The Student Room Group

Moving out in summer

What do people tend to do in summer? Move all their belongings out of halls/private rented properties and go back into their parent's house or find somewhere to live temporarily until the start of term again? Because my parents have moved and now live quite far away and I wasn't sure if maybe it's possible to move into another student place early so that you're not having to move everything out and then back again?
People either go home, their lease of the flat starts early enough for them to more directly in, or are working/ travelling abroad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rikki95
What do people tend to do in summer? Move all their belongings out of halls/private rented properties and go back into their parent's house or find somewhere to live temporarily until the start of term again? Because my parents have moved and now live quite far away and I wasn't sure if maybe it's possible to move into another student place early so that you're not having to move everything out and then back again?

One of my housemates has a similar predicament, his parents are based in Asia for work. So he has nowhere to go during summer. Last year we rented a house that's tenancy was august 1st -august 31st, And our house this year has a tenancy of august 1st-june 30th. So there was some overlap for him to be able to stay in the city over summer. Though for next years house we're going to have to try to find a place that starts at the beginning of July and ask our landlord if we can wait an extra day to move out, as there would be nowhere for us to store our stuff.

If you look on room renting sites, there are plenty of short term tenancy's available. Some for as little as a month. So there are always options available, just so long as you're able to afford the rent during summer months.
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending