The Student Room Group

Applying for University - Don't know how high to aim?

I am applying for very competitive places on law courses in mainly Russell Group Unis. However I am worried that my profile will not be strong enough for an offer. My GCSE grades are A*A*AABBBC (went to a low performing school with low aspirations hence the little number of GCSEs), then at AS I achieved ABB. My personal statement is quite strong but I just wanted to know everyone's opinions really.
Reply 1
PS Im applying to Bristol Cardiff Exeter Swansea Liverpool
Reply 2
Go for it. Haven't got all uni offers memorised but try applying to one of two unis with offers AAA-AAB one with ABB and two insurance unis with offers BBB-BBC just in case the worst happens
Reply 3
Original post by Anthick
Go for it. Haven't got all uni offers memorised but try applying to one of two unis with offers AAA-AAB one with ABB and two insurance unis with offers BBB-BBC just in case the worst happens

Thank you! my offers range from AAA/A*AB to BBB, Im just really worried about not get offers really :/
Original post by CJamesM
Thank you! my offers range from AAA/A*AB to BBB, Im just really worried about not get offers really :/

Do you know what your predicted grades are? :smile:

(BTW I'm applying to Cardiff and Swansea too!)
Reply 5
Original post by emiloujess
Do you know what your predicted grades are? :smile:

(BTW I'm applying to Cardiff and Swansea too!)

Ive only had one of my my predicted grades which was A*, so I think ill either get predicted A*AA or A*AB.
You sound like a strong candidate to me!

People really underestimate themselves too much sometimes! :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
You sound like a strong candidate to me!

People really underestimate themselves too much sometimes! :wink:

Aww thank you!:smile: I don't know why i worry just do really hah

Quick Reply

Latest