The Student Room Group

Tories cutting tax credits

Anyone else getting fed-up with lower-class families complaining their free money is being taken away?

The harsh truth is they should never have been given this money in the first place!

Oh you want more money? Lets just grab the money machine and print you some more.

You want more money? Earn it like everyone else! And yes I am aware these people are working, but if you want a payrise YOU do something about it, not rely on others.

Scroll to see replies

lol now not only are the unemployed bashed when most of them are genuine jobseekers and it's a job lottery, now you can't even be employed on a low wage otherwise you get bashed for it. How about the employers making billions out of the UK pay their staff a few pound extra?
Original post by billydisco
Anyone else getting fed-up with lower-class families complaining their free money is being taken away?

The harsh truth is they should never have been given this money in the first place!

Oh you want more money? Lets just grab the money machine and print you some more.

You want more money? Earn it like everyone else! And yes I am aware these people are working, but if you want a payrise YOU do something about it, not rely on others.

Are you saying they should go on strike?
Reply 3
Original post by ironandbeer2
lol now not only are the unemployed bashed when most of them are genuine jobseekers and it's a job lottery, now you can't even be employed on a low wage otherwise you get bashed for it. How about the employers making billions out of the UK pay their staff a few pound extra?

I'm not bashing people for earning low money, I'm bashing them for complaining their taxpayer subsidies are being withdrawn.... why should they receive free money??
Reply 4
How about the employers making billions out of the UK pay their staff a few pound extra?

They will if their employees are worth it...... thats how salaries work. You are paid what you are worth.
Reply 5
Original post by United1892
Are you saying they should go on strike?

No (typical reply from you). I am saying they should increase their skills.
I'm not bashing people for earning low money, I'm bashing them for complaining their taxpayer subsidies are being withdrawn.... why should they receive free money??

Free money?! It's money to work for a livable wage! Not everybody is as obviously clever and lucky as the likes of you. Most jobs in this country are simply keeping the country moving, I'm sorry you feel such people are beneath you. The attack on tax credits (without ensuring employers are making up the shortfall - it's their lack of wages which is the whole issue) is class war at its finest. They will come after the middle classes in some way sooner or later - then the pigs will squeal that their cosy office jobs are at threat. The only people who matter to the Tories are those with tons of money, you can be British Russian or Chinese as long as you have the cash they'll sell you anything.
No (typical reply from you). I am saying they should increase their skills.

How exactly? They're are only so many jobs higher up, and we need people to do lower paid jobs. Your complete snobbery is ludicrous and without government help striking would be the only way for them to increase their wages.
They will if their employees are worth it...... thats how salaries work. You are paid what you are worth.

*******s. They pay as little as they can away with every step of the way. Unless of course it's the mutually beneficial bonuses for the boys at the top.

This is typical Tory mindset - a free market for employers to do as they please, until they need bailing out with public money. As per usual the working poor are paying for rich people's stupidity and carelessness...in some cases pure and utter theft. But never mind eh the poor are sub-human scum eh?
i don't agree with the sum of money given. The cause is the lack of competition between corporations. They tend to consolidate markets and drive down wages. Hence the need for tax credits.

But it's all very trivial Timmy might not get that PS4 and 4 games for Xmas and will have to settle for 1 game.

Because they need it to survive you utter idiot. With the tax credit cuts you can't even behind the moralising job or no job fig leaf any more. It's solely about victimising those worse off.

Can't wait to hear about how if they'd got better grades at school they would all magically have got cushy middle class jobs

I bet it makes you fele good because you feel like you're exempt. But the Tories are already coming after the middle classes - their attacks on the professions like law and medicine are this governments version of the union battles.

Tories are the party of rentiership only.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
i don't agree with the sum of money given. The cause is the lack of competition between corporations. They tend to consolidate markets and drive down wages. Hence the need for tax credits.

But it's all very trivial Timmy might not get that PS4 and 4 games for Xmas and will have to settle for 1 game.

Oh right people on low wages should just be glad to put food on the table I suppose? Christmas cancelled for anyone with a job which doesn't pay enough because the corporations don't want to give them a penny more than they can get away with? Clearly Tories aren't interested in what they preach i.e. work should pay and you should be able to have a nice life while working, a Playstation game is hardly a yacht is it.
Oh right people on low wages should just be glad to put food on the table I suppose? Christmas cancelled for anyone with a job which doesn't pay enough because the corporations don't want to give them a penny more than they can get away with? Clearly Tories aren't interested in what they preach i.e. work should pay and you should be able to have a nice life while working, a Playstation game is hardly a yacht is it.

How is Christmas cancelled? Timmy still got a ps4 and a game. What's so special about their labour power compared to someone overseas who will do it for a fraction?

We need to pay our way.
How is Christmas cancelled? Timmy still got a ps4 and a game. What's so special about their labour power compared to someone overseas who will do it for a fraction?

We need to pay our way.

You won't mind if technology puts a hole in middle class jobs then, will you. So many people in middle paying jobs simply get there through being academic, luck and contacts. Nothing special about the majority of these jobs. One day threads like this will be about people like that, and good riddance. Time for them to be looked down on.

Bill Gates would not approve of your posts.
*******s. They pay as little as they can away with every step of the way. Unless of course it's the mutually beneficial bonuses for the boys at the top.

This is typical Tory mindset - a free market for employers to do as they please, until they need bailing out with public money. As per usual the working poor are paying for rich people's stupidity and carelessness...in some cases pure and utter theft. But never mind eh the poor are sub-human scum eh?

I think you've gone too far over into the other extreme here. What stupidity and carelessness exactly are 'the rich' guilty of? The rich also pay the highest share of total income tax receipts in history under the Tories. It's doesn't have to be one or the other here- the working class shouldn't assume the rich steal from them and they're paying for rich mistakes just as much as the rich shouldn't assume they're subsiding feckless scroungers. It's much more complex than that.
Original post by pol pot noodles
I think you've gone too far over into the other extreme here. What stupidity and carelessness exactly are 'the rich' guilty of? The rich also pay the highest share of total income tax receipts in history under the Tories. It's doesn't have to be one or the other here- the working class shouldn't assume the rich steal from them and they're paying for rich mistakes just as much as the rich shouldn't assume they're subsiding feckless scroungers. It's much more complex than that.

Well let's take the banking sector for a start - all for a free market to do as they please most of the time yet bailed out by the State? Why? I wish the State WAS abolished you know because it'd show how the private sector can't function without both blaming it for everything then running to it for money. But that will never happen for said reasons.

The billionaires should pay their taxes. They should pay their staff a livable wage. If they can't do these things, they shouldn't be making a penny of profit from my country and its workers.
You won't mind if technology puts a hole in middle class jobs then, will you. So many people in middle paying jobs simply get there through being academic, luck and contacts. Nothing special about the majority of these jobs. One day threads like this will be about people like that, and good riddance. Time for them to be looked down on.

Bill Gates would not approve of your posts.

You're talking about automation? that's essentially a failure in government policy. Our working week should be reduced, thus creating more jobs.

Bill Gates would approve of my free market posts. No difference between a worker in China, India or the UK. We need to pay our way. I do hope the accountants, pharmacists etc are replaced as it will increase efficiency.

We need to pay our way.

Do you have any concept of how much things cost. A parent on tax credits assuredly can't afford to buy a PS4 which is probably about 1/20th of their annual income. As a student supporting only myself I existed on an income equivalent to 16 hours minimum wage a year and I was skipping meals.
Original post by scrotgrot
Because they need it to survive you utter idiot. With the tax credit cuts you can't even behind the moralising job or no job fig leaf any more. It's solely about victimising those worse off.

Can't wait to hear about how if they'd got better grades at school they would all magically have got cushy middle class jobs

I bet it makes you fele good because you feel like you're exempt. But the Tories are already coming after the middle classes - their attacks on the professions like law and medicine are this governments version of the union battles.

Tories are the party of rentiership only.

You are right that this Parliament the tories really are going after middle income folk. If they're not careful the cuts are going to start biting a lot of their own voters...

Bill Gates would approve of my free market posts. No difference between a worker in China, India or the UK. We need to pay our way. I do hope the accountants, pharmacists etc are replaced as it will increase efficiency.

Apart from the rich, of course. Whom, fyi, aren't all working class heros who started with nothing. Far from it. No, they need incentives to stay - tax incentives, wage incentives, they need what they want, when they want it. Then they might pay the tax, but maybe not. And you're talking about someone on minimum wage as if they're greed personified.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending