The Student Room Group

Tories cutting tax credits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
Aye. There are four times as many law graduates as there are graduate jobs in law. In other words the market is over saturated, encouraging everyone to get these qualifications will lead to unemployment.

Also i've said before, this country would notice far more if we had no binmen than if we had no accountants.

Imagine how long a hospital would function without any cleaners, caterers, waste disposal, delivery workers.
Original post by Bornblue
If a business can't afford to pay its staff a decent wage then quite frankly it shouldn't be in business.

image.jpg
Reply 82
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Awww Billydisco is crying because he has to give some of his money away like everyone else.

If that was the reason, wouldn't I cry every time I bought something? Oh dear, not quite as smart as you thought you were, are you?

Maybe if he worked a little harder he wouldn't have to worry so much about it.

May be if I had worked a little harder I wouldnt have to worry about paying so much tax? I'm pretty certain the more you earn, the more tax you pay so erm, your point doesn't actually make any sense mate. Don't worry though, I didn't expect it to.

After all I find people who do have money don't tend to bitch and cry about tax as much. Delusional working class/lower middle class who think they're higher than they are though?

I am actually laughing my backside off here....... Gee, if only you knew :wink:

This gave me a good laugh though. http://youtu.be/TRAKztLhTUA

Trust me, not as much as your attempts to look smart gave me a good laugh!

On a serious note, if you are going to reply, can you include something smart next time? I struggle conversing with idiots.
Reply 83
Original post by abbie.crawford
My mum was a nurse, has a masters degree and has to work full time in a supermarket to provide for us. My mum was many of the 6,000 or so nurses who had their jobs axed.

Sorry to hear about your Mum, but how else do you think we afford to feed and house unemployed, low-skilled immigrants?

The thing is with Tories, they are not there for the people who are in poverty.

You mean they won't throw free money at you?

In an attempt to 'deal with poverty', they have just raised the poverty line and not done anything to benefit the people who are infact, still in poverty.

They didn't do this to help poverty, they did it to reduce the debt.....

Please think about things in a different perspective before you promote your ignorant opinion.

The person moaning their free money has ended is calling me ignorant?
Reply 84
Original post by Twinpeaks
BillyDisco is such a thick cun.t.

Increase their skills? Oh yes, so let's have the entire lower income workforce increase their skills and go for higher income jobs.
That makes a whole lot of sense because firstly, low income jobs obviously are not needed, we don't need our cleaners, shop workers, carers etc. We simply don't need them, our country can function perfectly fine without it's foundations.
And secondly, the demand for higher income jobs is so incredibly high, that we need to actively encourage an entire section of the work force to go for these jobs in addition to the higher skilled workforce.

BillyDisco has fantastic logic.

Yeahhhhh...... I mean, its not like we currently have unlimited, low-skilled EU immigration to do all the low-skilled jobs, allowing the "lower income" workforce progress to do more skilled jobs?

I mean, its not like our "lower income" workforce are competing against low-skilled EU immigrants from Poland, Slovakia, Hungary etc.......

I mean, its not like current "lower income" people in this country can set-up their own companies and earn money......

Oh, wait a minute..... :rolleyes:

(You really shouldn't have your argument ripped to shreds by somebody you call a "thick cnut"...... :wink: )
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Unless you are easily expendable because hundreds of thousands of people are ready to step in and take your job due to a huge difference in jobs to people ratio

Exactly, don't be expendable!

YAYY lets hope for another 400,000 immigrants this year

Exactly, there is no case for low-skilled immigration. I find it funny how its the same liberal lefties who depend the poor, who also love admitting low-skilled immigrants. When the poor realise this they will turn to UKIP.
Original post by billydisco
No (typical reply from you). I am saying they should increase their skills.

And if they do increase thier skills? Where are the jobs for them? What happens when a job has 5 positions and 50 applicants? Oh thats right wages come down.

Or there is an abundance of people with them skills...

which is something he really doesnt get
Reply 87
Original post by silverbolt
And if they do increase thier skills? Where are the jobs for them? What happens when a job has 5 positions and 50 applicants? Oh thats right wages come down.

Where are the jobs for them??

1) There are plenty of jobs out there, just half of this country are too stupid to do them.

2) If there wasnt a job, go and bloody create one yourself! Some people, they need everybody else to do something for them. If you cannot find a job, then find a way to make one for yourself! How do you think entrepreneurs make money? Waiting for somebody to give them a "boss" job?
If that was the reason, wouldn't I cry every time I bought something? Oh dear, not quite as smart as you thought you were, are you?

May be if I had worked a little harder I wouldnt have to worry about paying so much tax? I'm pretty certain the more you earn, the more tax you pay so erm, your point doesn't actually make any sense mate. Don't worry though, I didn't expect it to.

On a serious note, if you are going to reply, can you include something smart next time? I struggle conversing with idiots.

No... what an idiotic comparison. A correct comparison would be if you were to buy something for someone else which yes you most likely would cry over. I mean if you can't even comprehend such a simple idea then no wonder you can't afford a decent accountant :lol:
These cuts to tax credits may well be the Tories undoing. They are going to hit a lot of Tory voters.
Anyone else getting fed-up with lower-class families complaining their free money is being taken away?

The harsh truth is they should never have been given this money in the first place!

Oh you want more money? Lets just grab the money machine and print you some more.

You want more money? Earn it like everyone else! And yes I am aware these people are working, but if you want a payrise YOU do something about it, not rely on others.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm completely against those people who think that (for example) they should be able to have loads of kids and get help from the government!

Every sensible person will agree with the view that people should have to earn the life they want without burdening the government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They've slowly been cutting tax credits for years. They're also freezing and cutting other benefits too. By the time universal credit comes in, I could be up to £60 a week worse off.
Yeahhhhh...... I mean, its not like we currently have unlimited, low-skilled EU immigration to do all the low-skilled jobs, allowing the "lower income" workforce progress to do more skilled jobs?

I mean, its not like our "lower income" workforce are competing against low-skilled EU immigrants from Poland, Slovakia, Hungary etc.......

I mean, its not like current "lower income" people in this country can set-up their own companies and earn money......

Oh, wait a minute..... :rolleyes:

(You really shouldn't have your argument ripped to shreds by somebody you call a "thick cnut"...... :wink: )

So you are saying that the current lower income workforce should be completely replaced by EU immigrants, and all British lower income workers should shift upwards and enter the professional job market?

Because professional jobs are in that much demand? Because all those lower income workers are completely capable of professional careers?

Billydisco, that is fantastic logic. I take back what I said.

This guy is a notorious troll-he goes around insulting people hoping they respond so he can have some form of interaction with people. I mean so desperate to insult you he is saying that if you pay a lot of tax (so earn a lot)...you should earn more. Genius. I mean the people who complain about paying tax won't be the unemployed, think about it.
Where are the jobs for them??

1) There are plenty of jobs out there, just half of this country are too stupid to do them.

2) If there wasnt a job, go and bloody create one yourself! Some people, they need everybody else to do something for them. If you cannot find a job, then find a way to make one for yourself! How do you think entrepreneurs make money? Waiting for somebody to give them a "boss" job?

Oh yeah, great, hang on, no businesses will take me, so I'll take out a loan so I can create my own business. Smart right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest