, and I got an A* in English Language and a high A in English Literature.

Obviously it's your choice, but I wouldn't bother tbh. You'd be better off spending your half work getting together revision notes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending