The Student Room Group

Thoughts on open relationships?

^ as the above states

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Tbh I think it's fine. You don't always want everything that a proper relationship will throw at you.
Whoever proposes an open relationship just wants to cheat without the repercussions 90% of the time
what is an open relationship? :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by Indeterminate
Tbh I think it's fine. You don't always want everything that a proper relationship will throw at you.

I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy

A relationship between two people with the agreement that they can sleep with other people. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

A relationship where both people basically allow the other to have sex with others
Not my cup of tea. I prefer committed relationships
Reply 8
Original post by Zuki
A relationship where both people basically allow the other to have sex with others

I got there first :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliemayxo
A relationship between two people with the agreement that they can sleep with other people. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Zuki

oh......why would anyone want that though? :s-smilie: thanks for explaining both of you :h:
Pointless. Open relationships are the most ludicrous excuses for a relationship.

But that's just my opinion; fully respect that other's may see them as okay and if both partners are up for it then whatever - that's their business and it's their lives.

A relationship that allows you to bang other people :-)
Reply 12
I got there first :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll win next time m8 :ahee:
Original post by Zuki
I'll win next time m8 :ahee:

We shall see

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't an open relationship also that while you can sleep with others, you can also form relationships with other people? I remember one of my friends had 4 girlfriends because he said they were all 'open relationships', or am I getting that confused with polyamory? :/
Original post by Danz123
Isn't an open relationship also that while you can sleep with others, you can also form relationships with other people? I remember one of my friends had 4 girlfriends because he said they were all 'open relationships', or am I getting that confused with polyamory. :/

Same thing I think. I don't see an issue with it. We all like to have variety.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Ideal for people with duckface avatars.
Original post by Simes
Ideal for people with duckface avatars.

Yeah true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not my cuppa. In the past I've had FWBs and not been at all bothered by the fact that they, and I, are sleeping with other people because I'm not emotionally attached to them; however, once I got to the point that I got romantically bonded to them (which for me takes a lot of time and means a lot) it'd turn my stomach to know they're having sex with someone else.
Same thing I think. I don't see an issue with it. We all like to have variety.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean I dunno. I'd think the other person doesn't like me enough to want to commit. If there are feelings involved wouldn't there be jealousy? And if there's no jealousy one would question whether they really had feelings for their partner tbh. I do respect that other people may want to have such relationships though.

Quick Reply

Latest