The Student Room Group

Help! Im a muslim and alcohol in remedies

So toay i brought a rescure remedies by bach
And the ingredients are
5x dilution of flower extract of rock rose, impatients, clematis, star of bethlehem, cherry plum in a grape ALCOHOL SOLOUTION.

Suitibale for vegans! Ohmtgod i just took 2 drops... I just read it now... I read it contains 50% of brandy. It chraged my £7 aSwell.. I cant return it its opened

Scroll to see replies

From what I've read, the reason alcohol is forbidden is if it's taken for unnecessary purpose. So if your medication if quite necessary and you have no other alternatives, I think it's okay. Do check with your parents.
Original post by Student403
From what I've read, the reason alcohol is forbidden is if it's taken for unnecessary purpose. So if your medication if quite necessary and you have no other alternatives, I think it's okay. Do check with your parents.

Yep, i bought it for stress i told my mum she said it might be a few drops but from wat i have researched its about 50% and it tastes and smells like alochol too.. And i feel yuckey.. Im planning to throw it out of my window anytime soon
Original post by heyitscraziix
Yep, i bought it for stress i told my mum she said it might be a few drops but from wat i have researched its about 50% and it tastes and smells like alochol too.. And i feel yuckey.. Im planning to throw it out of my window anytime soon

Do what feels right. Islam is all about intention
Reply 4

Wouldn't it be more feasible if you threw in the bin instead of out the window?
Reply 5
Pour it down the sink.
Original post by Oh ooo
Wouldn't it be more feasible if you threw in the bin instead of out the window?

My mum would find it if it was in the bin.. She thinks its 1 or 2 drops but im guessing by reasearch its 50%
Original post by HAnwar
Pour it down the sink.

Wil do i took2 drops already without knowing then it smelt of alcohol... Ergg i tried it for a remedie for exam stress ://
The amount in a bottle of rescue remedy is negligible, throw it away and make sure you cgeck packaging carefully in future
Reply 9
My mum would find it if it was in the bin.. She thinks its 1 or 2 drops but im guessing by reasearch its 50%

Then you mum is allowing you to consume haram?

Usually Muslim parents stop their kids from committing sins, yours seems to be doing the opposite and forcing you by any means necessary.:erm:
Gurrl, where is your hijab. xD

I'd be more worried about the hijab than sipping 2 drops of alcohol by accident

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Wil do i took2 drops already without knowing then it smelt of alcohol... Ergg i tried it for a remedie for exam stress ://

Dw I had a mouthwash and didn't realise it had alcohol after I used it. You didn't know so you won't get sin for it :smile:

Btw you can get pills for stress instead?
Reply 12
Don't eat bread, soya sauce or ripe fruit. They all contain alcohol.
Original post by 010197
That's not your place to say. Her personal choice has nothing to do with you, mind your own business.

K

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ebony & Ivory
Gurrl, where is your hijab. xD

I'd be more worried about the hijab than sipping 2 drops of alcohol by accident

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who are you to judge? Your sin may be bigger than mine.. So don't judge. No ones perfect we all make mistakes inshallah when im ready for that commitment i will wear it permanently not like some girls who do it infront of their parents and take it off :/
Original post by HAnwar
Dw I had a mouthwash and didn't realise it had alcohol after I used it. You didn't know so you won't get sin for it :smile:

Btw you can get pills for stress instead?

Yeah i just bought them today.. And my mum said its 2 drops and its finw as all medicines contain alcohol.. But as it smells of alchohol im planning to throw it. So did u throw the mouth wash? I saw alcohol free but for some reason i choose the original one ://
Original post by 010197
That's not your place to say. Her personal choice has nothing to do with you, mind your own business.

Thanks 😘
Original post by Mimsycrafts
The amount in a bottle of rescue remedy is negligible, throw it away and make sure you cgeck packaging carefully in future

Will do, thank you so much much. Maybe it was for the best, as ive learnt to always read now!! Learning from my mistakes :smile:
If you werent aware of it, it is completely fine. Just dont use it again.
Original post by Oh ooo
Then you mum is allowing you to consume haram?

Usually Muslim parents stop their kids from committing sins, yours seems to be doing the opposite and forcing you by any means necessary.:erm:

Um excuse me, she thinks it has 2 drops just like any other medicines.. She said its fine as its for a reason not for fun...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending