The Student Room Group

Why do black people greet eachother

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Francis.C
What kind of bullsht is this?! Get the fuk out of here!

this^

Posted from TSR Mobile
its true! especially in suburbarn areas where white people are a majority!
Original post by DiddyDec
Who doesn't enjoy a bit of fisting?

Laughed so much at this :')
Every race loves it obviously :wink:
Because they got in touch with American Blacks and picked up bad habits. It's part of that Urban/Gangster culture. Not all Blacks follow it, but that culture is closely tied to the Black community, slavery, Rap music, sagging the pants like in prison, etc. White people here who follow it will often claim they have "Black blood in them", if anyone questions their behaviour or a Black person accuses them of cultural appropriation. LOL.

Black people who don't follow that culture tend to hate being associated with it because of their race, though. So it's definitely not all Black people that act this way, although I have heard Black people condemn other Blacks for "acting White" if they try to go against this culture.

I'm not really a fan of that subculture, myself. I prefer to be around people who speak English clearly, wear undamaged clothing in a correct manner, and listen to Classical or Metal music. Oh, and I'm apparently racist for not liking Rap music. Yes, someone actually said that to me. I hope they were kidding, but I'm really not sure.
Original post by Eigo-Jin
My mother who is black will say hello to any black person she sees, and any black person she encounters will say hello. About 99% of the time. I asked her why she did this. She said "we just do." I think it's a cultural thing.

Original post by sebe0062
black people tend to say hello to each other because we are in the white mans land, its good to see black people flourishing.

Interesting. I'm black and I live in Scotland, where there aren't many black people around compared to down south, so whenever I do see one, they are very noticeable and I do feel a small urge to say hello to "my fellow brother/sister", but then don't for fear of looking like a total weirdo :frown:
Original post by jeremy1988
Because they got in touch with American Blacks and picked up bad habits. It's part of that Urban/Gangster culture. Not all Blacks follow it, but that culture is closely tied to the Black community, slavery, Rap music, sagging the pants like in prison, etc. White people here who follow it will often claim they have "Black blood in them", if anyone questions their behaviour or a Black person accuses them of cultural appropriation. LOL.

Black people who don't follow that culture tend to hate being associated with it because of their race, though. So it's definitely not all Black people that act this way, although I have heard Black people condemn other Blacks for "acting White" if they try to go against this culture.

I'm not really a fan of that subculture, myself. I prefer to be around people who speak English clearly, wear undamaged clothing in a correct manner, and listen to Classical or Metal music. Oh, and I'm apparently racist for not liking Rap music. Yes, someone actually said that to me. I hope they were kidding, but I'm really not sure.

ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
to get to the other side.

i thought it was the start of a joke. dissapointed.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Interesting. I'm black and I live in Scotland, where there aren't many black people around compared to down south, so whenever I do see one, they are very noticeable and I do feel a small urge to say hello to "my fellow brother/sister", but then don't for fear of looking like a total weirdo :frown:

I think you should give it a try. They probably will say hello back :h:
Most freshy Asians shake hands greeting regular friends. More of a group/gang culture init.
Original post by DiddyDec
Who doesn't enjoy a bit of fisting?

Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamirac
What have people on TSR come to...
Come to? It's always been like this :h:
Reply 31

interesting

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1812102,00.html
Original post by Tootles
Come to? It's always been like this :h:

Exactly :h:
Original post by Inexorably
I have seen overwhelmingly more white people do this than blacks.

Where do you live?
I never see white people do this
I have to give my fellow black fellas the busdriver nod :h:
wut pls
Reply 36
Tbh black people created the fist bump. It shows brotherhood, I only doit to my good mates. Its a gesture of letting the person know you think highly of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37

You do realise that you're an idiot..right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Those fists are white :dunce:

lmao omg good one. Thread should've ended there. In fact, it should've never started.
Original post by matthewduncan
Where do you live?
I never see white people do this

You just did in the photo you put up. God save us from the trolls.

Quick Reply

Latest