Original post by Zuki
Lmaoo Nopee, I'm just that good :cool: :afraid:

Ohh, I thought you were being sarcastic :tongue:

Your stalking skills are on point :wink:
@Illiberal Liberal smh
@Illiberal Liberal more like it :smile:
Original post by queen-bee
Bint al balad aka Hannah :wink:

I like the name Hannah - presumably you and your family pronounce it the Arabic way? Imo, it's one of the few names that sound good pronounced in both English and Arabic.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Not particularly, it's okayy. When I tell other people it they seem to like it :dontknow: :tongue:

Original post by Star-girl
I like it, yes, but it gets mispronounced and misspelled a lot. :facepalm:

What name?
Original post by Hashim123
I like the name Hannah - presumably you and your family pronounce it the Arabic way? Imo, it's one of the few names that sound good pronounced in both English and Arabic.

@Illiberal Liberal :mmm: toldyaaaaa

Agreed. Only my mum's family say it the Arab way but it's very similar to the English version
Yeah, I like my double name indeed. It sounds so roman, like roman.
I like my name and the spelling of it. Not as fond of what is referred to as the "normal" spelling tbh, even if I do get the odd comment. It isn't spelt in some big obscure way btw, if anything I know more people with my spelling than the other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was that in reference to me? :colonhash:
Aside from the fact no white person can pronounce it properly (:colonhash:), I quite like it. Plus my granddad chose it so it has some sentimental value I guess :tongue:
Original post by Hashim123
Was that in reference to me? :colonhash:

No to mister liberal who thinks Hannah is only a white girl name :mmm:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Aside from the fact no white person can pronounce it properly (:colonhash:), I quite like it. Plus my granddad chose it so it has some sentimental value I guess :tongue:

Tell me habibi,what is it?
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah very much :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by ivy.98

Spoiler

I love your name.

I want to name my daughter Olivia-Lily. :h:
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
I love that name.

I want to name my daughter Olivia-Lily. :h:

Thanks!
I've always wanted to be named Lily, hence why I'm gonna name my daughter Lily :h: what a coincidence :colondollar:
No to mister liberal who thinks Hannah is only a white girl name :mmm:

I see. :laugh:

Original post by Lord Samosa

This tbh. No-one apart from my parents pronounces it close to the original Arabic, but I identify myself as - and prefer to be called - Hashim (Hash to rhyme with mash, im to rhyme with him). It's incredibly-simple to pronounce, even for an uncultured white person, but virtually every non-Asian person that I've ever known feels the need to add some level of exoticness where there isn't one, by pronouncing it Hasheem. Just. :unimpressed:
Original post by ivy.98
Thanks!
I've always wanted to be named Lily, hence why I'm gonna name my daughter Lily :h: what a coincidence :colondollar:

Our daughters can be friends with awesome names. :woo:

:tongue:
Yes!
It's common enough that everybody knows it and has absolutely no issues saying it, but it was popular about 10-20 years before I was born, so I rarely meet people my own age with the same name. Only downside really is that it's quite ordinary and, when paired with my very common surname, doesn't do a great deal for me in terms of individuality.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
derp
Original post by ivy.98

Spoiler

Hey, do you have a double name like me? that would be nice, if that is the case! :smile:
Original post by Kallisto
Hey, do you have a double name like me? that would be nice, if that is the case! :smile:

Yep, it's a doppelname :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest