The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What a cowardly, cold hearted man. May his eventual demise by a slow, pain inducing, mind destroying one. I hate game hunters
Original post by DiddyDec
He enjoys it. It doesn't harm anyone.

Well, it harms the animal, obviously.

But I supposes that answers my original question.
You've just proved that you cant provide an answer to my provably point so have resorted to being even more of a ****.
Enjoy you're protein deficiency.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Well, it harms the animal, obviously.

But I supposes that answers my original question.

It is only an elephant.
It is only an elephant.

Well, my original question was whether there is any real excuse or reason for pulling the trigger, other than that the person doing so is an egotist - i.e. they put their brief and fleeting pleasure over the life of another creature.

The answer is obviously no, there is not.
Reply 65
What do you mean "energy from the sun"? there is no energy from the sun. It's only heat from the sun that makes a plant work. Where are you getting this information...? The vitamin content of a vegan diet is poor.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by versari
What do you mean "energy from the sun"? there is no energy from the sun. It's only heat from the sun that makes a plant work. Where are you getting this information...?

in fairness to him the sun provides the plants with energy, although temperature can be a limiting factor plants need the suns energy for photosynthesis. Source: GCSE and A level Biology
Original post by versari
What do you mean "energy from the sun"? there is no energy from the sun. It's only heat from the sun that makes a plant work. Where are you getting this information...?

Holy ****, have you ever read a book?

Heat is energy.
Original post by versari

Packets of energy called photons get emitted from the sun and travel though the vacumn of space and reach earth where they transfer their energy, one those is in the form of heat.
I hope that guy rots in hell for killing an animal just for pleasure

Heat is energy.

Heat is the transfer of energy.

:fyi:

But the I guess all energy is just adding :beard:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Heat is the transfer of energy.

:fyi:

Are you telling me that thermal energy isn't energy and my GCSEs were lying to me all this time?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/aqa/energyefficiency/energytransfersrev1.shtml
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I hope that guy rots in hell for killing an animal just for pleasure

Hell doesn't exist and he will probably the enjoy the privileged superior life as a wealthy American.

There is no justice in this world unless we make it. :colonhash:
Hell doesn't exist and he will probably the enjoy the privileged superior life as a wealthy American.

There is no justice in this world unless we make it. :colonhash:

Well then I hope he gets accidentally shot
Reply 74

Heat is energy.

Nope. Your wrong. Co2 from the air goes into the plant knocking out the oxygen and forming the "substance of the plant". It requires heat not just photons to do that...the substance of the plant is converted into energy later on...but as i said there is no energy in photons the sun or whatever...sorry. Must be the books you're reading.
(edited 8 years ago)
Are you telling me that thermal energy isn't energy and my GCSEs were lying to me all this time?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/aqa/energyefficiency/energytransfersrev1.shtml

I'm just being a pedantic arse.

But being a pedantic arse is definitely in the spirit of thermodynamics :tongue:

Heat is energy. It;s just in thermodynamics it is measured as the transfer of heat from a hot body to a colder one so it is always a difference in energy. Technically all energy is relative and about converting one form of energy to another or transferring it to somewhere else. This distinguishes it from potential energies etc. If you stand on a table you have gravitational potentiality energy. You have more GPE than if were standing on the floor. But that energy exists in potential. You aren't goign anywhere (unless the table brakes) where as heat is very much a change in energy.

Hope that makes sense and/or that I am actually correct.
Original post by versari
Nope. Your wrong. Co2 from the air goes into the plant knocking out the oxygen and forming the "substance of the plant". It requires heat not just photons to do that...the substance of the plant is converted into energy later on...but as i said there is no energy in photons the sun or whatever...sorry. Must be the books you're reading.

What the **** is "substance of the plant"?

Light is energy. Heat is energy. The sun produces both light and heat, so it produces energy.

Did you even go to school?

http://burnanenergyjournal.com/forms-of-energy-motion-heat-light-sound-2/
I'm just being a pedantic arse.

But being a pedantic arse is definitely in the spirit of thermodynamics :tongue:

Heat is energy. It;s just in thermodynamics it is measured as the transfer of heat from a hot body to a colder one so it is always a difference in energy. Technically all energy is relative and about converting one form of energy to another or transferring it to somewhere else. This distinguishes it from potential energies etc. If you stand on a table you have gravitational potentiality energy. You have more GPE than if were standing on the floor. But that energy exists in potential. You aren't goign anywhere (unless the table brakes) where as heat is very much a change in energy.

Hope that makes sense and/or that I am actually correct.

It makes some sense but I am still not entirely wrong.
Reply 78
If it works for you it works for you. I can't deny the value of eating plants and avoid GMO if I can, but it seems to me you have to eat a tremendous variety to get the same balance of vitamins as a diet that includes meat.

Original post by CoolCavy
in fairness to him the sun provides the plants with energy, although temperature can be a limiting factor plants need the suns energy for photosynthesis. Source: GCSE and A level Biology

:smile: If they read what I said they'd see I even made it simple for them...

What the **** is "substance of the plant"?Light is energy. Heat is energy. The sun produces both light and heat, so it produces energy.Did you even go to school?http://burnanenergyjournal.com/forms-of-energy-motion-heat-light-sound-2/

You didn't try and understand what I wrote -go back to school idiot.
(edited 8 years ago)
It makes some sense but I am still not entirely wrong.

You weren't wrong.

Latest

Trending

Trending