The Student Room Group

How much do Unis look at predicted grades?

My friend wants to study history at university, and got 3 high As in his AS levels, but his best possible grades that are being sent to UCAS are all Bs. He wanted to apply to Unis in the 3 As ranges, but now doesn't know if it's worth it.
How much does it matter?
Original post by dpr130498
My friend wants to study history at university, and got 3 high As in his AS levels, but his best possible grades that are being sent to UCAS are all Bs. He wanted to apply to Unis in the 3 As ranges, but now doesn't know if it's worth it.
How much does it matter?

It is very odd to see his grades downgraded. I suggest he goes back to his school for an explanation
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
It is very odd to see his grades downgraded. I suggest he goes back to his school for an explanation

Yeah he's doing so, hoping to get then changed but wants to know his options as he wants to apply quite early
Original post by dpr130498
Yeah he's doing so, hoping to get then changed but wants to know his options as he wants to apply quite early

There is absolutely no advantage to be gained from applying early and every possibility of serious disadvantage by applying with predicted grades below what he has already achieved. Get the predicted grades sorted out first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending