The Student Room Group

smart casual dress code

I have a party coming up and the dress code is smart casual wear. I am a little confused what to wear lol,
I have suede boots, oxford white shirt, any suggestions for trousers etc (blazer or waistcoat?)
I have to dress 'smart casual' for my work exp. and these dress codes are just unnecessarily cofusing... what you've just described seems sufficient. smart casual is basically just half a step (emphasis on half) down from being a suited up businessman/woman. For trousers, they dont have to be tailored, as long as they dont look like denim. A waistcoat might look a little too formal, a blazer should be just fine.
hope this helps :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by namelesshipster
I have to dress 'smart casual' for my work exp. and these dress codes are just unnecessarily cofusing... what you've just described seems sufficient. smart casual is basically just half a step (emphasis on half) down from being a suited up businessman/woman. For trousers, they dont have to be tailored, as long as they dont look like denim. A waistcoat might look a little too formal, a blazer should be just fine.
hope this helps :smile:

What colour trouser would you suggest and also for the blazer?
Dark?
Original post by MrBhogal
What colour trouser would you suggest and also for the blazer?
Dark?

darks and neutrals are all good, but you can have a bit of colour if you want, so long as it's not too bright/bold (so no neon greens, but a light blue is okay)
Reply 4
I'm surprised that you have to wear smart casual to a party, but anyway I had to wear it for work experience as well.
I wore black trousers and a plain casual top. I didn't feel I needed a blazer because my manager told me it was quite warm where I was working, but you can wear a blazer or cardigan if you want :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by nph
I'm surprised that you have to wear smart casual to a party, but anyway I had to wear it for work experience as well.
I wore black trousers and a plain casual top. I didn't feel I needed a blazer because my manager told me it was quite warm where I was working, but you can wear a blazer or cardigan if you want :smile:

Yh i was quite surprised, but it is a girls 18th after all lol
Thanks for your help😃
Reply 6
Original post by namelesshipster
darks and neutrals are all good, but you can have a bit of colour if you want, so long as it's not too bright/bold (so no neon greens, but a light blue is okay)

Would grey do,
I dont want a mainstream dark colour if u get me?
Original post by MrBhogal
Would grey do,
I dont want a mainstream dark colour if u get me?

yup, greys are perfect 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending