The Student Room Group

CIE Economics

Am I the only one on TSR who is doing CIE economics???

Everywhere on TSR I see people doing AQA/Edexcel and the like..
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Mehodax
Am I the only one on TSR who is doing CIE economics???

Everywhere on TSR I see people doing AQA/Edexcel and the like..

I might do it as well but I'm not sure. I'm on a gap year and already self-studying CIE Further Mathematics so not sure I'd have the time for another A Level. It would no doubt be interesting to actually get some economics background since I frequently debate politics and find my economics knowledge lacking -- that said, I'm not expecting A Level economics to turn me into some kind of economics guru. :tongue: I just think it might be fun to do it.
Reply 3
Original post by Hydeman
I might do it as well but I'm not sure. I'm on a gap year and already self-studying CIE Further Mathematics so not sure I'd have the time for another A Level. It would no doubt be interesting to actually get some economics background since I frequently debate politics and find my economics knowledge lacking -- that said, I'm not expecting A Level economics to turn me into some kind of economics guru. :tongue: I just think it might be fun to do it.

Oh it is a lot of fun finding out about the various viewing angles one can use to see the world!
Did it last year
Reply 5
Original post by Skill Twix
Did it last year

Any useful resources for A2?

What techniques and tips can you recommend which will come helpful?
Original post by Mehodax
Any useful resources for A2?

What techniques and tips can you recommend which will come helpful?

Tutor2u is good enough but I never used it.
I used two revision guides(one of them was the Susan grant one) and the normal textbook
I used to make notes and link everything together and then do questions at the end of each chapter in the revision guide to test my knowledge.That's how I got 100% in Economics AS level and was predicted an A*
Reply 7
And were you able to secure one?
Original post by Mehodax
And were you able to secure one?

Nah!I was sick before exam time.Got a B in the end
Reply 9
B at A Level is still alright :smile:

Thanks for your prompt replies
Original post by Mehodax
B at A Level is still alright :smile:

Thanks for your prompt replies

It was just meh.Work hard yo