The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Did i waste an application to Imperial?

Hi guys, sorry for the stereotypical question of are my grades good enough, however i applied to Imperial a week ago for Chemistry. I really like the course at Imperial, and i'd be upset if i didn't make the cut due to my GCSEs. My credentials are the following;

GCSEs: 8As, 4Bs (6th best in year)
AS: AAAAA, in double maths and triple science.
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*a in maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics and AFM respectively.

Would the clear improvement from GCSE to AS overlook my poor achievement at GCSE?

How much do Imperial consider GCSEs in the admissions process?

Any input is appreciated :tongue:
Original post by Joshthemathmo
Hi guys, sorry for the stereotypical question of are my grades good enough, however i applied to Imperial a week ago for Chemistry. I really like the course at Imperial, and i'd be upset if i didn't make the cut due to my GCSEs. My credentials are the following;

A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*a in maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics and AFM respectively.

Would the clear improvement from GCSE to AS overlook my poor achievement at GCSE?

My friend applied for Chem Eng at Imperial last year.
He had lower GCSEs than you and even 2 fewer A* predictions and still managed to get an offer.
So following that logic, you shouldn't be too bad off.
We'll just have to wait and see what the year brings :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
WTF no. I would be surprised if you don't get an offer, but then again it's also about your personal statement.

I recently finished a maths degree at imperial and my GCSES are similar to yours.

I'll be shocked if you don't get an offer tbh. Like properly, seriously shocked! :smile:
Original post by koolgurl14
WTF no. I would be surprised if you don't get an offer, but then again it's also about your personal statement.

Original post by Rickstahhh
My friend applied for Chem Eng at Imperial last year.
He had lower GCSEs than you and even 2 fewer A* predictions and still managed to get an offer.
So following that logic, you shouldn't be too bad off.
We'll just have to wait and see what the year brings :smile:

Thanks for the really fast replies! I have a tendency to overthink things :colondollar:
I was a bit intimidated by the connect page, which built up anxiety and inadequacy, mainly feelings of the latter. My school said i had a very low chance of an offer, which also contributed to my seemingly trivial question.

But thanks you for the kind words :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
My school said i had a very low chance of an offer, which also contributed to my seemingly trivial question.

Your school must be quite bad at handling university applications, then, because they're as wrong as they can be. :tongue: I mean, seriously, even without A*s, that isn't a bad set of GCSE grades.
Reply 6

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/chemistry-department/chemistry/

Of course your PS is also important, but it is quite clear that you are in with a good chance of an interview! Good luck! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Tbh your grades are so good that it's nasty......your time management skills must be crazy because maths, further maths and 3 sciences are just too good a combo
What you really came here for is to have people tell you how good your grades are and to boost your ego.

Yes, your grades are bloody good! You will get in no problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending