The Student Room Group

When you reference a journal article

do you have to mention the publisher name?
Original post by ImNotReallyMe

Normally yes, although there's strange difference between different referencing systems sometimes
Reply 2

What referencing system are you using?
Reply 3

Author's name, "title of the article", in Journal's Name, year of publication, n°11, p.111-122.

But check your guidelines, there are different systems.
Original post by Klix88
What referencing system are you using?

i'm using the Harvard one

Author, Initials., Year. Title of article. Full Title of Journal, Volume number (Issue/Part number), Page number(s).

Boughton, J.M., 2002. The Bretton Woods proposal: a brief look. Political Science Quarterly, 42(6), p.564.

Cox, C., 2002. What health care assistants know about clean hands. Nursing today, Spring Issue, pp.647-85.

Perry, C., 2001. What health care assistants know about clean hands. Nursing Times, 97(22), pp.63-64.

I pinched the above examples from the Anglia Ruskin Guide to the Harvard System of Referencing which is a brilliant resource

http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm
Reply 6
i'm using the Harvard one

No publisher name - format as per Jantaculum's info above. But check your own uni's guidelines to be sure. You should be able to find it online My undergrad uni helpfully used an "in-house" version of Harvard, which had some tweaks.

Referencing properly is a pain, but once you get the hang of it, it's free percentages. The pain in the early days will be worth it. Markers love a correctly formatted bibliography!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending