The Student Room Group

How does the application for Placement year work?

Hello!
I would be intrested in doing a psychology course with a placement year but I am not sure I know what it means regarding the applying process. As the entry requirements for both courses are the same I don't understand how is someone chosen to do the placement year? Do both courses accept the same number of student? Wouldn't it lower my chances of getting into the uni if I applied for the placement? I don't get how it works..could someone explain it to me please?
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
No difference whatsoever, course is identical either way. To be honest, it shouldn't matter which you apply for as it's usually flexible once you get to university. Just let your department know and you can opt in/out of the placement scheme whenever.
Original post by claup
Hello!
I would be intrested in doing a psychology course with a placement year but I am not sure I know what it means regarding the applying process. As the entry requirements for both courses are the same I don't understand how is someone chosen to do the placement year? Do both courses accept the same number of student? Wouldn't it lower my chances of getting into the uni if I applied for the placement? I don't get how it works..could someone explain it to me please?
Thanks in advance!

The placement course will be less competitive as fewer people will opt for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Princepieman
The placement course will be less competitive as fewer people will opt for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that the placement year is what almost everyone wants to do :O
Reply 4
Original post by Speckle
No difference whatsoever, course is identical either way. To be honest, it shouldn't matter which you apply for as it's usually flexible once you get to university. Just let your department know and you can opt in/out of the placement scheme whenever.

Oh okay this is great news. Thank you for your help!
Original post by claup
I thought that the placement year is what almost everyone wants to do :O

When you assume you make an ... out of u and me. :wink:

Generally, less people applu for them and offer rates (according to data on Which) are always higher for the courses with a placement year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending