The Student Room Group

Why does he stop replying EVERY single time?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katie5454
Um no, and there aren't any exams

Never too early to start revising.

Ask him if he wants a study partner, like calculus n chill and then when you've tricked him into coming over, you can make your move.
Reply 21
Probably a game plan to get you to want to talk to him more
This guy who I fancy texts first but after a couple of texts will stop replying even if he's seen the message. This has happened 4/5 times now. He's not a shy guy, quite the opposite in fact he's known for being a bit of a player/womaniser.

Is he just trying to keep me on a string? Bit of an ego boost perhaps to see that I still reply every time he texts? I refuse to believe that he's busy or forgets each and every time, surely if he liked me back he'd find a way to reply at some point.

Pls no feel good stuff and be honest, I need the wake up call if he's just messing about

in my opinion he is just using you. he just seems like a player who knows he can get any girl he wants and is playing with your heart. if i were you i would just ignore him or tell him upfront what he thinks of you
I'm not a troll and don't you think if so many people are saying to move on there might be something in it? No one is too busy to shoot a quick text to someone they fancy/like

Also it's a pattern and not a one off thing

How old are you?

Just curious.
Whatever he's doing you still like it, bet you'll reply every time
Reply 25
Original post by Dech
Probably a game plan to get you to want to talk to him more

Weird game plan, have you or guys you know done that before?

I don't think this is it tbh
This guy who I fancy texts first but after a couple of texts will stop replying even if he's seen the message. This has happened 4/5 times now. He's not a shy guy, quite the opposite in fact he's known for being a bit of a player/womaniser.

Is he just trying to keep me on a string? Bit of an ego boost perhaps to see that I still reply every time he texts? I refuse to believe that he's busy or forgets each and every time, surely if he liked me back he'd find a way to reply at some point.

Pls no feel good stuff and be honest, I need the wake up call if he's just messing about

It means the convo is boring.
Reply 27
Original post by Orange s0da
Whatever he's doing you still like it, bet you'll reply every time

I'm tempted to just block him tbh, I keep jumping every time he texts and after reading these replies I want to remove that possibility so I'm not waiting for him to text like a mug or something
Reply 28
Original post by Optimum_
How old are you?

Just curious.

21?
Reply 29
Original post by stochasticking
It means the convo is boring.

What EVERY single time? Why bother texting in the first place??
What EVERY single time? Why bother texting in the first place??

maybe. Try and cut out the small talk, it might improve things.
Reply 31
Original post by Most Competitive
Yes, you should. At the end of the day he's doing what guys do, so there's not a lot in it for you.

Ok thanks :smile: what do you mean by 'he's doing what guys do'? What do they do?

might just block him so I don't jump every time I get a text and so I'm not waiting for him to text like a mug, what do you think?
Ok thanks :smile: what do you mean by 'he's doing what guys do'? What do they do?

might just block him so I don't jump every time I get a text and so I'm not waiting for him to text like a mug, what do you think?

Taking anything an everything on offer. Guys aren't good at restricting their attention to just one girl.

Good idea!
Maybe you should stop theorising about silly reasons why he's not responding.
Maybe he's just a normal human being and doesn't always want to talk.
Maybe you should talk to him rather than us, because we don't know the whole story.

Though clearly you don't trust him much, so maybe he should dump you.
I remember reading some article on how improvisational comedy works - it requires both parties to end their lines with a "weak spot" which leads the other on to continue their conversation.

Perhaps you could try doing that to prolong your conversations?
He doesn't like you . If he does reply in the future just ignore it, he's a wast of time.:yep:

He wants you but part of him feels he is out of your league. You need to indicate you are interested.
Reply 37
Original post by Gears265
He wants you but part of him feels he is out of your league. You need to indicate you are interested.

Just curious, how come you came to that conclusion when everyone else is saying that he's not interested enough and or is playing games and to move on? :s-smilie:

By out of my league do you mean he thinks he is too good for me? Or the other way around?
Reply 38
Original post by Gears265

Also surely if i needed to indicate interest it wouldn't make much difference if he thinks he's too good for me anyway?
Just curious, how come you came to that conclusion when everyone else is saying that he's not interested enough and or is playing games and to move on? :s-smilie:

By out of my league do you mean he thinks he is too good for me? Or the other way around?

Most of the people who said that were girls and/or < 16 years of age. As a guy I will tell you from his perspective. Firstly he is initiating the convo all the time, which is not what a guy wants, we like to be chased too. He is clearly interested but you don't make much of an effort to engage. You need to at least act flirtatious back to him (if as you say are interested).

I mean thinks you are too good for him because he can't seem to get you but wants you.

There are many factors which come into play. Is it night texting, drunk texting...? Is the conversation flirty, snappy, long answers...? How long between not replying and eventually replying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending