The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Once again, your generalisations make you look like a moron.

Not all vegans are vegans because they can't bear to harm animal just as not all meat eaters source their meat from the traditional meat industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Triple-Sod
Yeah it seems such a great deal huh?

1. Stop eating meat
2. You've now complete moral superiority over everyone who does and every right duty to lecture them at every given opportunity while feeling all smug and...superior.

Just my old BSA lighting at the minute mate, hoping to apply for my SGC and FAC when I get more settled :smile: .

Get a SGC and a Mossberg 500, the one extra shot make all the difference.
I will have a nice day. I might even kill something in your honour..
:biggrin:

Name calling? I'm just stating the obvious.

Ok. Now tell me why you find the need to use sweeping generalisations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How does a few pigeons sound. I will shoot them and then not eat them because eating meat is wrong.
That all vegans chose the vegan lifestyle because they love animals. You are ignoring the many who do it for health reasons or because they are following the crowd.
And that all meat eaters support the meat industry. You tated yourself that those who grow and care for their own animals are somehow worse than those who 'blindly' (they know what happens) source their meat from the meat industry. Yet you just generalise everyone the same even though you have stated that personally, you think they are different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing it in your name.
Millions of animals die every day but the numbers of elephants are dropping. If this continues we will end up with no elephants.

The argument that many animals die daily is utter BS. I would still want to see elephants roaming on my home continent for decades to come.
Original post by DiddyDec
I don't really care to be honest, I must be the anti-christ to you. I hunt, shoot and kill animals for fun. Not only that, I also eat meat and have even been known to farm it for others to eat it. I don't regret it and will continue.

You are a militant vegan.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Militant+Vegetarian

Maybe you can help me understand something.

I get that hunting and tracking an animal could be fun, but where's the fun in actually shooting it.?This guy who hunted the elephant - why couldn't he just do all the fun tracking and hunting, and then once he found the animal, why not just point the gun at it, look down the sight, and then not pull the trigger?

That final pulling of the trigger is kind of pointless isn't it? And if that tiny, needless action brings so much enjoyment to somebody that it's worth the life of another living being, then they must be at least a little bit egotistical, surely?
god africa needed to toughen up ugh im only taking ppe because of how messed up everything is
Get off your vegatarian ****ing high horse, you aren't saving the world by not eating dead things.
It's natural to eat meat, and isn't at all cruel to eat animals that are naturally pray animals providing the animal was given a decent quality of life before slaughter.
(edited 8 years ago)
The last bit makes an good point but the fact of the matter is that humans are omnivores. Cecil the Lion killed other animals for their meat. The meat industry is cruel and many meat eaters have essentially been brainwashed into eating it but it is as much as a choice veganism. If humans went out and fought and killed their meat with their bare hands, would you accept that as much as you accept other meat eating animals?
Also, animals will inevitably always suffer. Regardless of lifestyle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leviathan1741
Such a shame, why would anyone even consider doing something like that? :frown:

Because some people find hunting fun, perhaps? Believe it or not, we are not all obliged to have the same interests, sources of enjoyment, and morality as you.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Maybe you can help me understand something.

I get that hunting and tracking an animal could be fun, but where's the fun in actually shooting it.?This guy who hunted the elephant - why couldn't he just do all the fun tracking and hunting, and then once he found the animal, why not just point the gun at it, look down the sight, and then not pull the trigger?

That final pulling of the trigger is kind of pointless isn't it? And if that tiny, needless action brings so much enjoyment to somebody that it's worth the life of another living being, then they must be at least a little bit egotistical, surely?

That would be pretty pointless to go all that way not to kill it. I don't really get trophy hunting to be honest, I hunt for meat and just imagine how much biltong and drywors you could get from an elephant.
That would be pretty pointless to go all that way not to kill it. I don't really get trophy hunting to be honest, I hunt for meat and just imagine how much biltong and drywors you could get from an elephant.

But killing it is also pointless. That's what I was trying to say. If he does it for the enjoyment of the hunt, then actually pulling the trigger achieves nothing.

Unless he actually enjoys the act of killing for no purpose. Which is pretty messed up.
Reply 56
Meat eaters are eating a sustainable source of vitamins only available from meat. Incidentally it has been shown that as a living organism plants have feelings too. The vegan diet lacks so many of the vitamins humans need it's worthless. Unlike cows, pigs etc Elephants are endangered. Whatever thrill a hunter gets from pointlessly killing a beautiful animal it's about as worthless as a go on the merry go round. If they enjoy killing so much why not join the army and do something useful for once. Oh yes-you need to be a "real man" to do that, so forget that idea...
(edited 8 years ago)
Get a SGC and a Mossberg 500, the one extra shot make all the difference.

Yeah I bet...I've only ever shot over and unders, so really want to try out a pump-action anyway.

Did get to shoot a 20 bore the other month, call me a pansy but must say I really liked that lighter recoil.
Original post by e aí rapaz
But killing it is also pointless. That's what I was trying to say. If he does it for the enjoyment of the hunt, then actually pulling the trigger achieves nothing.

Unless he actually enjoys the act of killing for no purpose. Which is pretty messed up.

He enjoys it. It doesn't harm anyone.
Apologies for the terrible spelling; mistakes are now corrected.

Anyway you're lack of counter argument suggests you don't have anything reasonable to say, so please **** off with your vegan, green *******s until you've got an answer to my original statement