The Student Room Group

Is it true that typing up notes is not as effective as handwriting notes?

Particularly for science subjects.
i have always found it better to type them :s-smilie: i find it harder to learn handwritting
Reply 2
Original post by SANTR

I find this too, plus I never have a computer around to take notes on...

Then you can draw pretty pictures and stuff :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
i have always found it better to type them :s-smilie: i find it harder to learn handwritting

For essay based or science subjects?
Original post by SANTR
For essay based or science subjects?

both, particuarly history though :h:
Original post by SANTR

Depends on you, whatever works? :dontknow:
Original post by SANTR

Think it could depend on whether you are actively thinking about the topic and creating the notes as you type them up or are mostly just copying and pasting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SANTR

Why not both?

Write notes in class and then type it up at home?

I have found typing especially useful for Biology because I can type so quickly, so it isnt time consuming with all the content.

I have found writing generally better with chemistry because its more about applying what you know rather than memorising if you know what I mean. Like it isn't all wordy
typing up notes for history is probably the best thing i'm doing right now - a lot of content to write and i'm not wasting any time trying to neaten up my handwriting etc.
I'm not sure which is more effective, but I prefer typing my notes for all subjects as I can type quickly, so it saves time, whereas I write quite slowly so handwriting would take way too long :smile:
Tbh I don't mind either as long as it is organised. But yeah, typing saves up a lot of time and so easy to correct errors/replace stuff

Quick Reply

Latest