The Student Room Group

Anyone else like Tywin Lannister?

So I really like Tywin Lannister, he gets me. With all this talk about legacy and the way he manipulates and uses strategy, all of the levers of power to get what he wants. He was a truly great man and one I greatly admire. Shame he was murdered by his emotionally stunted and immature son. If only I could have been his son. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nah he was a dick. The fact that he hated Tyrion for being a dwarf and killing his wife Joanna during his birth (both of which aren't his fault obvs) kept him from realising that Tyrion was the best choice as an heir. But his dedication to his family's legacy is somewhat admirable.
Original post by jedanselemyia
Nah he was a dick. The fact that he hated Tyrion for being a dwarf and killing his wife Joanna during his birth (both of which aren't his fault obvs) kept him from realising that Tyrion was the best choice as an heir. But his dedication to his family's legacy is somewhat admirable.

Are you joking? He may have hated Tyrion for killing his wife and being a "halfman" however he gave him opportunities to prove his capabilities. Tyrion failed, that is why he didn't get the respect or title of his father. For Tywin legacy comes before his personally feelings and emotions. So all the love for Tyrion and hatred for Tywin is misguided.
Reply 3
I imagine you'd fit perfectly in Game Of Thrones.

You would have played the role of that little sissy weasel Joffrey brilliantly.:colonhash:
The sad thing about this post is that in the OP's mind it's a troll, but in reality, to serious ASOIAF fans, it's quite accurate. Especially here, "With all this talk about legacy and the way he manipulates and uses strategy, all of the levers of power to get what he wants. He was a truly great man." Then you announce the troll by starting on wee Tyrion.
Original post by william walker
So I really like Tywin Lannister, he gets me. With all this talk about legacy and the way he manipulates and uses strategy, all of the levers of power to get what he wants. He was a truly great man and one I greatly admire. Shame he was murdered by his emotionally stunted and immature son. If only I could have been his son. :frown:

what season are you on? I'm so tempted to give you a spoiler! :colone:
Original post by Oh ooo
I imagine you'd fit perfectly in Game Of Thrones.

You would have played the role of that little sissy weasel Joffrey brilliantly.:colonhash:

I would play my own role. I would defeat but not kill the Mountain with a dart. Then get the Hound and Tyrion Lannister to join forces against the king. With me in the back ground manipulating and insuring their rise to power. I would be known as William Walker, the Duke of Cumberland.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stochasticking
what season are you on? I'm so tempted to give you a spoiler! :colone:

All of them. To best honest I think game of thrones is a load of rubbish.

An admirable villain for sure :smile:
Original post by Kittyboy
An admirable villain for sure :smile:

What villainous thing has he done?
Are you joking? He may have hated Tyrion for killing his wife and being a "halfman" however he gave him opportunities to prove his capabilities. Tyrion failed, that is why he didn't get the respect or title of his father. For Tywin legacy comes before his personally feelings and emotions. So all the love for Tyrion and hatred for Tywin is misguided.

Well, he was a nobleman's son, so obviously he was going to get the education.
What did Tyrion fail at? He did pretty well. Tyrion knew his father hated him so there was no point in trying to gain approval. No matter how clever Tyrion was, Tywin didn't give a damn.
Original post by 雷尼克
jesus christ man, that guy ordered the rape and murder of children, he forces his children to marry for his own gain and he sentenced his son to death while he slept with the person who he loved

go to a mental institution, now

Why do you think I would want to defeat the Mountain. I was gutted when the Viper lost.
Well, he was a nobleman's son, so obviously he was going to get the education.
What did Tyrion fail at? He did pretty well. Tyrion knew his father hated him so there was no point in trying to gain approval. No matter how clever Tyrion was, Tywin didn't give a damn.

You don't do things for your fathers approval, you do it for your own power. That is what Tywin wanted. None of his children were able to be anything without him.
Original post by 雷尼克
get outside please, just do it, you spend way too much time on here

Indeed. Just getting in the shower now actually.
Tywin was a straight up G and my favourite character in GoT. The title of the program is Game of Thrones and he knew how to play it better than anyone else. Senator Carcetti and the Spider(?) come close but don't have any of the power, so...

Killing him was a bit like killing Saddam, you end up with a power vacuum that will leave Westeros/Iraq ****ed.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Tywin was a straight up G and my favourite character in GoT. The title of the program is Game of Thrones and he knew how to play it better than anyone else. Senator Carcetti and the Spider(?) come close but don't have any of the power, so...

Killing him was a bit like killing Saddam, you end up with a power vacuum that will leave Westeros/Iraq ****ed.

Iraq already was wrecked.

So was Westeros.
Whatever.

Badman. RIP.
Reply 17
Never have i laughed so much at a scene in a series as i did when i saw the stones with the eyes painted on them on tywin's face. Best thing ive ever seen :rofl:

Spoiler

You don't do things for your fathers approval, you do it for your own power. That is what Tywin wanted. None of his children were able to be anything without him.

And that's exactly what Tyrion did :redface:
And that's exactly what Tyrion did :redface:

No he didn't.

Quick Reply