The Student Room Group

He texts and then doesn't reply

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TorpidPhil
Try texting back as soon as possible next time... If I text someone it is because I want to talk to them at that moment in time but not in such an intense manner than a call makes necessary. I don't want a response an hour later. Do you think I sit around twiddling my thumbs for an hour waiting for a response? No. I go do stuff.

I took about 5 minutes... hardly any time so what's that about
Original post by Anonymous
I took about 5 minutes... hardly any time so what's that about

Ok, well no idea in that instance. Guess he's just bored and casual conversation entertains him and so I assume he texts a million people when he texts you and they respond sooner and then catch his attention.
Original post by Hashim123
Humans that text or instant message in any shape or form, recieve a response a few seconds later, and then take the piss to respond to said need to be taken out the back and shot.

Bit far...
Bit far...

On the contrary; it's not far enough, and if I had the power, I'd follow up with a punishment beyond the grave. I find rapists more agreeable than these people.

Also, why would you go anonymous for that? :curious: :laugh:
Original post by Hashim123
On the contrary; it's not far enough, and if I had the power, I'd follow up with a punishment beyond the grave. I find rapists more agreeable than these people.

Also, why would you go anonymous for that? :curious: :laugh:

Incase I'm recognisable from my other posts!

Anyway it's so annoying and I don't know what to do
Incase I'm recognisable from my other posts!

Anyway it's so annoying and I don't know what to do

Oh right, just realised you're OP. :laugh:

Carry on.
I'd say you should move on, there are plenty of guys out there that know how to text back on time
People like that are the biggest douchebags. I'm the opposite of clingy, yet when someone texts me and then responds in two or three days claiming he'd been busy at least thrice, I don't bother with further conversation. Unless you're earning millions, you must have the time to keep responses in a polite timespan, otherwise **** off.

By the way, I know someone who bothered with replying every three weeks or so. I wasn't even asking anything so it's not like I was the one interested in the conversation.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Life_peer
People like that are the biggest douchebags. I'm the opposite of clingy, yet when someone texts me and then responds in two or three days claiming he'd been busy at least thrice, I don't bother with further conversation. Unless you're earning millions, you must have the time to keep responses in a polite timespan, otherwise **** off.

By the way, I know someone who bothered with replying every three weeks or so. I wasn't even asking anything so it's not like I was the one interested in the conversation.

Thankyou for the reply, he is definitely not worth the conversation. I will try to ignore next time it happens.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
I'd say you should move on, there are plenty of guys out there that know how to text back on time

I'll try too, thankyou
I'll try too, thankyou

Anyone else please?
Reply 31
This is simple, but requires personal experience and/or just empathy.
Chances are, he's bored, wants a convo, texts like 50 people hello or what's up to get convo started, and talks to only a few out of the 50.

This is what I do. And why I don't reply when I text. I' think that's what he does too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f.loco
This is simple, but requires personal experience and/or just empathy.
Chances are, he's bored, wants a convo, texts like 50 people hello or what's up to get convo started, and talks to only a few out of the 50.

This is what I do. And why I don't reply when I text. I' think that's what he does too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay so you don't think he is interested at all?
Reply 33
cut his head off with a chainsaw, he'll listen to you then I'm sure
Reply 34
Oh okay so you don't think he is interested at all?

Not necessarily.
He could be, but is too lazy to reply. Like me.. And many other people.. Don't rely on texts, talk in person. Any confident girl I find attractive, even the ones who aren't that attractive, if the reverse, I.e. girl is hot but too shy, I don't find them attractive.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f.loco
Not necessarily.
He could be, but is too lazy to reply. Like me.. And many other people.. Don't rely on texts, talk in person. Any confident girl I find attractive, even the ones who aren't that attractive, if the reverse, I.e. girl is hot but too shy, I don't find them attractive.
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just confusing... And true but don't know when we will see each other out next
Reply 36
It's just confusing... And true but don't know when we will see each other out next

Guys like straight up people. Text him, I want to meet up.. He'll find it attractive, and will agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought so but what is he trying to achieve by texting me? Keep me keen?

A lot of guys do that. Ignore 'em if you're not emotionally invested.
what do you mean not too quickly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending