The Student Room Group

I am a 22 year old male, will be dating a 16 year old female?!

Hello all

I am a male, 22 years old and have great feelings for a 15 year old female. We love each other, she is very mature for her age that's for sure! That's the main reason I like her.
Her parents are fine that we love each other, we won't be getting into a relationship till she turns 16 in April next year.
No, we aren't having sex, we are not rushing the relationship at all.
Now, I'd like to know of your thoughts and if anyone on here has been in a similar situation?

Cheers
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So not 22 and 16 then..
Reply 2
She should be in the library focusing on her gcse's
You're 23 and you're dating a 15 year old? That's beyond creepy, sorry. Even if she is "mature for her age", I highly doubt she'd be as mature as somebody your own age. You've finished uni/are in your final year of uni (presumably) and you're dating somebody who hasn't even done their GCSEs yet. Think about that for a bit, does it sound right? Really?

Of course, that's just my opinion and you're free to do as you please :h:
Reply 4
Original post by thechemistress
You're 23 and you're dating a 15 year old? That's beyond creepy, sorry. Even if she is "mature for her age", I highly doubt she'd be as mature as somebody your own age. You've finished uni/are in your final year of uni (presumably) and you're dating somebody who hasn't even done their GCSEs yet. Think about that for a bit, does it sound right? Really?

Of course, that's just my opinion and you're free to do as you please :h:

Yeh but when he's 100 she'll be 92 which is perfectly fine.
that makes my stomach churn.
Original post by saeed97

Okay, but at the moment, the age gap is humongous. We're discussing the situation at the moment, not what it could be like in 80 years :lol:
You say shes 16; then say shes 15.

That is a crucial detail because it is the difference between a charge of statutory rape and not.
Original post by apronedsamurai
You say shes 16; then say shes 15.

That is a crucial detail because it is the difference between a charge of statutory rape and not.

It does feel uncomfortable. When I was 19 and with an almost 17 year old that felt uncomfortable. But in terms legality, theyre fine - they said no sex until shes 16
What about a 16 year old and a 20 year old? (Just curious lol not actually happening)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
If you love each other and it's not against the law then go for it.
Original post by saeed97

But at the moment that's not the case. Right now the OP is 22 and his potential girlfriend is 15. Sorry, but in my opinion the age gap right now is way to big especially when the young female is going through mental and physical changes. On a mental level the OP is not on the same level as his potential girlfriend. Within the next 6 years this female will make the most development in terms of her mentality which is why relationships as such are seen in a negative light as it displays connotations of the older male "preying" on the much younger female.
Reply 12
Title is misleading :hmmm:

You can go to her parents evening yh :lol:
Umm :erm: That's not okay. I can't believe her parents are okay with it, my parents would be horrified if that was me.
Is she a High Church Anglican, by any chance?
When I was 18 I started seeing a girl who'd just turned 16 and even then the 'maturity gap' was massive..even if the age gap wasn't.

(Certainly took no end of stick from the lads for going to 'pick her up from the school gates'..in her uniform).

At first though it seemed OK, we'd not being seeing each other long before her GCSE's were done and it was the holidays, sure she was a bit clingy, but was also my first proper relationship too and beside couple of months and she'd be starting college, so she'd have that to keep her occupied.

She did 3-4 weeks and decided she didn't like it..so she dropped out..without telling her parents..few weeks after that they found out and weren't too happy..turned into a blazing row and she decided, ''she'd had enough of them telling her how to live her life'' besides she could just move in with me..how romantic.

What could I do? Tell her to bugger off? Anyway couple of weeks later I managed to convince her to go back home.

Even so she was still having trouble with her folks..nothing to do all day..I'm trying to get her on another course at college and generally sort her life out..While in my second year at uni..

Didn't end well we split up and she went off the rails. I still feel quite a bit of guilt over it. Even though I certainly didn't encourage her to act like that, I've got to think If I'd been 16 or even 17 and still in 6th form things might have been a lot different.

I was only 18 though..you're 23 should really know better?
(edited 8 years ago)
There's a huge difference in your maturity levels, she's just a child compared to you :/
You're deliberately putting off sex until she's older - because you know you're in the wrong. Just admit it and break it off.
Reply 18
Original post by saeed97

but they're not, she is a child, that is illegal leave the CHILD alone
Reply 19
Original post by Bg63
Hello all

I am a male, 23 years old and have great feelings for a 15 year old female. We love each other, she is very mature for her age that's for sure! That's the main reason I like her.
Her parents are fine that we love each other, we won't be getting into a relationship till she turns 16 in April next year.
No, we aren't having sex, we are not rushing the relationship at all.
Now, I'd like to know of your thoughts and if anyone on here has been in a similar situation?

Cheers

First of all, DON'T.
Second point, Illegal
Third point, Find someone your own age and stop being a predator she is a CHILD. If you try have a 'romantic' relationship with her you are practically abusing her, there's no such thing as being 'mature' for her age, she is a CHILD you a grown ass man are dating a CHILD
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending