The Student Room Group

Tesco took my fake id

Have had abit of a shambles, went to tesco the other night with some friends with intention of getting some beers, I put them on the till get id'd not a problem I have my fake, turns out the woman behind the till is a police officer who works nights!. She spots it's a fake and confiscates it. My question is what happens if te police catch you with a fake id
Original post by Mcau3
Have had abit of a shambles, went to tesco the other night with some friends with intention of getting some beers, I put them on the till get id'd not a problem I have my fake, turns out the woman behind the till is a police officer who works nights!. She spots it's a fake and confiscates it. My question is what happens if te police catch you with a fake id

They're well within their rights to confiscate it. It's so you don't use that ID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you had bought the beer they could have confiscated it.... but they stopped you in time
I think getting ID'd and then saying "not a problem I have my fake" is where you went wrong, Squire.
Reply 4
why would you go Tesco? Just grow some facial hair and go to a local shop and get served there without id.
Reply 5
Original post by annarchy.
They're well within their rights to confiscate it. It's so you don't use that ID again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they're not.
Reply 6
Original post by Mcau3

Firstly; they had no right to confiscate it.

Secondly; if the police catch you trying to use one they could prosecute you.
Reply 7
Wait is it only me.. that caught on to the fact that a Tesco cashier is a Police Officer.

When did Police officers become cashiers at your local Tesco?:lolwut:

I thought Police officers weren't allowed to moon light?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reue
Firstly; they had no right to confiscate it.

Secondly; if the police catch you trying to use one they could prosecute you.

They are allowed to confiscate it if they suspect it is a fake id. The process is that it should be then handed to the police station, where if it's not fake you can go and pick it up. And well if it is fake, I don't imagine you want to be picking it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
No they're not.

You got proof for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by mizzsnazzter
They are allowed to confiscate it if they suspect it is a fake id. The process is that it should be then handed to the police station, where if it's not fake you can go and pick it up. And well if it is fake, I don't imagine you want to be picking it up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless they're making an arrest they have no rights to confiscate items. It's the same for bouncers.
Reply 11
Original post by annarchy.
You got proof for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Proof that a private citizen is not able to confiscate items from another private citizen? The onus surely ought to be on you to prove they are able to do this
Original post by Reue
Unless they're making an arrest they have no rights to confiscate items. It's the same for bouncers.

What's he supposed to do? Go to the police and say Tesco illegally confiscated his fake ID whilst he was trying to purchase alcohol underage.
Reply 13
Original post by Speckle
What's he supposed to do? Go to the police and say Tesco illegally confiscated his fake ID whilst he was trying to purchase alcohol underage.

That doesn't make it legal for Tesco to have taken it..
Reply 14
Thankyou for everyone responding to my post, but what Im trying to find out is what usually happens when you get caught with an altered Id, ie do they prosecute you, or just ring you up etc ?. It didn't help that the cashier was a cop
A police officer tesco cashier, lmao
Original post by Reue
Proof that a private citizen is not able to confiscate items from another private citizen? The onus surely ought to be on you to prove they are able to do this

Oooh yeah I misread the thread. I thought they were on about someone in the queue as I read it quick. Yeah as a cashier I can deffo say they can't take your ID. She wasn't on duty after all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending